• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Happened to the Recipes That Used to Come With Pampered Chef Products?

In summary, The Trifle Bowl does not come with a recipe, while most of the other tools do. Customers are disappointed because they used to be able to find recipes with their products. Home Office is aware of the concern and is working to re-introduce recipes into products.
ChefNic
What has happened to the recipes that used to come with the products?
It used to be that every product would come with AT LEAST one recipe...but usually 3-4...and some more expensive products would come with more!!

Some of these new products don't even have ONE recipe!
The Trifle Bowl comes with Cappuccino Mousse Trifle...LOVE THAT RECIPE!!
But the others don't come with even one!
What's up with that!??

I would always say..."...and all your products come with recipes ...so don't throw out that paper...read the Use and Care, and try that recipe!" ...to encourage them to read about how to take care of their products, etc...

I guess they are cutting back, and something has to go...definitely not the quality of the product...so I shouldn't complain!

I was just looking at the use and care cards and I thought the same thing - Where are the recipes??? Oh well.

Write to HO and suggest that they bring them back.
I agree that the recipes are a nice selling point. Anyone can go to Target and buy a tool. But having a recipe that uses it is a plus! :)

I don't have my new products yet :( , but I noticed a while back that we weren't getting as many recipes. Now most of my info cards have one recipe in two or three languages. Doesn't bother me. I think it's a smart marketing and customer service move.

However, if you're telling me that many of the cooking tools don't have any recipes, I'm going to be VERY disappointed.

raebates said:
I don't have my new products yet :( , but I noticed a while back that we weren't getting as many recipes. Now most of my info cards have one recipe in two or three languages. Doesn't bother me. I think it's a smart marketing and customer service move.

However, if you're telling me that many of the cooking tools don't have any recipes, I'm going to be VERY disappointed.

I agree. I was disappointed when they switched to one recipe in 3 languages (sometimes the Spanish recipe was different). But I can understand why the change was made - it saves printing costs. No recipes is a completely different matter, however. Customers order tools at a show, where they've just seen a great use. But between the show and receiving the products, they'll forget it or want another one. And the recipes gave them a way to use the tools.

Now I want my spring stuff so I can see how many are recipe-less.

I was soooo disappointed w/ no recipes! I think, out of all my level 2 and trifle bowl, there were maybe 3 recipes...and the one w/ the Trifle Bowl is already in a cookbook! Before I became a consultant (and after too!) the Use & Care recipes were something I really looked forward to - I still have ones from the early 90's in my recipe file box!

can everyone please call HO and ask them to change this or atleast address why this change was made....We are their sale force and should be informed of these cutbacks....for those who don't earn new products they might still tell people about the use and care recipes and end up losing customers over it when the customer receives a product and doesn't find a FREE recipe they will assume the consultant lied purposefully to them!

sillylittlechef said:
can everyone please call HO and ask them to change this or atleast address why this change was made....We are their sale force and should be informed of these cutbacks....for those who don't earn new products they might still tell people about the use and care recipes and end up losing customers over it when the customer receives a product and doesn't find a FREE recipe they will assume the consultant lied purposefully to them!
Dusty, that's an excellent point! We all know that HO does listen to us. Let's make our voices heard!

I was upset about no recipes too. I am going to email HO.

This is the response I got from Home Office today:

"Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. The new Use & Care Instructions will be printed in 3 languages. In order to keep the
cards to a manageable size, the recipe may be eliminated from some products' cards. Please remind your hosts and customers that
recipes are available on our website. Go to "Products, Etc." > "Products" and choose the category and product that you have. Once
there, you can click on the icon that says "recipes" for recipes using that product."

I do not like this! I do not think b/c they are printed in different languages we should loose the recipe. I am sorry, but I am of the opinion if you are living in the USA English SHOULD BECOME YOUR LANGUAGE!!!

I love the recipes and I love that we used to have the binder to put them in. Mine is full to overflowing!!!!

This is the measley response I got!!

"Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Please advise which product you are referring to. If there is recipes available they are included with the use & care."

So I wrote back:

I see the trifle bowl has a recipe...
"If there are recipes available .." This doesn't make sense! ALL our products have recipes available.
My point is... including a recipe is good customer service. There is a plus to purchasing a product, and having a recipe to begin using the product right away, and get ideas of what to do with it.

I would like more of a reason why there are NO recipes with some of the new product's Use and Care. Thank you.

