• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Products.. Ideas, Wishes???

In summary, the customer wants more open stock cookware, cake testers to come back, better logo wear, a storage solution for stoneware, and a new color for the Glazed Stoneware.
ChefBeckyD said:
LOL! I'm really confused too. I was picturing something like a cupcake holder tree thingy....but WHAT???:confused:

When fancy-schmancy restaurants make those food towers they usually use some kind of mold to hold the food in place while they are stacking it all up. I believe that is the kind of ring Kris is requesting.

Chef Kearns said:
When fancy-schmancy restaurants make those food towers they usually use some kind of mold to hold the food in place while they are stacking it all up. I believe that is the kind of ring Kris is requesting.
That's exactly what I thought she meant, too! Which is why I suggested using cans. That's what AB suggests on Good Eats. Oh- you do need to cut both ends off, so that all you have is the side of the can.Like these: http://www.foodnetworkstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?R=135351&ccaid=FNFNRSS135351

chefann said:
That's exactly what I thought she meant, too! Which is why I suggested using cans. That's what AB suggests on Good Eats. Oh- you do need to cut both ends off, so that all you have is the side of the can.

Like these: http://www.foodnetworkstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?R=135351&ccaid=FNFNRSS135351

Okay - I get it now. I guess I would have called it a mold, not a ring.

chefann said:
You can use washed out empty cans: tomato paste, small tomato sauce, small veg, large veg and tuna cans all make different sizes.

But I can't sell empty cans...well maybe I could in a pinch, but I hope to keep this job awhile. ;)

Seriously, I already own a couple sets of these. I enjoy using them and I like the end result they produce (it makes friends and family feel special..which is why I use them.) I don't want to use a empty can for the same reason I don't want to use any old spatula: quality tools make a difference. :)

[Before I became a consultant, I was the customer you loved to have. I am a total kitchen junkie!]

What kind of recipes do you make with these Kris?

Wish List:

Half Aprons as a choice
REAL plus size womens clothing @ Merrill
Woven Basket for the DCB
SA Cookbook Holder
A Spice Case (hold spices like the new knife case)
Dots Martini glasses (I would settle for my stemware right now :()
Larger holed drum for Rotary Grater
Nut Cracker
Garlic Press w/Slicer wires
I like the idea of a Lg Bamboo bowl (that would fit the old woven sq. basket)
A cantelope wedger like our apple wedger
and of course I always ask for the Pampered Groom's apron to come back

Oh... and world peace!!!

something other than dots - ugh!
individual stainless steel measuring spoons and cups.

The rings someone asked for.. they could be a set of biscuit/etc cutters. I have a set of round rings that go from about an inch to 3-4 or so inches in diameter. Made of SS that I use for biscuits, cookies, molding rice/polenta/potatoes on plates ( on the occasions that I actually go to the trouble of plating dishes. I used to do this when I entertained, but that was then and this is now!) I think I got these at WS years ago. But a nice set would compliment out creative cutters and go well with our pastry mat.

I agree with some of the others:

$2.00 bamboo tongs
cherry/olive pitter
cake tester

YES on the cake tester, $2 bamboo tongs, Exec. sauce pans (open stock) and a hamburger press is asked for soooo much with my customers. Bring back the 4 qt. Exec. stock pot (or was that Prof.?)....either way, want it. I know there are more things, but can't think of them right now!!

Just three words:
GOOD COMPANY COFFEE!!!

Nicer redesigned "gourmet" looking labels for ALL of the pantry items. A simple change that would make all the difference. To me, the current ones look drab and boring, and make them look lower quality than they are. I always talk about the sprinkles as great stocking stuffers or little gift add ons, but the labels spoil them!

I think its time for the dots to go away too... its a little to wonder bready for me. Or at least had the stemware been etched glass dots, kinda like the Miksa cheers line, it would have looks more upscale and not so ... kiddish, circus'y. Time for newer, more classic or contemporary styles.

- black glazed stones
- black Simple Additions
(my kitchen is black and blue!)

and I keep hearing apron from my customers!

