• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stuck Choosing a Free Cookware Prize: Pick My Winner!

In summary, the author is undecided about which cookware to choose. The two cookware options are the 12" stainless skillet and the 12" executive skillet. The author prefers the non-stick features of the 12" executive skillet and the stainless steel features of the 12" stainless skillet. The author does not think it is hard to clean SS cookware, but recommends using the SS cleaner to keep it looking new. The author would choose the non-stick over the stainless steel if it were a purely aesthetic choice. The 12" executive skillet is available with or without a lid and costs $148. The 12" stainless skillet costs $215 with a lid.
nikiknits
I had over $1250 in sales my first month (still have 1 1/2 weeks to go!), so I get to choose a piece of free cookware! I'm debating between the 12" stainless skillet and the 12" executive skillet. I'm stuck :)

Which would you choose and why?

I suppose at least this is a happy dilemma!

It depends on your cooking style. I am 100% non-stick, I'm too lazy and not fancy enough to do SS. Of course, I already have the 12" NS, so I'd get the stock pot...

12" Nonstick family skillet is my fav

I'm stainless. I love that I can use it to broil too.

Nonstick - I love it!

For those that have the SS, is it hard to clean? I like the idea of being able to brown food well, but I'm nervous about cleaning.

I've never had a problem with cleaning SS. Usually I just boil a little water in the pan and anything stuck comes right off.

As a show piece, I'd go with the non-stick. I do love SS cookware, and that's what I mostly prefer, but for saute pans and the skillet, I go with the non-stick. There are some recipes that are good for shows that are better suited in the non-stick as well.

Non stick is my personal choice!

I love the non stick! Waiting for my recruit to qualify so I can get the grill pan!

I love my non-stick 12", I use it all the time. I've either got that pan or my DCB in the kitchen sink daily (on the clean side of course!).As far as cleaning SS, I have the 10", and have not had any issues cleaning it. I've fried/browned things in it, and just let it sit in a sink of hot soapy water for a few minutes while I clean up the rest of the kitchen, then I'd come back and wipe it out...MAYBE use a nylon scraper now and then if I was in a hurry. :) Every now and then I use the SS Cleaner on it to shine it up beautifully.But for most of my cooking, I love the non-stick.

esavvymom said:
I love my non-stick 12", I use it all the time. I've either got that pan or my DCB in the kitchen sink daily (on the clean side of course!).

As far as cleaning SS, I have the 10", and have not had any issues cleaning it. I've fried/browned things in it, and just let it sit in a sink of hot soapy water for a few minutes while I clean up the rest of the kitchen, then I'd come back and wipe it out...MAYBE use a nylon scraper now and then if I was in a hurry. :) Every now and then I use the SS Cleaner on it to shine it up beautifully.

But for most of my cooking, I love the non-stick.

Even for just DH and I the 12" non stick skillet it my every day skillet!

It seems we use the non stick 12" covered skillet almost every dinner! LOVE it!!! For daily pots I use stainless, but sautee pans, I prefer the non stick.

If you plan to use it at shows, I'd go with the non-stick (especially if making cakes). If it primarily for your use, get what you will personally use most.

I love my SS 12" family skillet (with the cover), but I wish I had the grill pan so I could have the option of doing the chicken your way shows. I make the cakes in my 12" SS skillet and they come out beautifully.

Don't get something you won't use, but the stainless is $215 and comes with a lid.
The executive is $148 and the lid is $38 extra. I would not want the executive w/o a lid.

I'm a life-long user of non-stick pans (good ones - had Calphalon before I got the Executive set a few years ago), but I have to say, I really am looking forward to getting the entire set of Stainless Steel now that I've been cooking more (thanks to PC!). It's much easier to do the kind of cooking that they show on all the Food Network cooking shows in a stainless pan, plus we sell the stainless cleaner, AND it can go in the dishwasher, so I'm all for that! Plus, my non-stick cookware is starting to show wear and tear, and I treat it SO well - I only put it on med-high heat, never wash with anything but soap and a microfiber washcloth, and the silicone handles are ripping and the non-stick surface looks like crap. I'm disappointed, but I do use them a lot, so that's why I'm thinking of switching to something that seems sturdier. Plus, I've been visiting my brother and sister-in-law all weekend and they own a full set of All-Clad stainless from their wedding, and it's AWESOME. So, that's my story - hope that helps!

I just saw on America's Test Kitchen yesterday that all nonstick cookware will wear out. I looove a piece or 2 of nonstick but I feel that SS is the way to go.

I love the non-stick!! The lid does not come with it but it is amazing to use and clean.

I don't know what you already have/don't have, but if all you have is the non-stick that came with your kit, try getting a SS piece so you will be able to sell both. Most well-stocked kitchens will have both non-stick (invaluable for cooking eggs) and SS (invaluable for creating a "fond" -- the browned bits of goodness that form on the pan and are released when you deglaze the pan.)

I love Both, depends on what you are cooking. Stainless is very easy to clean.. my fear.

for shows I like the non-stick. less expensive (sticker shock) and you can make meals and cakes with it.

PS congrats!!!

Exec. for shows, SS for the house. It depends on what you are going to use it for.

Hmmmm . . . Who'd have thought this would be so hard to decide?Thanks for all the input! I think I'm going to go with the Executive, since I think it's wise to buy what I'd like to use at shows. If I was purchasing for myself, I think I'd get the stainless but most people I know cook with nonstick and I think that's what people would want to see.

I had purchased a high priced SS less than a year before becoming a PC. I put it away to make room for my Executive cookware, and have not used the SS, in five years. I have only the 8" SS saute pan, and don't even use it - just pass it around for folks to compare the two. My DH loves the 12" skillet for omelets, and I love it for the family meals that serve lots at a party: Asian Noodle recipe comes to mind. It really deserves the lid.

Non-stick for me!!! Just about to use mine now for breakfast!!!!

If you're buying it for personal use only, and not to use at shows, go with the stainless. It's so much more versatile. However, 90% of your guests who will consider buying cookware wo't be considering SS. The average woman in a family loves non-stick because to them it means ease. Plus, if you do any of the skillet cakes and some of the other recipes for shows, as well, you're going to want the non-stick. I'm planning to buy the non-stick first and then get the stainless for home use. I <3 stainless.

Executive Non Stick 12" Skillet!!!

1. Can I choose any cookware prize for free?

Yes, you can choose any cookware prize from our current catalog for free as long as it is listed as a free prize option.

2. How do I know which cookware prize to choose?

We recommend choosing a cookware prize that you will get the most use out of and fits your cooking needs. If you need help deciding, our consultants are happy to assist you.

3. Is there a limit on how many cookware prizes I can choose for free?

Yes, there is a limit of one free cookware prize per order. If you would like to redeem multiple free cookware prizes, you will need to place separate orders.

4. Can I exchange my free cookware prize for a different one?

Unfortunately, we do not offer exchanges for free cookware prizes. However, if your prize arrives damaged or defective, we will gladly replace it for you.

5. How long do I have to choose my free cookware prize?

You can choose your free cookware prize at any time before you checkout. However, if you forget to make your selection, our website will automatically choose a prize for you based on your order history and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NOLA RN
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pattybrady
  • BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cooking.with.ann