They responded:
I apologize for any inconvenience. I have verified the information. In an attempt to make our Use and Care trilingual ( English, Spanish and French) some changes were made. Many new products will not have a recipe card, but will include some helpful hints and tips pertaining to the product.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your customers.

At least we let them know.

Last edited:
I too noticed that some of the PC&U cards didn't include recipes. I really liked trying the recipes, and some of them were not included in any of the cookbooks.

One problem, I found that all my PC&U cards were just floating around my kitchen in several drawers and I could never find one that I'd be looking for.

What I did was get and index card box (4x6) with A-Z dividers. It took me a while to find all my cards but now they are semi-alphabetized in the little box. (I only put them in the correct place - I didn't alphabeticize each letter!)

It's a small enough box that, if I need to, I can take it to shows.

Thanks, Linda

jrstephens said:
I do not like this! I do not think b/c they are printed in different languages we should loose the recipe. I am sorry, but I am of the opinion if you are living in the USA English SHOULD BECOME YOUR LANGUAGE!!!
Don't forget that Canada is a bi-lingual country. So the French listing required if the company isn't going to print up different U&C cards for the US market and the Canadian market.Welcome to the world of being owned by a business conglomerate and not a woman and her husband from middle America!

Another thing too is that all all recipes for the specific product are available on the PC website. I have looked many times to find new recipes to demo at shows and the title would be there but very few actually let you see the directions. A lot of times it would say it is in a cookbook and you would need to order that if you want the recipe.

Did anyone notice that the dots towels did not come with a use & care card. The microfiber towel did but I didn't get one with the dots towel set. I think that the ONLY way to work the no recipe on the use and care card to our advantage is it gives an excuse to stay in contact with a client. When you make the out-of-the box call let them know you have a great recipe for (product) that you just sent them in an email. I do this with most everyone and it goes over well. My business is growing by word of mouth. YEAH!!! Also do what Belinda E. says about organizing customers by categories (Stoneware, cookware, SA, tools) and send out the featured recipe to those that bought the main product used. I like doing this for my customers because I've found that customer loyalty is not good in this bussiness. Most of my customers and host have had shows with other consultants (one even had a bridal shower & registered previously with another lady), but they don't communicate with them anymore. My $1400 show had a previous show of that much, but she lost contact with that consultant (she's not even sure if that lady still sells PC). Who looses contact with a go-getter hostess? How does that happen?

Last edited:
I think you are supposed to be able to view all the use and care recipes, but not sure. I have looked before, but don't feel a customer should have to look up a recipe in order to use their tool properly.
Has anyone tried to use the email this recipe link before? I have tried and my customer said she never received it.

I agree with using this as an extra incentive for us to make out of the box calls. I have not had the best of luck forcing myself to do them, now maybe I will....Thanks for the idea!
I'm just not sure I have the time to look up recipes for each product after each show....

I think we should stay in contact with our customers and it does make for great business. I got a booking and a fundraiser recently from those out of the box calls!

BUT I think no recipes in the cards just takes away from the uniqueness that makes PC such a great business to begin with! People love those extra touches!

1. How do I properly season my stoneware?

To season your stoneware, start by washing it with hot water and a small amount of mild dish soap. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Then, rub a thin layer of vegetable oil over the entire surface of the stoneware, including the bottom. Place the stoneware in a cool oven and set the temperature to 400°F. Bake for one hour and let the stoneware cool completely before using.

2. Can I use my stoneware in the microwave?

No, stoneware is not safe for use in the microwave. The high heat generated in the microwave can cause the stoneware to crack or break. It is recommended to use stoneware in the oven or on the stovetop only.

3. How do I clean my non-stick pan?

To clean your non-stick pan, it is best to hand wash it with hot water and a mild dish soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the non-stick coating. If there are stubborn food particles stuck on the pan, let it soak in hot water for a few minutes before washing. Do not use metal utensils on the non-stick surface.

4. Can I put my glassware in the dishwasher?

Yes, most of our glassware is dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the care instructions on the specific product. Avoid extreme temperature changes, such as placing a hot glass dish in a cold dishwasher, as it can cause the glass to break. Also, make sure to load the dishes carefully to prevent them from knocking into each other.

5. How do I use the garlic press?

To use the garlic press, simply peel the garlic clove and place it in the chamber of the press. Squeeze the handles together to press the garlic through the small holes, and the minced garlic will come out of the other end. Make sure to clean the press thoroughly after each use to prevent garlic residue from building up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sprinklesteen