I would LOVE to have more gadgets too! I am not a fan of the dots and, just personally speaking, they are WAY too expensive. Of course, that's just my opinion but there ya go LOL

I'd love the mold rings,
melon/fruit slicers (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019TT354/?tag=pfamazon01-20)
Better, gourmet decorating tools (tips, techniques, etc)
A continued focus on amazing microwave meals and subsequent products
Cupcake and cake carriers
Larger selection of sizes and colors of the collapsible bowls
Better color choice than that yuck green. Many customers have commented on that!
Silicone Rolling Pin
Baking Mat Silicone Liners for pans
Open stock on all pans and lids
French fry cutter for potatoes
mango Cutter
Oil drizzler
:chef::D

AnnieBee said:
Nicer redesigned "gourmet" looking labels for ALL of the pantry items. A simple change that would make all the difference. To me, the current ones look drab and boring, and make them look lower quality than they are. I always talk about the sprinkles as great stocking stuffers or little gift add ons, but the labels spoil them!

These were redesigned about a year or so ago? They used to look WAY worse!

I was going to mention that, Deb, and you beat me to it!

Wow! That is so wierd! The catalog is so beautifully produced, the web-site looks nice, up-scle and contemporary, but the pantry items look old-fashioned, in a bad way, not in a cute/traditional way... IMO, of course! I can't believe that they re-designed them and came up with this!

WOW!! You should have seen the ones 2 years ago!!:yuck: The new labels are 99% better.. IMHO

~ G

legacypc46 said:
Oops, not those kind of rings!

The ones I'm thinking of are round metal rings of varying heights and widths. They're used for stacking components of an appetizer or dessert. Restaurants used them for years, but now with the food network, they are popping up for home use as well. They provide an easy way to create a 'wow' effect. :)
I love this idea. I have bought rings at gourmet cooking stores and done this - makes a great presentation - but the ones I have bought aren't much (if any) wider than cookie cutters. This would be a perfect addition to our line. Have you suggested it to HO Kris?

I have not only gotten round ones, I have square ones too. Triangle would be fun!

Personally, I would not want to use an old can for it but using that idea, it would sell our can openers.

First - those of you who keep saying you want more "gadgets" - just don't let the people from product development hear you say that! I heard someone say that in a workshop one time at conference....and we got to hear a little mini lecture on that fact that PC doesn't sell "gadgets"...we sell high quality kitchen tools!
The difference being that a gadget usually only has one use, is a fad, and will just sit in the back of someones kitchen drawer or cupboard and never be used.
A Kitchen Tool is something that has practical every day uses - and can usually be used in more ways than just one!

So - if you are emailing these suggestions to HO - if I were you, I wouldn't start the email by saying you'd like to see more gadgets!

Second - I LOVE the Dots! Love them, Love them, Love them!

And I must be in the majority - or why would PC keep adding to the line? I don't think they would do that if it wasn't selling well. I sell a ton of Dots - Last November, when different pieces of SA were the host special, I think almost every one of my 14 Nov. Show hosts picked the Round Dots Bowl as their 60% off piece!
I'd like to see a butter dish, and sugar and creamer set in the Dots!

redsoxgirl said:
- black glazed stones
- black Simple Additions
(my kitchen is black and blue!)

and I keep hearing apron from my customers!

I've never heard this until recently....and now I get requests for an apron frequently. I wonder what the deal is? The Food Network? More people eating at home? Hmmmm.....

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:

Second - I LOVE the Dots! Love them, Love them, Love them!

And I must be in the majority - or why would PC keep adding to the line? I don't think they would do that if it wasn't selling well. I sell a ton of Dots - Last November, when different pieces of SA were the host special, I think almost every one of my 14 Nov. Show hosts picked the Round Dots Bowl as their 60% off piece!
I'd like to see a butter dish, and sugar and creamer set in the Dots!

I love the dots too! I have a 10-place setting of the dishes! I so love them. :D The only piece that I don't have is the trio bowl, but I really want it! (I gave my sample away as a thank you to a host) I'd like to see a pitcher in the dots, the butter dish & a sugar/creamer set. LOVE THEM! :love: :love: :love:

PC sells kitchen tools not gadgets!!! I don't mean that to sound snarky but we must always remember to refer to our products as kitchen tools.:)

I too love the dots!! But I would love to see the round SA plates and mugs without dots, a nice plain white would due for me :) I use SA as my everyday plates and bowls.

