• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Speculated New Products for Spring/Summer '08 from Pampered Chef?

In summary, the conversation revolves around speculating the new spring products for Pampered Chef. Some suggestions include an avocado slicer, double ended spreader, holder for forged cutlery, simple additions plates and square bowls with dots, rectangle stone with handles, steamer insert for cookware, garlic keeper, knife block, tea kettle and teapot, cherry pitter, and appetizer plates in different designs. Some participants also mention wanting a mini santoku and tomato knife, while others mention wanting a tea kettle and teapot set with the option to sell coffee and tea. The group also discusses the possibility of a new roasting pan and appetizer plates in different designs. There is also some mention of a non-disclosure statement for a
Leigh0725
I know we did this for the new Fall Products, but I thought maybe we could start a thread to speculate what some of the new spring products are. They must be good if the November Sell-a-Thon levels are so high. I'm just curious to see what y'all are thinking? Before you know it, January will be here, which means the annoucement of the new products!!!

I've had many guest wanting to purchase saucepans (whether executive or SS) separately. They're not happy about them only being available in the sets.

I'm really hoping for:

* an avocado slicer
* double ended spreader (ie: can spread peanut butter with one end and jelly with another or mustard and ketchup - only dirty one utensil rather than two)
* holder of some sort for the forged cultery
* Simple additions plates/square bowls with the dots (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dots)
* rectangle stone with handles!

I know there is more, but my mind has been a little frazzled with some work stuff.

I would love to see plain white SA round bowls, I like the dots but would like plain round ones too!!

Steamer insert for cookware

Garlic keeper

I would love the rectangle stone with handles, although I think they usually only bring out a new stone in the fall.

I can't really think of anything else that I want! I'm sure that there is more though.....

My wishes for the Spring are the same things I wanted for the Fall:

Forged Cutlery Mini Santoku, and Tomato knife!

I think there are a couple other things....but those were the 2 I was really hoping for!

I would love to see a knife block, My husband and i was just talking about it last night and hoping so cause he wants the knifes and want something to store them in and I agree with you all, the products have to be great from seeing the levels in the november sell athon.

this is a fun thread! thanks for starting ! i would love to see the mini knives too!! i dont know what else.. lol.. i love hearing your ideas though!

cherry pitter (not because I use it all the time, but because it's one of those products that customers seem to want when it's not in the catalog)
SA teapot
SS teakettle
SA appetizer plates available separatelyI have a couple ideas based on what was included in a new product development survey I took a couple months ago, but there was a non-disclosure statement at the beginning of the survey.

When they announced the forged cutlery last year, didn't they say at NC that a block would dull the knives? If I'm remembering that correctly, I'd be surprised if they offered a block for the knives.Not sure what I'd like to see them offer yet. Will have to give it some more thought.

Ann stole my ideas. :(I've wanted PC to make a Tea Kettle and a Teapot available for a long time. I'd also like to see them make coffee and tea available again. The Scoop Clip just makes more sense if I can sell it with coffee and/or tea.

A definite I think will be an Executive or SS Roasting Pan since our present one is Professional and will be discontinued.

chefann said:
cherry pitter (not because I use it all the time, but because it's one of those products that customers seem to want when it's not in the catalog)
SA teapot
SS teakettle
SA appetizer plates available separately

I have a couple ideas based on what was included in a new product development survey I took a couple months ago, but there was a non-disclosure statement at the beginning of the survey.

Ann, I had a gal who said she would by the appetizer plate & caddy if they offered canberry plates instead of white ones. She didn't want the white ones at all and didn't like how she had to buy 3 sets of the canberry.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started making other designs (like the tiles or dots) that could fit in the caddy.

Debala715 said:
When they announced the forged cutlery last year, didn't they say at NC that a block would dull the knives? If I'm remembering that correctly, I'd be surprised if they offered a block for the knives.

Not sure what I'd like to see them offer yet. Will have to give it some more thought.

It wouldn't have to be a block (per say), something to keep them in. Kind of like how they created a tool turn about for our utensils. Just thinking out loud.

