• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking Shows with a Busy Home Life: Tips and Advice

didn't work! A lot of the things on this list are things you would tell a potential host regardless of whether or not they were hosting a show. Some of the other things on this list are things you might tell a potential host if they were hosting a show, like making sure they have all of the supplies they need, or reminding them about the food sampling guidelines.
chefmatula
Gold Member
I've been in a show rut for the past four months. I know what some of my problems are, it's just that with two small children at home, it's hard to stay on top of things. I have just cleared my calendar for every Tuesday night to make phone calls, and I hope that will help. Do ya'll have any other suggestions of getting shows booked? I have exhausted all of my immediate circle being that I've been selling for almost 5 years. Any advice is welcomed!! Thanks so much!

Go to Consultant's Corner and download "Out and About Contacts Made Easy." Follow some of the suggestions, like handing out recipe cards at a farmer's market, going to the grocery store in your apron, and chatting with moms at the park or McDonald's Play Place.

I'll trade you! I have been on a self imposed "PC Layoff" for over a year. I have been going to school and the homework kills me! I average about 30 hours a week of home work and 20 hours of class time. Now, I am very close to being done with school. I sat down yesterday, as I found all the recipe cards, Season's Bests and whatever else I could find and put my info sticker on every one of them. I grabbed my sling bag, yes I am a guy but hey it is small enough not to be a pain to carry, and filled it up. My goal is to start booking August by handing out this stuff. Intrepid is right. The Out and About is really good. Pick one or two items and go for it. Like my line says, if do not try you get no results. NOs are results! It means you are working it. Yes, it takes time to get those Yes's but what have you got to loose? Time? I can handle loosing some time if it means a pay check in the end. You do it even if you work full time for someone else! (I have had jobs that have been a waste of time!) Besides, you never loose anything really as long as you are trying! Good luck to you!

Thanks ya'll! I've recently put some things on the backburner and moved my business up to the front where I can keep a watchful eye on it.! I have one of the best directors around and we talked this morning on the phone for about an hour...she was able to go to conference and I wasn't...so that really lit a match under my rear! LOL :)

Excited to see what I go from here!

Curious to know what your D said to light that fire. :)

Also, look at outside orders that you didn't necessarily follow up with. Call customers from 11 months ago to make sure they're loving their products because their 1 yr guarantee is about to hit. Mention to them the extra FPV for July hosts.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Go to Consultant's Corner and download "Out and About Contacts Made Easy." Follow some of the suggestions, like handing out recipe cards at a farmer's market, going to the grocery store in your apron, and chatting with moms at the park or McDonald's Play Place.

Where do you find this? I can't locate it. I'm also trying to locate those "Did you know" sticker templates.:cry:

For future reference, it's under "managing your business", "my shows", "working with hosts", "booking/recruiting catalog stickers".

Thank you!I was reading them and this one does not make any sense?Did you know that hosting a Show is not only fun, it’s easy? You don’t have to make refreshments

I suppose it means that the consultant is going to make the refreshments?

I have a gal that was supposed to be hosting one of my first shows. She still hasn't had her show (I signed in March). She is making it WAY too complicated! I don't know if I even want her to do a show now because if she does, she's going to make everyone that attends think that they have to have fresh, floral centerpieces and fine china and silver in order to do a party.

I've told people that keeping it simple is better for both of us!

I hear ya! I had a host that had SO much food on her table, I had to move it to do my demo. All the host coaching in the world and telling them it's a food sampling, not a meal. LOL However, this host wants to sign up, too! I'm anxious to fill my kitchen with some new appliances for the recruiting bonus.

Well, if she wants to sign, she can put out all the china she wants! ;)

What are some tips for booking shows with a busy home life?

1. Utilize online booking tools: With a busy home life, it can be difficult to find time to physically book shows. Take advantage of online booking tools to make the process more efficient.

2. Plan ahead: Set aside specific days or times each week to focus on booking shows. This will help you stay organized and ensure you have enough time to balance your home life and work responsibilities.

3. Simplify your show setup: Look for ways to simplify your show setup, such as prepping ingredients or organizing your products before the show. This will save time and energy, leaving you more time to focus on your family.

4. Host virtual shows: Consider hosting virtual shows to eliminate the need for travel and setup time. This can be a great option for busy parents who have limited time available.

5. Delegate tasks: Don't be afraid to ask for help from family or friends. Delegate tasks such as childcare or housework so you can have more time to focus on booking and preparing for shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies