• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What New Products Are You Most/Least Excited About?

new...products! I'm THRILLED with the cranberry/white combo - and the new appetizer plates! I'm also excited about the Sprinkles! What I'm LEAST excited about are the Gravy Separator and the Carving Set.....I know - some people are just THRILLED about these - but for the one-two times a year I need a carving set, my other PC set works just fine (and for a third of the price).......and I have a small gravy separator that also works great for the one-two times a year I need it.I'm SO HOPING that the Host Bonus for November is SA
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
The new products I am most excited about are the new SA pieces! I am thrilled with the cranberry/white combo - and the new appetizer plates!
Oh - and the new 29 Minutes Cookbook.....and the Sprinkles!I like having the SS cookware as an option -but can't say that I am hyper-excited about it. I can't think of anyone that I know of who has not purchased cookware because they wanted SS - hopefully, now those people will come out of the woodwork!What I am least excited about.....The Gravy Separator and the Carving Set.....I know - some people are just THRILLED about these - but for the one-two times a year I need a carving set, my other PC set works just fine (and for a third of the price).......and I have a small gravy separator that also works great for the one-two times a year I need it. I am sooooo hoping that the Host Bonus for November is SA!
If its the Carving Set and the Roasting Pan again I will be extremely disappointed! Before, when those were the choices, I couldn't even get people to take them at 60% off........

Last edited:
I think the Appetizer plates will be a hot, hot item for the holidays.

And I think the Finger Guard will be this season's Mix n Chop. ;)

I'm very excited that we have a new pantry item that is so good and so easy to use. All together now, "Repeat sales!"

Least excited... hmm... Gravy separator and forged carving set for the points you mentioned above (although I think people who have to have everything match will like the carving set).

I sold a ton of the roasting pans last November! Actually, the roasting pan is the reason I hosted a show - and started selling PC!

I think that the new pantry items will be HOT - wish they cost more! Also, I think the SA stuff and the new linens are awesome - as well as the changes to the bamboo pieces.

Hmmm... most and least?

Not totally thrilled with the newly designed handles (mostly for selfish reasons since I already have 2-3 sets of all of the old styles which are suddenly obsolete and I can no longer take to shows. Yes, I can use in my kitchen, but I already had 1-2 sets just for my kitchen).

And while I think the new bamboo tongs are really cool, I am VERY disappointed that they are getting rid of the old tongs -- replacing a $2 item with a $6.50 (as I recall) isn't such a great idea IMO. Plus I've had quite a few (just among my few close friends that I've let see the new mini-catalog) friends that have mentioned how much they like the fact that they can grab the old tongs with one hand and use them (rather than having to flip them over). I would really likes less redesign and more just new (of the 60ish products, 1/2 are redesigns and more if you consider the SS cookware a redesign).

I also probably won't use the knife guard -- but will see a customer on Saturday as a guest at a show that I will definitely mention it to -- she has been to' two other shows and all the other guests tease her about her cutting "cutting skills".

I'm thrilled to see a new cookbook and the sprinkles are great (although not the "unique item in the marketplace" that they said at conference -- I thought I'd seen a similar product in my local grocery store and verified it the day before yesterday..

The new SA's are great (the oval platter is very pretty).

I am MOST excited about the Host special for September -- I think! I've had 3 different guests really push their show totals to make sure they had a 1/2 price item so they could get the cookware host special -- I'm hoping that this will really fill my September Calender with other hosts who want cookware at an even bigger discount.

I sold a ton of the roasting pans last November! Actually, the roasting pan is the reason I hosted a show - and started selling PC!

I think that the new pantry items will be HOT - wish they cost more! Also, I think the SA stuff and the new linens are awesome - as well as the changes to the bamboo pieces.

