• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Coating Trays & Tools: Answers to Product Questions

In summary, the trays and tools are meant for coating chicken and other projects, and the trays can be used in the microwave to melt chocolate. The tool is for handling the ball of chocolate on the open "spoon side" or the other side is used as tongs.
Leigh0725
Okay, maybe I'm just have a brain fart or something - but can someone explain the "Coating Trays & Tools" product? What is this?

Also, so other general product questions:

* I LOVE the fact that the SS pots/pans can go in the dishwasher. I was a little hesistant on the executive cookware line (DH & I are looking to replace our hand-me downs from college) since you could not put them in the dishwasher. I really like the appeal of the non-stick. I was just curious as to how hard it would be to clean the SS pots/pans? Also, can you use a steel pad? If you ahd to choose between the executive line and/or the SS line, which would you choose?

* I'm looking to have an open house in Setpember to feature some of the new products and recipes. Any suggestions on which ones would be a definite to get? I have almost everything in our current catalog (or at least one thing from the different lines we have (SA, Forged Cutlery, Cookware). I'm hoping to get a good turnout w/ leads - basically its a way for me to be able to get new cookware at 60% off. ;-)

TIA!

The trays are meant for projects like coating chicken where you have to dip in flour, in egg and in bread crumbs OR in the catalog it also shows a picture of truffles in one part, then cocoa in the next tray and chopped nuts in the third tray. The trays can be used in the microwave to melt chocolate. The tool is for handling the ball of chocolate on the open "spoon side" or the other side is used as tongs.
I would like to have a little of both sets of cookware. SS is dishwasher safe and able to be "shined up". Not sure about the steel pad, probably not a good idea. I don't know. Don't get a set of either if you aren't sure. Get a piece from each or get a set and a piece or something.

I'm not sure about tpc s/s pans but I have a set from the Bon, my father in law bought us for Christmas 10 to 13 yrs ago and I love them they are easy to clean ( sometimes I forget to season them) but they clean up nice. I'm sure from what I've seen from p/c they must be a nice quality.
I can't wait to see them at my next meeting.

As far as the s/s pad I use a sponge with the scrubber on the back if it's really stuck-on I soak it in HOT water and soap for 10min then it comes right off.

I have a set of SS now, and I will be looking to replace it with TPC SS. I will get a couple of piece of the Executive line, but overall, SS for me.

Another way to clean of stuff that has cooked on is to sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda into the pan, then add water. Boil on the stove for a few minutes. It will loosen whatever right up. I have used like an SOS pad on mine, but it will dull the finish a bit.

Three words: BAR KEEPERS FRIEND.

It comes in a gold can with the other can cleansers (like Comet). Use a wet rag and rub. It also now comes in a liquid.

Like Deb said--I think Bar Keeper's Friend is best for stainless steel pans. I have an All-Clad--and that's what I use! Plus, I've used in on our forged knives, too!!

Leigh0725 said:
Okay, maybe I'm just have a brain fart or something - but can someone explain the "Coating Trays & Tools" product? What is this?

* I LOVE the fact that the SS pots/pans can go in the dishwasher. I was a little hesistant on the executive cookware line (DH & I are looking to replace our hand-me downs from college) since you could not put them in the dishwasher. I really like the appeal of the non-stick. I was just curious as to how hard it would be to clean the SS pots/pans? Also, can you use a steel pad? If you ahd to choose between the executive line and/or the SS line, which would you choose?

* I'm looking to have an open house in Setpember to feature some of the new products and recipes. Any suggestions on which ones would be a definite to get? I have almost everything in our current catalog (or at least one thing from the different lines we have (SA, Forged Cutlery, Cookware). I'm hoping to get a good turnout w/ leads - basically its a way for me to be able to get new cookware at 60% off. ;-)

TIA!
I will have my open house in August to generate September and October bookings.

Go to Williams Sonoma and check out the All Clad cookware. A host getting our Stainless for 1/2 price is getting the deal of the century!!

Just a little tip...the reason you don't want to put cookware in the dishwasher (unless it says too) is that it warps the pots and pans. Have you ever had a pot that wiggles or doesn't sit right on your burner? This is why

Leigh, don't make the decision until you try each one. Get the 8" saute pans. Have 2 shows in July and you get the SS one FREE...I think. They are worth the investment. If nothing else, host a show and use your 1/2 price item to get the executive one.

All of the demos they showed at NC showed the SS to be easy clean up. However, I have not owned a SS piece yet that is easy clean up. But, I have not purchased "top of the line" pieces. My SIL has a set from a company that comes to your house and cooks a complete meal for you and your friends. She loves it, but stuff sticks to it. They stack on top of each other and can cook several things at once...even a cake...on top of the stove. The downside...she paid over 1500.00 for her set. YIKES!

I have one that s/s pot was purchased somewhere in Italy. It is wonderful! I have only burned spagetti sauce in it, but it has always cleaned out well. I can't wait to get the free pan!

Leigh0725 said:

TIA!
The breading set has been answered, but I wanted to give you my take on the pans. I have a lot of the professional, the prof. double burner griddle, and the 5 pc. set in the Executive. I really like my Professional, LOVE my executive, and can't wait to add some peices of SS to my sets! I am the type cook that really would like a mixture of non-stick and SS. With our Pan-o-rama, I will be looking to get the 12" covered skillet in SS and to replace my Professional family skillet and lid with Executive. Unless someone out there wants to trade me a prof. family skillet and lid for an executive one! There are some out there who PREFER the professional over the executive....

