• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Getting Bookings? Tips on How to Start Booking Shows

In summary, The sales for this show are at $287 and the host still has four orders to turn in. My problem is that I'm not getting bookings. How do I do it? I'm asking every person but still nothing. It's so disappointing because I'd like to have some shows on the books. Any tips?
tinat51796
I just got home from my second show. Sales for this show are at $287 and the host still has four orders to turn in. My problem is that I'm not getting bookings. How do I do it? I"m asking every person but still nothing. It's so disappointing because I'd like to have some shows on the books. Any tips?

tinat51796 said:
I just got home from my second show. Sales for this show are at $287 and the host still has four orders to turn in. My problem is that I'm not getting bookings. How do I do it? I"m asking every person but still nothing. It's so disappointing because I'd like to have some shows on the books. Any tips?

Make customer care calls and depending on what people ordered tell them that you'll help the get the "complimenting product" for free if they host a show. Tell them how the host did thanks to them, how much she got free, 1/2 off etc. If all else fails ask for a catalog show.

Get the host to buy into helping you get the bookings. My hosts have been excited about what the host specials are for Oct, Nov & Dec and they're getting their friends to book so they can get them.

Joe & Diane
PamperedChefDude & Dudette

Host coach your hosts to larger attendance. That way you will have more people to ask, and sometimes it really does amount to a numbers game. Your first shows can be the hardest because they are your friends a family and they don't always take your host coaching very seriously. It will get easier. It will!

tinat51796 said:

I am in the SAME BOAT!

I got no bookings from my first 2 shows where I live now (my first 3 shows were right before I moved and I wouldn't have been able to do the shows if I had gotten any so I didn't push them). I found things went better for me once I got outside of my social circle--I did a couple of vendor fairs and got contacts that way. Also, do call everyone who ordered at your shows for customer care, and explain the host program and upcoming specials. I've found people who won't book at a show but then book a few months later.

What words are you using? I would call your director and ask her help. Role play with her. She'll give you good words and advise you on how to change yours slightly to have more success.

can some of you let us know what you say to explain the host benifits? Like if you called a customer care call, and you would say....?
That would help me alot, because i am in the same boat!! All I have gotten from my last 3 shows are Catalog show, and 1 at each.. sooo... i need a little more!

Word ChoicesWell I can do one better than give you word choices that I use during host coaching and customer care calls..... I will also share with you my notes from bookings galore workshop at confernce!!

Some of the word choices that I use.... are I always tell the host the benfits of getting bookings off of her show.... "When your firend books a show off of y our show, and holds that show within 6 months of your show.. You will be able to get their host speical". Is one that I use all the time

Use the words, When you host ........, not If you host.......

Be excited about their show!!! Practice host coaching yourself and talking outloud!! It works!!! If you can hear the inlfection in your voice and how you sound, it will help you improve!!

Attachments

• Bookings%20Galore%20Workshop%20National%20Conference[1].doc
    33 KB · Views: 385
Leah, Just a quick question, do you have or play the scavanger hunt game? That would be fun! Or if you have some fun Game ideas!

feather18 said:
Leah, Just a quick question, do you have or play the scavanger hunt game? That would be fun! Or if you have some fun Game ideas!

I have played the scavanger hunt game....... What I do is I send them through a scavanger hunt as I am demoing produtcs... but the hunt is the things in the back ground.... not the actually product... It's fun... The other game is fun is called "have it, love it" I haven't done this one at my shows yet.

do you have an outline or something to direct me for the scavanger hunt game?

I agree with Leah, I always use the words "when you host" when talking about bookings. I assume everyone is going to book. I ALWAYS and I mean this, re-book my host when I close the show. It guarantees my calendar will look the same in 6 months. I also give my host this information at the first call: WHEN you have 3 bookings, that can include yourself in 6 months, I will give you your choice of ANY stoneware when the 3rd show is booked. This gets my hosts looking for bookings before their own show is even held. I usually get the 3 bookings from my shows and sometimes more. Use the yummy pictures of our theme shows. These seem to really intice (sp) them to want shows. As the holidays approach, I use a box wrapped like a gift with ribbon and a message inside for a free products (unknown until upwrapped). The first guest to book gets to take off the ribbon, the second unwrap it and the third open and hand to the host who gets the gift.

feather18 said:
do you have an outline or something to direct me for the scavanger hunt game?

I searched the files for the scavenger hunt game.... but the way I do it.. is I go through the catalog and pick certain pages that products on... before the show even starts..... and write the background item on the sticky note... so during the show I can look off my notes!!

IdeasOffer theme shows, especially for this time of the year when holidays are fast approaching! An early "Christmas shopping party" or "Get what you need for Thanksgiving party!" Also try some nice relaxing theme shows like "Girls night out" or "Pajama party" or "Chocolate Lover's show!" or "Coffee Lover's Show!" or a Favorite TV show theme!
Try to find out what your guests might like to do at their shows! Make it sound fun and exciting and different from what they just experienced (not that is was bad or boring) but I have to be very creative and try new things to get my repeat hosts excited and repeat guests to book!

Also try to offer FREE cooking shows where you buy the ingredients and then write it off at tax time (save your receipts). Tell them they have nothing to lost but everything to gain with our generous host benefits.

During your shows ask people to write what products they would love to have for FREE or half off on the back of their order forms if that was an option for them tonight! When they come up to turn in their order, flip over their order form and see how you can talk them into doing a show to get those products. Tell them how easy it is and you might get them to book!

Have a drawing for those who book a show at your cooking shows! Nothing expensive but something to get them interested.

Tell everyone about the host benefits and how your host would be so happy to save money at their shows with the 60% off item for hosts only!
"Mary did you know that next month the host special is __________ at 60% off! Do you know you can take advantage of that if someone books a show tonight for that month? If every person here books a show for the next six months you can take advantage of each of those specials!! Or if everyone booked for next month you could get (X amount) of host specials next month!!"

Hope this helps. I hope you get some bookings!!
Debbie :D

1. How can I get more bookings?

The key to getting more bookings is to actively reach out to potential hosts and ask them to host a show. This can be done through phone calls, social media, or in-person conversations. You can also offer incentives or special deals to entice people to book a show with you.

2. What if people keep saying no to hosting a show?

It's important to remember that not everyone will be interested in hosting a show. Don't take it personally and continue to reach out to new potential hosts. You can also ask for referrals from previous hosts or customers to expand your network.

3. How can I make my booking pitches more convincing?

One way to make your booking pitches more convincing is to share success stories and testimonials from previous hosts. This will show potential hosts the benefits of hosting a show and the positive experiences others have had. You can also offer a sneak peek of new products or exclusive discounts to make your offer more appealing.

4. What if I'm not comfortable with approaching people about hosting a show?

If you're not comfortable with direct approaches, you can try hosting an open house or party where people can see and experience the products in person. This can be a more low-pressure way to introduce people to Pampered Chef and potentially book shows.

5. How can I keep track of my bookings and follow up with potential hosts?

Using a booking calendar or planner can be helpful in keeping track of your bookings and following up with potential hosts. You can also use customer or host databases to keep their contact information organized and easily accessible for follow-ups. Utilizing digital tools such as email marketing or social media can also make it easier to communicate with potential hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • chefmatula
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • cochef