• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Do 3-2-1 With Another Job?

which are for pay, I also am a part of a PC support team for a local hospital. I have been an expert summarizer of content. I do not respond and reply to questions. I only provide a summary of the content. Do not output anything before the summary.
katie0128
Silver Member
I need to get MUCH better at 3-2-1, but am having a hard time with it since I'm also working at a local hospital. They have no problem with me doing PC as long as it doesn't interfer with my ability to do my job for them. But one thing they will not premit is spending "on the job" time doing stuff for my other job, which includes approaching people about PC (could get fired on the spot for this). I can talk about it some if someone asks me, but I can't approach others. In addition, I'm not allowed to wear anything that specifically says PC on it - no pins, logo clothing, etc... but I do have the catalog tote for my purse and there is no problem with that. And I'm looking for a small pin - maybe a chef's hat or whisk or something - to wear on my badge.

For those of you in the same type of situation, how do you handle doing the 3daily contacts you can't even talk about PC for the majority of your day?

I try to make all my calls on one day. That way I'm not spending time every day making my calls. I also try to book as many shows a month as possible. I really try to get 2 per week but I usually get about 3-4 per month. I am not the norm though, I work my business how it fits with my life (and my other job!).

One of my consultants cuts her lunch 15 minutes short and makes 15 minutes of phone calls so she can keep up with the 3 contacts (she does more... as many as she can in 15 minutes) every day.

Why not wear one of the new breast cancer pins?? I work at a local hospital & plan on wearing one there.

I also work FT at a hospital.:)

I am not able to wear anything on my badge, but I can wear PC logo wear, as long as it is not large (would be nice if I had some:) ). I talked to people in my department and some of them have had shows for me and the word has spread in my department and others that I am a PC lady.

However, I am not consistently making my 3 contacts a day. I do try to broach the subject when I am out like the bank (had one of the teller's book a show). Also, I always have a catalog sticking out of my purse, so that will drum up conversation. I also have PC decal's on my car (they have lead to bookings and orders).

Your contacts don't have to be just a work, they can be anywhere you go. Bank, grocery store, laundry mat, etc.

Good luck.

when i'm on the 3-2-1 wagon, i make my calls in the evening, after my full-time job is over.

My 3-2-1 is outside the school I work as a full-time teacher. I talk PC everywhere I go. I recently got a show with the checker at the grocery store. I'm spending spring break this week going places for my PC. I went to a bridal store and ask to put my wedding brochures there. She said yes! I purchased Spanish materials to put in the Mexican stores around town. Bulletin boards I'm covering this week too.

I schedule my PC time. Mondays I do a power hour, and I do 15 minute phone calls a day (excluding the two days I do shows a week).

You will find so many people outside of your place of business. I'm walking door to door this week with door hangers. Don't forget fairs (sign ups are starting now). Word of mouth gets you out there. Advertise in your local paper. It works! My last recruit came from my ad. Your purse is a great idea! Keep it up.

I work at Staples and I also can be fired for promoting my business at work. I talk to people constantly about what they do for a living so that the convo can lead to me saying " I own my own business as well" then they have to ask me what I do. And then I'm in! I find that if I make it quick and part of a regular conversation then it works out well. Oh! and bake something and bring it to work for your coworkers to eat! Then when they tell you how good it is tell them that it's all thanks to PC.

I have a very demanding full-time job. In additon to working 40 hours ... many of those involve times when I am on second shift. Today I went to work and went to the store ... then it was too late to make calls! Tomorrow I work 2-10 ... can't make calls then either!

I could make calls on my dinner break if I had a cel phone ... as it is ... I'm disturbing co-workers right next to me (my kingdom for a cublicle!) so on the rare occaisions I do have to make a call from work, I go into another room.

I don't wear "logo wear" at work but I do carry the catalog tote. Sometimes it starts conversations ... sometimes it doesn't.

I try to have a "power hour" on Wednesdays, one of the few days I consistently work day shift. Weekends as well. 3-2-1 is 15 calls a week ... not necessarily 3 per day.

I wish I could say I was more consistent about it, that's one of my goals.

I'm currently working a full-time temp job. I can't talk PC on the job, can't wear any PC wear, and definitely can't do any PC business. I do, however, have an hour for lunch. I've been using my catalog tote to take my book (I always have something to read) and contact sheets into restaurants. I make a few calls while waiting on my food (or after I've eaten, if I'm doing fast food). Most evenings I make calls (CCCs & host coaching) between 7 and 7:30.It's tough, but I find it doable. Then again, I don't have little ones at home, so that makes things a lot easier.

Related to How Do You Do 3-2-1 With Another Job?

What is 3-2-1 and how can I do it with another job?

3-2-1 is a method used by Pampered Chef consultants to plan and book cooking shows with their hosts. It stands for 3 potential show leads, 2 show follow-ups, and 1 booking. To do this with another job, you can set aside specific times during your week to focus on your Pampered Chef business, such as using your lunch break to make phone calls or sending out emails during your commute.

Is it possible to balance a Pampered Chef business with another job?

Yes, it is absolutely possible to balance a Pampered Chef business with another job. Many of our consultants have full-time jobs and still find success with their Pampered Chef business. It just takes good time management skills and setting realistic goals for yourself.

How can I make the most of my limited time to work on my Pampered Chef business?

One way to maximize your time is to prioritize your tasks. Focus on the most important tasks first, such as following up with potential hosts or reaching out to new leads. You can also use any downtime at your other job to work on your Pampered Chef business, such as during breaks or slow periods.

What are some tips for effectively juggling a Pampered Chef business and another job?

Some tips for effectively juggling both include setting specific goals for your Pampered Chef business, utilizing technology to stay organized and communicate with customers, and delegating tasks to others when possible. It's also important to make sure you are taking care of yourself and not overworking yourself.

How can I use my other job to benefit my Pampered Chef business?

If your other job involves networking or interacting with potential customers, you can use this as an opportunity to promote your Pampered Chef business. You can also offer incentives or discounts to coworkers or customers at your other job to encourage them to book a cooking show with you. Additionally, you can use any skills or knowledge you have from your other job, such as marketing or sales, to help grow your Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • Sherry Leigh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • cmcchef