The "29 Minute" Cookbook, Round Stone with Handles, Oval Platter with Cranberry Accent (big and deep enough for a turkey or a huge salad). I think the Stone will be the "Mix and Chop." And, all the new things we can cross-sell for Holiday Gatherings: Gravy Separator, Skimmer, Carving Set.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I LOVE all the cranberry right down to the towels - goes with my whole decor. BUT I am very happy that the dots has been expanded as I've had alot of customers starting to collect those pieces. I am so getting the appetizer plates & caddy set!! Oh, and I cannot wait to get the boning knife. And the 29 minutes cookbook.

Like someone else mentioned, not crazy about all the tools handles being redesigned as I will need to get new ones now too! The gravy seperator would be like the herb keeper to me - never used.

Love the appetizer plates and new cookbook. Also like the coating trays. I think people will dig those a lot and the price is reasonable when you consider the tool included as well. I think the pizza stone with handles will really be a sharp seller though.

I just am not into that Finger Guard at all. People were knocking it so much in our session, but I'm anxious to try it for myself...

Not so sold on the Gravy Seperator either. Nor the new pizza cutter to be honest.

Love the Cranberry and White SA, new pantry items, stone w/handles, 12 dessert plates w/caddy, cookware, new forged knives. Not sold on the finger guard (I think $7 is a bit steep). I also would like to see the current bamboo tongs stay. My grandchildren use them a lot to pull toast/bagels out of toaster. Not sure how they will do with the new design. I asked HO at Conference if they were kid tested and they said "no".

I am soooo excited about the new cookware!! I am obsessed with my Executive line but have had many people say "oh no ss cookware, thats the only kind I use" Many who are friends and I already have 4 shows booked for Sept. because of this (I have been holding 1-2 shows a month previously)! I also want all the new sa pieces they look beautiful.

My husband is anxiously waiting for me to order the new knives, he's the carver in the family (man's job in my opinion:) ) And to the person above who mentioned only using it 2-3 times a year, all families but be different we use our carving knife 4-5 times a month or more! That's whats great about PC there's always something for every type of cook

Jennifer

pkd09 said:
Love the Cranberry and White SA, new pantry items, stone w/handles, 12 dessert plates w/caddy, cookware, new forged knives. Not sold on the finger guard (I think $7 is a bit steep). I also would like to see the current bamboo tongs stay. My grandchildren use them a lot to pull toast/bagels out of toaster. Not sure how they will do with the new design. I asked HO at Conference if they were kid tested and they said "no".

My 3 yr old loves to play with the large bamboo salad tongs - he figured them out faster than my DH!
But I do agree - I have so many people who LOVE the $2 bamboo tongs - and really, I think they are a totally different product from the new small bamboo tongs. I had one host who loves them so much, she ordered them as a gift for every guest for a PC Bridal Shower she hosted. (20 of them!)

ChefBeckyD said:
My 3 yr old loves to play with the large bamboo salad tongs - he figured them out faster than my DH!
But I do agree - I have so many people who LOVE the $2 bamboo tongs - and really, I think they are a totally different product from the new small bamboo tongs. I had one host who loves them so much, she ordered them as a gift for every guest for a PC Bridal Shower she hosted. (20 of them!)

I agree that they are a totally different product. I was quite disappointed when I saw the other ones gone. Especially since they more than tripled the price! How are you supposed to use the new ones to get food out of toasters? The new ones look nice for serving, but all of our products aren't used for serving purposes. Plus my 2-year-old daughter loves the old ones--calls them her chopsticks!

Love the new cookbook. I can't wait to cook out of it!

Most favorite? I have 2. The new 29 minutes cookbook and all the cranberry! WOO HOO! I especially love the appetizer plates/caddy! - okay that's 3!

Least favorite? I have to agree with all the redesigned handles for the same reasons mentioned above plus they don't fit as well in the TTA - but at least their price stayed the same!

Edit: I love the new small tongs but I wish they would have left the old ones in there too.

