• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling With 3-2-1 Approach? - Find Out What's Working for Others

In summary, Paula has been doing the 3+/day, and can't get to the 2 or 1! She's still relatively new in this business, and is feeling like a loser because she can't get past the 2 or 1 stage. She's been listening to training CDs, but hasn't seen any success. Other than that, Paula recommends just keeping plugging away, and being persistent. Eventually, something will happen.
amy07
Ok, so we all "know" that if we use the 3-2-1 approach our business is "supposed" to take off. Ok, so here's the problem, I have been doing the 3+/day, and can't get to the 2 or 1!:eek: :eek:
I'm still relatively new in this biz, so I am literally running out of CCC I can make, I have been going thru my list of 100. And like previous posts, I am leary of leaving messages, because I want a "live" person. My skin was starting to get thick from hearing no so much, but now, I am breaking :( . Of course this is my hormonal week anyways (TMI, I know) but I feel like such a loser. I see so many of you having great success with doing the 3-2-1, but I just am not getting there! Granted I do have shows lined up, but not like I want. Am I just expecting too much too soon?

And as a side note, I have no problems starting conversations with complete strangers and bringing up PC, carry a bag with catalogs sticking out, have the office in the car bit, and leave mini catalogs places with contact info. I feel like I am really trying everything I can do to drum up some leads/contacts etc. Please do not tell me to go to my upline - as I have previously stated, that is not a means of support for me.

So what is working for you guys? What have those of you who have been in a slump done to turn your biz around? I was listening to a training CD, and the presenter was saying that she went from having "0" shows to doing over $6k/month. Someone please tell me how?!?!:confused: Inquiring minds want to know! I don't want to be DSA statistic and end up quitting!

I recently had new consultant training, and the director made a point to say that 3 contacts a day meant 3 LIVE people, not answering machines, e-mails, or non-answers. Are you counting that way? Maybe that would help?

Also, take catalogs out in public and flaunt them, lol. I got a potential booking at the movie store that way! :)

Do you have any PC Logo clothing..??? I have noticed that the more that I when I wear something that says PC on it or if I carry a bag that says PC on it.. I get questioned asked about the business..... Offer a open house, invite your past host, Do you have any shows on your books at all??

Speaking to 3 people is definitely what we have to do, not just leave messages, as the previous posters have stated.

Also, when you do ask, if the answer is "no", are you asking for a referral? Sometimes, if you give someone a $10 credit for a referral, if that referral actually books a show, which they can use on an order at that show, it may help you get more referrals.

Make sense?

Other than that, I guess I'd say, just keep plugging away. There's an old saying...."if you sling enough spaghetti, eventually some of it is bound to stick"!!

Best wishes,
Paula

I am speaking to 3 "live" people a day. And nothing. I have gotten a few referrals, but even those aren't turning into shows. I don't want to get down and be negative,but I am struggling. I even send out a newsletter, and this past month just out of curiousity to see if anyone was reading it I put that I would give a free gift to anyone who used my website "contact me". I also wanted to see if I could generate more traffic thru the website. Not ONE person did it. I know that I can not be the only one struggling right now, as the bookings forum is always having people looking for new ideas.
So, what have you used to get yourself out of a slump?

This is probably not the most fun thing to hear, but if you keep doing what you are doing you will see results, but usually in 60 or 90 days.

I have learned that the saying what you do today will effect your business in 60-90 days. That is correct from the results I have seen.

Good luck, keep your chin up and see if you can find a vendor event to get your name in front of some new contacts.

Amy - I was just going to say what AlmondFarm said!

Plus - we've all been where you are right now! One of the amazing things about this business is that it only takes one show to turn your business around! I have learned that preseverance is about 90% of the success of my business!

The summer months are hard - hang in there and I promise - things will pick up!

I think there are lots of good tips here but really you just have to keep plugging. I have had decent sales but mostly from having catalog shows running... and most of those I've booked from an initial crop of 5 or so catalog shows. I have not had tons of luck with live shows, and I've had a ton of cancellations. One thing you could try is to get a referral postcard and contest going... go back to your list of 100 and ask everyone on there to find you referrals. For every referral that books a show, offer them $5 or $10 in product credit at that show, make sure to stress that fundraisers, catalog shows and wedding registries count (I would add a minimum purchase to have the registry count, like once it hits $300 in sales). Then add in a contest like the person who brings you the most referrals resulting in shows closed by the end of August (or whenever) will win something a little nicer, like an extra larger product you might have, or buy an extra host special to give away. But I don't think email is the route to go, try and get these people on the phone and make plans for when you will call them back to get the referral names. Good luck and hang in there!