I would like to see:

Bread baskets w/stone insert
more bamboo serving bowls and maybe a platter
bring back serving fork and spoons
steamer insert for cookware
SS measuring spoons and cups

Here in Canada we have a brand called Presidents Choice (PC), it's sold at SuperStore/Extra Foods it's line of products are almost a replica of ours. Sometimes they come out with the products before we do, very annoying :( Anyways their line always has assorted colors and I like that gives more choices.

I remembered another thing I had requested from HO. And I can't take credit - someone else gave me the idea. But I think it's a great one!reusable grocery bags, with the PC logo on them. They could be a product for HWC or RUFTH, and have the appropriate charity logo on them, too. I know I'd buy several, and think customers would be highly likely to purchase multiples, too. With more stores encouraging use of non-disposable bags (some even take money off your bill if you bring your own bags - Whole Foods credits 10¢ per bag), they'd be a popular item.

Ann, I love the idea of tying it in with round up for the heart.
I wouldn't even want to see it in the catalog, but maybe as a gift when they round up a certain amount :)
Awesome!

Koolotus said:
Ann, I love the idea of tying it in with round up for the heart.
I wouldn't even want to see it in the catalog, but maybe as a gift when they round up a certain amount :)
Awesome!
I love this idea!!

Okay, yesterday I was at my mom's computer and saw she gets e-mails from Williams-Sonoma, so I clicked on the website and was checking out what new stuff they are selling. I saw something really interesting, but couldn't find it again today. It's this clear box thing that has a telescoping top part that has interchangeable parts, so you can slice, dice, and all sorts of things, when you push straight down on it. It had a video to watch the demonstration. It was pretty interesting and it said it was exclusively theirs. Just thought it was interesting. Not sure if PC is allowed to take their idea and tweak it or not. I just wish I could find it again and post the link.

chefann said:
I remembered another thing I had requested from HO. And I can't take credit - someone else gave me the idea. But I think it's a great one!

reusable grocery bags, with the PC logo on them. They could be a product for HWC or RUFTH, and have the appropriate charity logo on them, too. I know I'd buy several, and think customers would be highly likely to purchase multiples, too. With more stores encouraging use of non-disposable bags (some even take money off your bill if you bring your own bags - Whole Foods credits 10¢ per bag), they'd be a popular item.

I think this would be a VERY popular item! I would love to see a variety (HWC, RoundUp, etc.) so people could choose or buy a few of each!

babywings76 said:
Okay, yesterday I was at my mom's computer and saw she gets e-mails from Williams-Sonoma, so I clicked on the website and was checking out what new stuff they are selling. I saw something really interesting, but couldn't find it again today. It's this clear box thing that has a telescoping top part that has interchangeable parts, so you can slice, dice, and all sorts of things, when you push straight down on it. It had a video to watch the demonstration. It was pretty interesting and it said it was exclusively theirs. Just thought it was interesting. Not sure if PC is allowed to take their idea and tweak it or not. I just wish I could find it again and post the link.

this? http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku5471628/index.cfm?pkey=cfruit%2Dvegetable%2Dtools&ckey=fruit%2Dvegetable%2Dtools

chefann said:
I remembered another thing I had requested from HO. And I can't take credit - someone else gave me the idea. But I think it's a great one!

reusable grocery bags, with the PC logo on them. They could be a product for HWC or RUFTH, and have the appropriate charity logo on them, too. I know I'd buy several, and think customers would be highly likely to purchase multiples, too. With more stores encouraging use of non-disposable bags (some even take money off your bill if you bring your own bags - Whole Foods credits 10¢ per bag), they'd be a popular item.