I'm not worrying about taking the "new handles" to a show. If someone asks, it's a small enough upgrade to the tool that I can just tell them, "The handles were recently redesigned to be more ergonomically correct. They're an improvement over this style, but the same price."

chefann said:
I'm not worrying about taking the "new handles" to a show. If someone asks, it's a small enough upgrade to the tool that I can just tell them, "The handles were recently redesigned to be more ergonomically correct. They're an improvement over this style, but the same price."
Good point. I will take at least one with the new handle and say that all of these tools have the new handle. I often point out updated products with an aside that if you have the old version it is still a great tool.

...Actually, my son just bought his first house so I will probably give him my kit restyled tools and use the new ones at shows - continuing to use the old style in my own kitchen. If I weren't a director (and getting them all free) I would do the above though.

Super excited about the SS cookware, I am the one that must have all the SS fans, no one wanted nonstick. I tried and everyone alwasy said, "if it wasn't nonstick" Blah, well now...
Don't like the new handels either
New pizza stone, undecided and I really don't need anouther one I already have 3!! Yikes.

I love the appetizer set and the new 29 min cookbook ~ there's a lot I like!

Did you see the roasting pan/gravy separater/Turkey Basics recipe card collection is a Host Combination item now? Love it!!!!

Ginny

I think the SS cookware is going to be a lot hotter than you think. The finger guard is kinda ho-hum. The 29 minute recipe book will be hot and I think you're all selling the gravy separator short. When I saw that, my reaction to it was the same as when I saw the forged cutlery a year ago - "ABOUT TIME!!!"Pizza stone? What in the hell is a pizza stone? You sound like a typical customer. ;) The handles should have gone on the large round stone years ago. Ann is right - the appetizer SA pieces are going to be hot for the holidays.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ann is right - the appetizer SA pieces are going to be hot for the holidays.
Look! I have it in writing now!

Rats. She quoted it before I could pull it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I ;) The handles should have gone on the large round stone years ago.

Ann is right - the appetizer SA pieces are going to be hot for the holidays.

I agree about the handles! My thought was "What took them so long?"

And KG - shouldn't you know by now, Ann is ALWAYS right!:D

While I like the handles for transporting the stone, I don't like them for storage. I, and a lot of my customers, keep stones in their boxes, upright between the fridge and the cupboard. The LRSw/H will be thicker, and therefore more of a pain, to store.

And thanks for sticking up for me, Becky.

(I think we really are long-lost sisters. Plus, my twin's name is Becky, too!)

chefann said:
While I like the handles for transporting the stone, I don't like them for storage. I, and a lot of my customers, keep stones in their boxes, upright between the fridge and the cupboard. The LRSw/H will be thicker, and therefore more of a pain, to store.
There's always got to someone who finds the cloud around the silver lining.

That's me!

I didn't mean for it to sound negative. I'm just glad the old-style LRS is still in the product line.

OK, I agree w/ KG. I think the stone w/ handles should have came out forever ago too! Those stone racks are more of a pain to store, IMO.
I love the seasonings, and nice to see them come out right before baking season.
I am most excited about the dots plates & bowls!
I am totally re-doing my kitchen now!
I am really excited about alot of the new stuff.
Least excited would be the spreaders, just because we already have it in white.
Leary about the skimmer, will it really work?
I own wolfgang sucks cookware, and i HATE IT! So I am glad I earned the one piece, because I want to see for myself.
That's about it.

Chozengirl said:
I own wolfgang sucks cookware, and i HATE IT! So I am glad I earned the one piece, because I want to see for myself.
That's about it.
Do you know my DH, because he has a smart-a$s nickname for just about everything: Taco Smell, Home Despot, Home duh-Pot (he says he's pronouncing it in English), Arb-why's, K-fart, Tar-zhay (which he's obviously pronouncing in French), Sneers, etc.

was that a question Ann?
If so, WHY?

chefann said:
Do you know my DH, because he has a smart-a$s nickname for just about everything: Taco Smell, Home Despot, Home duh-Pot (he says he's pronouncing it in English), Arb-why's, K-fart, Tar-zhay (which he's obviously pronouncing in French), Sneers, etc.
A few of my own favorites...