I would love Dots Appetizer Plates! Mine stays on my counter in the kitchen for snacks and after I use it for the holidays, Im gonna be ready for something fun!

raebates said:
Ann stole my ideas. :(

I've wanted PC to make a Tea Kettle and a Teapot available for a long time. I'd also like to see them make coffee and tea available again. The Scoop Clip just makes more sense if I can sell it with coffee and/or tea.

You stole mine - I always say a stainless tea kettle...

...and a case for the knives...even a nice carry case would be neat. My DH was going to let me try the carrying case for his knife set and see if it fits the forged cutlery, but it would be nice to have one made for it...

I have had several requests for some sort of holder as well for the cutlery. Maybe something that holds them with their sleeves on?
I hope they off the stoneware stand again too.

J. Corley - yeah, that stoneware stand has been great. I happened to get two from the outlet. Sometimes I wonder why they choose to discontinue certain products. There are some that we have that makes me think, why?

I've been asked for:

• A cruet set (for oil & vinegar)
  • Something to keep gravy warm (like a "Butter Bell")

I would like a serving spoon to use in the Trifle Bowl. I actually would like the hot pad tirvet to be bigger, too.

Cindycooks said:
A definite I think will be an Executive or SS Roasting Pan since our present one is Professional and will be discontinued.

I'm pretty sure they said that the RP would not be discountinued when the Professional line phases out but I could be wrong on that one!

I'd love to see a Grill Basket for veggies.
I'd also love a double burner grill pan but thinking that is more a fall item.
Definitely need a steamer insert.
Still want a Stainless Mini-Serving Spatula (for a nicer look than the black handled one)
Would really like to see a wine stopper and some barware accessories.

Wonder what the new colors will be!

Cindycooks said:
I would love Dots Appetizer Plates! Mine stays on my counter in the kitchen for snacks and after I use it for the holidays, Im gonna be ready for something fun!
WOW! Great idea. I would LOVE this, as the dots have been my favorite so far. Or dots smaller round plates that could be salad plates. I've just started using the dots round plates as my regular dinner plates. I would love salad plate-sized ones.

My other hopes:

A Woven Selections piece for the Oval Baker (I've been saying this for about 2 years now).

Restyled can opener in black (to match the others)

A Pineapple Corer

A Woven Selections utensil and napkin holder (with a handle....like what I have that's from Longaberger, it has little sections for spoons, forks, knives and napkins) How cool would this be to bring to a show?!

Hmmmm, that's all I can think of for now. I can't imagine there are any other Forged Cutlery they can add. Good point to whoever brought up an Executive Roasting Pan....but I wonder if they'd wait until fall.:confused:

Leigh0725 said:
J. Corley - yeah, that stoneware stand has been great. I happened to get two from the outlet. Sometimes I wonder why they choose to discontinue certain products. There are some that we have that makes me think, why?

They only discontinue items based on sales, if it's a limited time only item like certain color scrapers, linens, towels, etc., or if they cannot get the manufacturer to meet PC's standards (like the original woven selections and chillzanne to go).

pamperedbecky said:
A Woven Selections utensil and napkin holder (with a handle....like what I have that's from Longaberger, it has little sections for spoons, forks, knives and napkins) How cool would this be to bring to a show?!

LOVE that idea!

Oh, the pineapple corer would be nice!

So many GREAT ideas. I was also thinking of a tea strainer or something to use for loose leaf tea.

the roaster will not be discontinued. I talked with someone by phone at the test kitchen earlier this fall. HE said it isn't considered professional; or exec. it has features of both he said it is their favorite piece of cookware at HO and is not leaving the line.

I agree about needed a pineapple corer and serving spoon for the Trifle! Those were some of the things I was hoping for last catty.

I would like to see a lid for the SA too.
How about a pot rack? I know it's not really a sping/summer thing though. I'd love to have the option to hang my pots and pans.

Oh I would love a pineapple corer! And someone at work today said she would love something that held the lid to the skillets when she takes it off to stir.

I would really like
a restyled salt and pepper mill
a woven Selections utensil caddy
bring back the stainless serving spoon and fork
Can opener in black is would be great
Dripless batter bowls

I'll keep thinking

buzz26 said:
Oh I would love a pineapple corer! And someone at work today said she would love something that held the lid to the skillets when she takes it off to stir.

Oh, I like the idea of something to hold the lids.

These are really cool ideas!!