I know around here, most of the grocery stores, including Walmart, sell these at the check out. They even have ones that say they are good for hot/cold things. They are selling them really well, it seems. So PC would have to compete with them on the price. I love the idea of tying it in with the charities, so that could be the deciding factor for people to choose PC over the store's bags.

pamperedlinda said:
this? http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku5471628/index.cfm?pkey=cfruit%2Dvegetable%2Dtools&ckey=fruit%2Dvegetable%2Dtools

yep, that's it. That's funny how I couldn't find it earlier. I looked all over that category. :)

babywings76 said:
yep, that's it. That's funny how I couldn't find it earlier. I looked all over that category. :)

That is a pretty cool tool. I just wonder how much pressure you really have to exert to make it work smoothly like that.

pamperedlinda said:
That is a pretty cool tool. I just wonder how much pressure you really have to exert to make it work smoothly like that.

LOL - that was my first thought too...I'd like to see the demo done with a 65 yr. old woman dealing with some arthritis.;)

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - that was my first thought too...I'd like to see the demo done with a 65 yr. old woman dealing with some arthritis.;)

Exactly. The demonstrator did keep saying to use both hands and use some pressure. It would probably work better if it had a lever on it (something else to break though). I still think it's a nifty tool.

babywings76 said:
I know around here, most of the grocery stores, including Walmart, sell these at the check out. They even have ones that say they are good for hot/cold things. They are selling them really well, it seems. So PC would have to compete with them on the price. I love the idea of tying it in with the charities, so that could be the deciding factor for people to choose PC over the store's bags.

I've got a few of the bags from local stores, but I don't have enough from any one store for a large grocery trip. And the baggers always give me a funny look when I pull out the Trader Joe's bags at Kroger, or the Kroger bags at Meijer, etc. I'd love a bag that's not affiliated with a specific chain! (I've got a couple that I picked up at Ikea, but they're huge and they get really heavy, unless they're full of cereal boxes.)

chefann said:
I've got a few of the bags from local stores, but I don't have enough from any one store for a large grocery trip. And the baggers always give me a funny look when I pull out the Trader Joe's bags at Kroger, or the Kroger bags at Meijer, etc. I'd love a bag that's not affiliated with a specific chain! (I've got a couple that I picked up at Ikea, but they're huge and they get really heavy, unless they're full of cereal boxes.)

Great point--being PC, it would be "accepted" anywhere, and it would be great advertising to boot!

a garlic chopper. I saw this in a magazine the other day and it was pretty cool looking.

I thought of something else I'd like to see, but I kind of have a feeling we will never see it. I'd really like to see a candy thermometer. I need to get a new one and I'd really like to have one of our quality!!!

chefann said:

I got some at Target for $1-$1.50 each. It isn't obvious that they're Target (there are trees on it and the "leaves" are targets) and I've gotten lots of comments on them at our local grocery store.

Oh - I thought of something I'd really like - it's not a product though.

One thing that I'd really like is the ability to print a gift receipt for people who are buying products as gifts.

Great Idea Becky!

I would like to see the stoneware rack come back...
$2 bamboo tongs
I would like to have the bamboo spoons not stamped with "Made in China" (my customers are so happy to buy them until they see that)
crisscross cutter possibility on the Ultimate Mandolin
cast iron 8 or 10 inch pan

Cake/cupcake carrier
Bamboo Cheese block w/drawers for knives underneath

I agree with having a line of dinnerware that's not Dots. I would LOVE to have PC dinnerware, but all those dots on the table would make me dizzy.

Steak Knife set of 6, not 4 (why the heck is it only 4??), for a slightly more reasonable price.

I agree with the grinder needing a lid. I do keep mine on the dining table, as well as bring them to shows and fairs, and I have salt and pepper all over the table now. NOT a good selling point.

Still wanting a pineapple slicer/corer.

I've had several customers looking for a cookbook with only microwave recipes! Especially DCB and fluted pan. The options are endless, but you just have to get creative and so many people just don't have the time/ experience/ money to get really creative with their meal ideas! Just an idea...

Laura420 said:
I'd like to see fully glazed stoneware. Dishwasher and soap friendly!!;)

Genius idead!!:thumbup:

Laura420 said:
I'd like to see fully glazed stoneware. Dishwasher and soap friendly!!;)

Genius idea!!:thumbup:

babywings76 said:
I still prefer to use my metal sheet pans for cookies, so when I try using the large serving spatula, it scratches the metal and gives me shivers! :) So I'd like a nonstick thin spatula instead. (I know, I really need to try using the stoneware and see if I can convert myself to using them for cookies.)