Taco Belch
Home Cheapo
Tar-zhay
Chez Wenday's
Renaldo's (Think "clown" and "arches")
Jock (Zhock) Pennay
Pizza Slut
Farm and Barn (interchangeable for Farm & Fleet or Fleet Farm and now, Tractor Supply since they're finally getting into Wisconsin)
Wally World
Kentucky Fried Cholesterol
Sears and Sawbuck
May-nard's
Famous Feet
Gherkin's cake & steak

I just thought it was funny that you had a nickname for your Puck cookware. That's all.

I am SUPER stoked about the SS cookware. I have been putting that on the big "suggestions" poster at conference every year (the last 3 years I went) because whenever I talk about our cookware, invariably someone in the crowd starts some big discussion on "the dangers of teflon" and starts taking away my sales of cookware!! NOW, I can offer those nay-sayers the option of SS cookware. I'm also going to be selling some of the open stock pieces to people who have purchased the Exex. or Prof. sets, since you really do need both to cook all types of meals properly.

I am also totally in love with all of the cranberry stuff. I think it makes a beautiful presentation for our shows and we can do a lot with it to make it look super fancy and make people say "WOW" and want it all (and book more shows, sign up to be consultants, etc.!). It's also nice that it's the color of everything in my kitchen!! ;)

I'm thrilled about the finger guard, since I could never do that "claw" thing with my left hand properly, and I'm constantly chopping off my fingernails!!!

I think the gravy separator is going to be HUGE around me - anytime we have anything that goes along with turkey around here, people go nuts!! ;-) I'll have to call all of my past guests/hosts who purchased the roasting pan, meat lifters, carving board, baster, etc.!!

I am a little bummed that I have to replace all of my utensils that are getting upgraded handles, but I have to admit, I do like the new handles better.

I love the new bamboo items, and I think they're going to be great sellers, but I always did well with the old bamboo pieces, so I'm not really sure why they enhanced them, other than the fact that they look "fancier" now?? I don't think any of my customers will miss any of the "old" bamboo except for the tongs, so I'm going to order some on supply just in case!!

I love the splatter guard (NEED it badly!) and the skimmer, but the one thing I don't see myself using at all is the coating trays & tool. I don't bread anything anymore, but that's just me. I'm sure there are plenty of people around who still do.

The appetizer plates & caddy set are AWESOME!! I want 2 of them!! :D And, I'm going to have to get 3 sets of the cranberry plates, too, just b/c I love that color! ;) The petite squares in cranberry are awesome - I love SA anyway, so these are just icing on the cake for me. I know I'll sell a bunch of it!!

I'm not quite "sold" on the new stoneware piece - not sure why you'd want built-in handles if you have the rack - but I guess some people will go for it. Maybe they're thinking of replacing the flat stones eventually?? (HOPE NOT!).

OK, I think that's most of it!! :D I usually love everything, so not really hating anything at all. I guess that's why I'm a PC addict, right??

I am questionable about the new stone with handles. Although it is a great idea I just see it as a target to get broken easier. I guess that could be good for customer contact but JMO. I wish I had known about the finger guard earlier as someone just asked me for one a few weeks ago. Never heard of one but, again IMO just another novel idea that just takes up space. You are supposed to be watching your fingers and knife while chopping. I do love the new cranberry (one of my favorite colors). Of course I didn't get to go to conference this year (but I can almost assure you that I will be next year) to see the products up close and personal. Therefore I will reserve my right to choose at a later time.

i think the round stone with handles maybe more inconvenient to store. Kristi

I'm thrilled about the finger guard, since I could never do that "claw" thing with my left hand properly, and I'm constantly chopping off my fingernails!!!
If your fingers are positioned correctly then your fingernails shouldn't be in line with the knife blade. (Boy I hope this doesn't come across as snide)

chefann said:
I just thought it was funny that you had a nickname for your Puck cookware. That's all.
*DUH* Gotcha
Very funny KG

yummy4tummy said:
If your fingers are positioned correctly then your fingernails shouldn't be in line with the knife blade. (Boy I hope this doesn't come across as snide)