The DW safe fact will be a great seller for the SS. When they showed them using the SS onstage at conference, it really did look like it would be easy to clean- the "brushed" finish is supposed to be a big help!

Your question about getting some products, are you asking which ones of the NEW F/W products to get??

Fall productsYes, Kelly, the question was geared towards the new F/W products to get for the Open House. I think the main thing I'm waiting on is seeing what the sample packages will be and how much they'll be for.

If I remember correctly, you can only get one package, right? Can you get a package item and one of the sample items that are sold seperately?

Typically, you're limited to purchasing one of each item.

So if there's a "jumbo" package and several smaller ones that contain items that are also in the jumbo, you can get either the big one, or a combination of little ones.

I can't explain it as well as the sample order form does.

I think I have the same ones!!
Shawnna said:
Leigh, don't make the decision until you try each one. Get the 8" saute pans. Have 2 shows in July and you get the SS one FREE...I think. They are worth the investment. If nothing else, host a show and use your 1/2 price item to get the executive one.

All of the demos they showed at NC showed the SS to be easy clean up. However, I have not owned a SS piece yet that is easy clean up. But, I have not purchased "top of the line" pieces. My SIL has a set from a company that comes to your house and cooks a complete meal for you and your friends. She loves it, but stuff sticks to it. They stack on top of each other and can cook several things at once...even a cake...on top of the stove. The downside...she paid over 1500.00 for her set. YIKES!

The company was called New Era!! I have had them since 1995 and Love them!! I speant $4000.00 on the set I purchased. Good thing I was able to make monthly payments!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them and will NOT be replacing them the PC ones. I just have to wait for my hubby to move back from NM to use them again since those are the one I sent him with. I have never had a problem cleaning them. I usually run water in them right when I take them off the stove and that helps. I use Cameo to clean them when it needs it. There is a huge difference cooking between SS and NS. I did get to purchase the complete set of Executive cookware when he left with my SS which I LOVE LOVE LOVE to but somethings just come out better cooked in SS, like Fried Chicken for instance. I honestly think it a cooks preference. I am definately going to use both when he comes home.

Leigh0725 said:
Yes, Kelly, the question was geared towards the new F/W products to get for the Open House. I think the main thing I'm waiting on is seeing what the sample packages will be and how much they'll be for.

If I remember correctly, you can only get one package, right? Can you get a package item and one of the sample items that are sold seperately?
You are not limited to only one package...just only one of each item.

Say package A contains all of the products. In that case, that's all you can order.

But, Say Package B contains items 1-10 and Package C contains items 11-15. In that case, you can order both. Last season they allowed us to purchase them seperately. (As in, pkg B one month and pkg C down the road when you had the $$) but they have not ALWAYS done that. There have been seasons when you were only allowed to purchase samples ONCE, so you had to get them all together. They will announce the specifics when the announce the packages.

I guess you are going to be in the same boat I am: you need to find out what the packages in order to choose what are the "must haves". Plus, you can check with folks in your cluster and trade items if need be. (I only say your cluster so you don't have to deal with paying shipping to trade...but I am sure folks on here will want to part with some items as well!)

KellyTheChef said:
You are not limited to only one package...just only one of each item.

Say package A contains all of the products. In that case, that's all you can order.

But, Say Package B contains items 1-10 and Package C contains items 11-15. In that case, you can order both. Last season they allowed us to purchase them seperately. (As in, pkg B one month and pkg C down the road when you had the $$) but they have not ALWAYS done that. There have been seasons when you were only allowed to purchase samples ONCE, so you had to get them all together. They will announce the specifics when the announce the packages.

I guess you are going to be in the same boat I am: you need to find out what the packages in order to choose what are the "must haves". Plus, you can check with folks in your cluster and trade items if need be. (I only say your cluster so you don't have to deal with paying shipping to trade...but I am sure folks on here will want to part with some items as well!)
My bet would be that they will do the same thing this year. They started that when they started releasing more products each season.

1. What is the purpose of coating trays and tools?

The purpose of coating trays and tools is to evenly distribute a coating or breading onto food items, such as chicken, fish, or vegetables. This helps to create a crispy and flavorful outer layer when frying or baking.

2. What materials are coating trays and tools typically made of?

Coating trays and tools are typically made of non-stick materials, such as silicone or metal with a non-stick coating. This allows for easy removal of the coated food items and easy cleanup.

3. How do I properly use a coating tray and tool?

To use a coating tray and tool, first mix together your desired coating or breading in a shallow dish. Then, place the food item onto the tray and use the tool to evenly coat it with the mixture. Shake off any excess coating and transfer the food to a baking or frying pan.

4. Can I use a coating tray and tool for gluten-free coatings?

Yes, many coating trays and tools are suitable for use with gluten-free coatings. However, it is important to check the product description or packaging to ensure that it is labeled as gluten-free.

5. How do I clean and maintain a coating tray and tool?

To clean a coating tray and tool, hand wash with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh chemicals on the non-stick coating. Allow the tray and tool to air dry or dry with a soft cloth before storing. Do not place in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ckarasevic
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • astavnes