Also, I must really be a klutz, but when I tried using parchment paper on the stones the last time, my cookies slid off the paper and landed on the floor and the counter while I was trying to slide them onto the cooling rack. :eek: No really, I need help! ;)

The stones are awesome to bake cookies on! That is all we use and the mini serving spatula to take them off. We don't ever have problems with them!

second the motion for bamboo napkin holder
revive stripes pattern or something else along those lines (more formal/masculine)
larger bamboo bowl
square white plates and bowls as a dinnerware set

babywings76 said:
something to sit the grinder set on, so salt doesn't get all over my counter. ;) Or, lids that go on the bottom of them, so when I take them to shows, they don't spill everywhere.

A storage solution for stoneware

I had a customer request a 2 cup Batter bowl.

a lid for the rectangular baker

a lid for the round SA platter, to transport cakes and such more easily.

I haven't finished reading this thread but I love the idea of either a small bamboo tray for the Grinders or a SA piece so they have something to set on when on the table.

I have customers ask if we have a LARGER batter bowl (I think it would be a bit too heavy).

I have a lot of customers asking for a french fry attatchment for the ultimate mandoline, & I also would love to see some form of a storage rack for my stoneware, I hate stacking them, I'm so afraid of them cracking.

<H2>1. What kind of new products can we expect from Pampered Chef?</H2><p>At Pampered Chef, we are always looking for new and innovative products to add to our collection. We have a team of product developers constantly researching and testing new ideas to bring to our customers. Some recent new products include the Quick Cooker, Indoor Outdoor Portable Grill, and the Deluxe Air Fryer.</p><H2>2. Can we make suggestions for new products or share our ideas and wishes?</H2><p>Yes, we welcome all ideas and suggestions from our customers! We have a "Product Idea" form on our website where you can submit your thoughts and wishes for new products. Our team takes these suggestions into consideration when developing new products.</p><H2>3. Will there be any new additions to your stainless steel cookware line?</H2><p>We are constantly expanding and improving our stainless steel cookware line. We understand that our customers love this collection and we are always looking for ways to make it even better. Keep an eye out for new and improved stainless steel pieces in the near future!</p><H2>4. Do you offer any open stock stainless steel pieces?</H2><p>We currently offer a variety of open stock stainless steel pieces, including skillets, saucepans, and stockpots. You can find these on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant. We are always adding new open stock pieces to our collection, so be sure to check back often!</p><H2>5. Can we expect any new logo wear or merchandise?</H2><p>We understand that our customers love to show off their Pampered Chef pride with logo wear and merchandise. That's why we are constantly updating and expanding our selection of logo wear and other merchandise. Keep an eye out for new and improved options, including better quality materials and designs.</p>

Related to New Products.. Ideas, Wishes???

1. What kind of new products can we expect from Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we are always looking for new and innovative products to add to our collection. We have a team of product developers constantly researching and testing new ideas to bring to our customers. Some recent new products include the Quick Cooker, Indoor Outdoor Portable Grill, and the Deluxe Air Fryer.

2. Can we make suggestions for new products or share our ideas and wishes?

Yes, we welcome all ideas and suggestions from our customers! We have a "Product Idea" form on our website where you can submit your thoughts and wishes for new products. Our team takes these suggestions into consideration when developing new products.

3. Will there be any new additions to your stainless steel cookware line?

We are constantly expanding and improving our stainless steel cookware line. We understand that our customers love this collection and we are always looking for ways to make it even better. Keep an eye out for new and improved stainless steel pieces in the near future!

4. Do you offer any open stock stainless steel pieces?

We currently offer a variety of open stock stainless steel pieces, including skillets, saucepans, and stockpots. You can find these on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant. We are always adding new open stock pieces to our collection, so be sure to check back often!

5. Can we expect any new logo wear or merchandise?

We understand that our customers love to show off their Pampered Chef pride with logo wear and merchandise. That's why we are constantly updating and expanding our selection of logo wear and other merchandise. Keep an eye out for new and improved options, including better quality materials and designs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • lindy0116
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U