No, not snide at all. I know how you're "supposed" to do it, but I just can't seem to make my left hand stay that way!! It always straightens out, and there go my nails!! ;)

I'm psyched about the carving set, a few people asked about them last year. I'm curious about the finger card as I have a few friends that like cathy, no matter how hard they try, they end up cutting their fingers so this will make a great gift for them.

LOVE the new app/dessert plates, cookbook (we're beating RRay by a minute!), the new bamboo, the cranberry SA...
gotta try out the SS cookware; I've never cooked with it before. I think it will be great to have both lines...

I am in love with our new sprinkles.

Think the finger guard is great for adults who are dangerous to themselves, but even more so for teaching children knife skills!

The new SA pieces are just beautiful! I want that caddy and extra cranberry plates for it!

I am excited about the SS cookware- to satisfy those who swear up and down that teflon is gonna kill us all....but also to add to my cookware collection. I think most people who cook quite a bit will like to have a combo of both in their kitchens!

The update on the bamboo makes them look more elegant, and the finish seems like it will make them last EVEN LONGER! Not that I was complaining about them to begin with- I think I have a spoon from about 8 years ago that goes through the DW every time and still looks great!

I WILL be getting that splatter screen! I love how it folds for easy use and easy storage!

Updated Pizza cutter is the bomb...other handles being restyled are OK too...just not necessary. I won't be replacing all of mine anytime soon!

Pastry Mat- I am so glad they changed this from our other one! Most of the time when I am rolling something out, it is in a RECTANGLE....and I like the "feel" of this new one. Seems like NOTHING will stick to it! Can't wait to make peanut brittle now!

All in all, I think we have an AWESOME new fall line!!

I love, love, LOVE all the new cranberry simple additions pieces, towels, etc. Wish the caddy set was a bit lower in price though. Can't wait to get the new 29 minute cookbook. I'm going to try the new sprinkles this weekend, I think those will be a hit.

I don't think I'll be ordering every single item that has a new handle. Just like somebody mentioned earlier, I'll just let my customers know that theirs will be improved. I agree with the difficulties of storing the new stone. My stoneware is all stored in a vertical cabinet.

I also love the cranberry SA...and I'm going way across the grain here - but I am not at all impressed (so far) with the SS cookware. I've used SS, and I don't like it...at all! Hopefully PC's will be better that the stuff I've tried before. I love my executive cookware, and honestly can't see myself ever switching to stainless. Most people I told about the SS were pretty excited, but not excited enough to book a show for September. Egads! Well, one said she would call me when she gets home from vacation...if not I'll be calling her! Anyway, the finger guard is cool...and does not take up too much room. All the stuff is pretty cool. (I just personally don't like SS cookware...I'm probably the only one!) Sometimes it pays to stand out from the crowd!! LOL!!!

KellyTheChef said:
The update on the bamboo makes them look more elegant, and the finish seems like it will make them last EVEN LONGER! Not that I was complaining about them to begin with- I think I have a spoon from about 8 years ago that goes through the DW every time and still looks great!

Just a little tid-bit I thought I'd share. I learned in the product room that there isn't a finish on the new bamboo. The pieces go through a heat process called carbonization (sp?) and that's what gives them the darker color and smooth finish. I wish they would have said that during the general session - I thought they were varnished or something:eek: !