Sounds like you are getting the wrong three people on the phone :p

Seriously, though, ask for referrals, offer $5 off at for the person who referred the host to you. Know that it will take a couple months to see more consistency in your schedule. Get the right 3 people on the phone :rolleyes:

Call all your customers and ask how they are liking their products. Then say, "Do you have a minute? I want to share some of the fabulous new things The Pampered Chef has!" Talk about the specials, whatever. Try to find out what they need.

Also, maybe you need to stop looking for bookings right now. Merely call your customers to see how they like their products, if they need a recipe, etc. The more I needed a booking, the less I got. When I got on the phone to just check in, with the attitude of "What can I do for the customer," I got bookings. Probably because my attitude and therefore word choices were different. I had more conversations that led to bookings.

Takes a while, but it _will_ pay off.

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Something else you might want to do is take a teleclass and get specific words and scripts to say. Sometimes just having the correct words makes the call go smoothly. Even today I had a sister director call me to tell me she got 5 bookings for the end of the month and I asked her what she said.

cmdtrgd said:
Something else you might want to do is take a teleclass and get specific words and scripts to say. Sometimes just having the correct words makes the call go smoothly. Even today I had a sister director call me to tell me she got 5 bookings for the end of the month and I asked her what she said.

So what did she say?? :)

cmdtrgd said:

Uh, Kate..............want to share?:p :eek: :p

I was going through a booking slump in November (yes... our busiest time!) I committed to making 5 calls a day. I did leave messages. I followed the script from the 24 in 24 but didn't tell people I was working a challenge. I wanted them to host for them, not to help me out. In any case... it was frustrating but I did it for 3 weeks and made about 80 calls in all. I got some really good shows... one $1900.. and enough bookings to last me several months. Don't give up... just know that your persistence will pay off! And just as an FYI... the $1900 host was from a message I left and she called me back to book. A $1000 show a week after that was also the result of a message I left so don't underestimate that!

Sorry, having a bad day and I didn't even think to let you all know! She took all her survey and drawing and booth slips and sorted them into hot, warm and lukewarm and then started with the hot group. She said, "Hi, I met you at______ and you expressed an interest in hosting a show. I just wanted to let you know that I had a few cancellations at the end of the month and was wondering if you would like to take advantage of one of those dates." She also mentioned sell-a-thon and how she was earning Fall products and how it would help her. She also had four $15-20 items in her stock. She told them "On a first-come first-served basis you can choose one of the items at your show." Since it was sell-a-thon, she let them know it was special and not something she did normally.

cmdtrgd said:
Sorry, having a bad day and I didn't even think to let you all know! She took all her survey and drawing and booth slips and sorted them into hot, warm and lukewarm and then started with the hot group. She said, "Hi, I met you at______ and you expressed an interest in hosting a show. I just wanted to let you know that I had a few cancellations at the end of the month and was wondering if you would like to take advantage of one of those dates." She also mentioned sell-a-thon and how she was earning Fall products and how it would help her. She also had four $15-20 items in her stock. She told them "On a first-come first-served basis you can choose one of the items at your show." Since it was sell-a-thon, she let them know it was special and not something she did normally.
That's a good idea. I may have to try it.

Talking to someone out in real life counts as one of your contacts!

Try to spread out your contacts, not focusing on just, say, your church friends. Have each of your three contacts come from different areas in your life.

What is the 3-2-1 approach?

The 3-2-1 approach is a method used by Pampered Chef consultants to help customers plan and prepare meals more efficiently. It involves choosing three main ingredients, two supporting ingredients, and one additional flavor-booster to create a well-rounded and flavorful dish.

How can the 3-2-1 approach benefit me?

The 3-2-1 approach can save you time and money by simplifying meal planning and reducing food waste. It also encourages creativity in the kitchen and allows for versatility in using different ingredients to create a variety of dishes.

Can I use the 3-2-1 approach for all types of meals?

Yes, the 3-2-1 approach can be applied to a wide range of meals, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It can also be used for both simple and more complex dishes, making it a versatile method for all types of cooking.

What if I have dietary restrictions or preferences?

The 3-2-1 approach can easily be adapted to accommodate dietary restrictions or preferences. You can choose ingredients that fit your specific needs or substitute them with alternatives that still follow the 3-2-1 ratio.

Where can I find inspiration for 3-2-1 approach meals?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes and meal ideas that follow the 3-2-1 approach on our website and through our consultants. You can also find inspiration from cookbooks and online resources that focus on this method of meal planning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kraber
  • katie0128
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • lisasfuncooking