I want DISH CLOTH size microfiber towels!! I have about 5 sets of the lilac/artichoke ones from our guest special last spring and that's all I use in my kitchen!

Lids for SA

Knife block of some sort that will not dull our forged knives

Just had someone asking about something to keep gravy warm (Like suggested above)

I really like the idea of a black can opener...mine is starting to "yellow" in spots from age and looks yucky. (No....there's no smokers in my house....it's just the plastic changing colors!)

A "clip" of some sort to hold your bamboo spoon at the side/over the pan so it doesn't fall in, but to keep drips going back INTO the pot!

Can't think of anything else right now...many good ideas shared so far, though!

I said Black Can Opener for this past fall/winter - maybe this time it will happen! I love to see a woven caddy too for utensils - something for outdoor entertaining would be cute - maybe to go along with the outdoor party plates and utensils in keeping with the summer theme!

YES! A new S&P Mill... maybe brushed stainless to match the other stainless things we have...

I'd love something like the kapoosh to store our knives in! (Bed Bath & Beyond Product.

KellyTheChef said:
These are really cool ideas!!

I want DISH CLOTH size microfiber towels!! I have about 5 sets of the lilac/artichoke ones from our guest special last spring and that's all I use in my kitchen!

Microfiber DISH CLOTHES! That's the other thing I really wanted! I only have one set, and I love them...but I'm almost afraid to use them!

I may be in the minority here but I would love to have them raise the prices .50 to a $1 of each product and that would include shipping.. So no more seeing $4 on the order form and those of us who have to tax shipping getting the gripes and complaints from people.

I would also like to have a another size colander in the colander set. Most of the time the little one is too little and the big one too big, so one in between would be great.
I would like to also see a microwave cookbook for all of our recipes that we throw out there about the microcookers, rice cookers and stoneware.

Debala715 said:
When they announced the forged cutlery last year, didn't they say at NC that a block would dull the knives? If I'm remembering that correctly, I'd be surprised if they offered a block for the knives.

Not sure what I'd like to see them offer yet. Will have to give it some more thought.

Could they not make a specialty one where the knife cases fit in the knife block and that's what you put your knife into and it would never touch the wood?!?

crissy11 said:
I may be in the minority here but I would love to have them raise the prices .50 to a $1 of each product and that would include shipping.. So no more seeing $4 on the order form and those of us who have to tax shipping getting the gripes and complaints from people.

I would also like to have a another size colander in the colander set. Most of the time the little one is too little and the big one too big, so one in between would be great.
I would like to also see a microwave cookbook for all of our recipes that we throw out there about the microcookers, rice cookers and stoneware.

Great idea! I would love to see the shipping costs included, although I don't get many complaints, but it would be a lot easier.

I think they need to make a tool to make French Fries and something to help with peeling onions because my husband cries like a baby everytime :cry: I make him do the onion thing. Just two ideas but I love earning items for free so I am trying to get my Nov. booked know!! I have a show the end of oct. but I am going to plan on closing it in nov. so I will have a better chance on earning more things.

MelB said:
I think they need to make a tool to make French Fries and something to help with peeling onions because my husband cries like a baby everytime :cry: I make him do the onion thing. Just two ideas but I love earning items for free so I am trying to get my Nov. booked know!! I have a show the end of oct. but I am going to plan on closing it in nov. so I will have a better chance on earning more things.
An October show submitted in November doesn't count towards Sell-a-thon. Only November shows count for SAT.

crystalscookingnow said:
An October show submitted in November doesn't count towards Sell-a-thon. Only November shows count for SAT.

Although if your host is interested in the November special, you could date it November.

PChefPEI said:
Although if your host is interested in the November special, you could date it November.

And you would have to make sure that nobody had ordered the October guest specials if you dated it November.

That's also against policy, if it was held in October.

I want the Cake Tester back!

How about some summer consumables?
Fruit dip mix
Tea (for iced tea)Pot rack
spice rack (brushed stainless to match the SA stands, sized to fit our seasonings)
Cream whipper/dispenser (with the CO2 cartridges) - could match carafe
butter bell/French butter holder (I ask for this every year)

chefann said:
Fruit dip mix
Tea (for iced tea)

Pot rack
spice rack (brushed stainless to match the SA stands, sized to fit our seasonings)

I LOVE :love: :love: :love: the idea of both of these.