I love the SS cookware... but don't want an entire collection of it... Wish we could purchase the pieces individually.
And I'm really bummed about the current bamboo tongs going away. I love the new little ones, but still love the current ones. I think I'm going to order a bunch to have on hand for door prizes, stocking stuffers, etc.
Also not really excited about the new LRS. Like others, I store mine standing up and won't have room for the handles.
But I do love the finger guard, gravy seperator and the app. plates! Can't wait to get them!!!!

katie0128 said:
I love the SS cookware... but don't want an entire collection of it... Wish we could purchase the pieces individually.
And I'm really bummed about the current bamboo tongs going away. I love the new little ones, but still love the current ones. I think I'm going to order a bunch to have on hand for door prizes, stocking stuffers, etc.
Also not really excited about the new LRS. Like others, I store mine standing up and won't have room for the handles.
But I do love the finger guard, gravy seperator and the app. plates! Can't wait to get them!!!!

I feel the same way about the LRS! I keep thinking those "handles" are gonna break off and I'll be hearing about it at all my shows from now on! Plus I stack my flat stones also. We'll see how it does I guess.

I'm swooning over the new cranberry SA pieces. They are gorgeous...and I think a lot of folks who haven't bought SA before will now be inclined to start their collection.

So far, I don't feel negative about any of the new items. (I am soooo the junkie.)

leggy

dianevill said:
Just a little tid-bit I thought I'd share. I learned in the product room that there isn't a finish on the new bamboo. The pieces go through a heat process called carbonization (sp?) and that's what gives them the darker color and smooth finish. I wish they would have said that during the general session - I thought they were varnished or something:eek: !

Diane~

Thank you for sharing that info with us! That is really good to know and pass on to our customers!

Christ Follower said:
I feel the same way about the LRS! I keep thinking those "handles" are gonna break off and I'll be hearing about it at all my shows from now on! Plus I stack my flat stones also. We'll see how it does I guess.

My thinking on this (and I may be wrong!:rolleyes: ) is that it has taken this long for PC to come out with a flat stone with handles, because they were testing and perfecting one that would not be as fragile. The handles would definitely be a weaker stress point - so I bet the Test Kitchen has put it through all sorts of testing to make sure that it will hold up to everyday use. I just think (hope) they are smart enough to realize this could be an issue, and addressed it and took care of it before bringing it to the public.

i'm psyched about the stone with handles (I'm so tired of my metal bar thing getting stuck in the grooves of my stovetop burners when i pick up my stone off the top of the stove). the bars are hard to store too.

lacychef said:
LOVE the new app/dessert plates, cookbook (we're beating RRay by a minute!), the new bamboo, the cranberry SA...
gotta try out the SS cookware; I've never cooked with it before. I think it will be great to have both lines...

that's because we have a garlic press! :p

<h2>What new products are you most excited about?</h2><p>The new products I am most excited about are the new SA pieces! I am thrilled with the cranberry/white combo - and the new appetizer plates! Oh - and the new 29 Minutes Cookbook.....and the Sprinkles!</p><h2>What new products are you least excited about?</h2><p>What I am least excited about.....The Gravy Separator and the Carving Set.....I know - some people are just THRILLED about these - but for the one-two times a year I need a carving set, my other PC set works just fine (and for a third of the price).......and I have a small gravy separator that also works great for the one-two times a year I need it. I am sooooo hoping that the Host Bonus for November is SA! If it's the Carving Set and the Roasting Pan again, I will be extremely disappointed! Before, when those were the choices, I couldn't even get people to take them at 60% off.</p>

What new products are you most excited about?

The new products I am most excited about are the new SA pieces! I am thrilled with the cranberry/white combo - and the new appetizer plates! Oh - and the new 29 Minutes Cookbook.....and the Sprinkles!

What new products are you least excited about?

What I am least excited about.....The Gravy Separator and the Carving Set.....I know - some people are just THRILLED about these - but for the one-two times a year I need a carving set, my other PC set works just fine (and for a third of the price).......and I have a small gravy separator that also works great for the one-two times a year I need it. I am sooooo hoping that the Host Bonus for November is SA! If it's the Carving Set and the Roasting Pan again, I will be extremely disappointed! Before, when those were the choices, I couldn't even get people to take them at 60% off.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • DebPC