People really get into great mixes. I sell a ton of the guacamole mix, and the sprinkles have been HUGE for me.

I think a SS spice rack would be beautiful - and if it was convertible - where it could sit on a counter, or be hung on a wall, that would make it even better.

chefann said:
Fruit dip mix
Tea (for iced tea)

Pot rack

Ann, the spice rack idea is GREAT! That would be awesome! I do like the fruit dip idea too! I try to submit new ideas to HO, as I know their R&D department gets a lot of their ideas from us. Definitely encourage everyone to submit these great ideas! :)

On another note, another great reason to be with Pampered Chef! So many new and improved products....and for FREE!

I'd also love to see a lid for the roaster.

I love the idea of the spice rack!!!

I know it's been said, but I would also really like to see a knife block of some sort. I would really like to see a tomato knife (like the color coated) in the FC collection - I use that knife all the time. It would be nice if they would expand the Woven Selections collection too. Oh, and while I'm at it, it would be great if they would bring back the stoneware rack - my two are full!

J.Corley said:
I have had several requests for some sort of holder as well for the cutlery. Maybe something that holds them with their sleeves on?
I hope they off the stoneware stand again too.
A customer suggested a box of some sort like the one for the steak knives and carving set...she really doesn't want them loose in drawer even with the cover b/c of little ones.

I really want a new pepper grinder...I love fresh pepper but hate ours!

What about a recipe box/woven selection basket??? I would love a place to store recipes and the PIG cards.

PCSarahjm said:
What about a recipe box/woven selection basket??? I would love a place to store recipes and the PIG cards.

Ooooh - fabulous idea! I've also heard rumors that there used to be a storage case for the Season's Best and I would LOVE to have one of those.

Originally posted by Finley1991:
I'd love something like the kapoosh to store our knives in!

Since the kapoosh is actually plastic touching the blades (not wood) is this an acceptable way to store the knives?

I have one (kapoosh) and use it to store my other knives and LOVE IT. I have not used it to store my PC forged cutlery yet.

<H2>1. What are some speculated new products for Spring/Summer '08 from Pampered Chef?</H2><p>Some of the speculated new products for Spring/Summer '08 from Pampered Chef include an avocado slicer, a double ended spreader, a holder for forged cutlery, Simple Additions plates and square bowls with dots, and a rectangle stone with handles.</p><H2>2. Why are the November Sell-a-Thon levels so high?</H2><p>The November Sell-a-Thon levels are high because of the anticipation and excitement for the new Spring/Summer '08 products, which will be announced in January.</p><H2>3. Are there any requested products that Pampered Chef does not currently offer?</H2><p>Yes, some guests have expressed interest in purchasing saucepans individually, rather than only being available in sets. They are hoping for the option to purchase them separately in the future.</p><H2>4. What is one potential new product that customers are really hoping for?</H2><p>Many customers are hoping for a rectangle stone with handles, which would make it easier to transport and handle while cooking and serving.</p><H2>5. Are there any new designs or patterns that customers are excited about?</H2><p>Customers are loving the Simple Additions plates and square bowls with dots. The playful and modern design has been a hit with many Pampered Chef fans.</p>

1. What are some speculated new products for Spring/Summer '08 from Pampered Chef?

Some of the speculated new products for Spring/Summer '08 from Pampered Chef include an avocado slicer, a double ended spreader, a holder for forged cutlery, Simple Additions plates and square bowls with dots, and a rectangle stone with handles.

2. Why are the November Sell-a-Thon levels so high?

The November Sell-a-Thon levels are high because of the anticipation and excitement for the new Spring/Summer '08 products, which will be announced in January.

3. Are there any requested products that Pampered Chef does not currently offer?

Yes, some guests have expressed interest in purchasing saucepans individually, rather than only being available in sets. They are hoping for the option to purchase them separately in the future.

4. What is one potential new product that customers are really hoping for?

Many customers are hoping for a rectangle stone with handles, which would make it easier to transport and handle while cooking and serving.

5. Are there any new designs or patterns that customers are excited about?

Customers are loving the Simple Additions plates and square bowls with dots. The playful and modern design has been a hit with many Pampered Chef fans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
PamperedDor