1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: SS Saute Pan or Covered Skilled???

1. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

It's my kit enhancement month and I want to buy a piece of stainless cookware and am debating over the 10" saute pan or the 10" covered skillet. I already have the 12" Executive Skillet with lid, so I'm not sure I need the 12" stainless skillet. I welcome any opinions on which pan you use the most at shows (and home), and how you use them and any other comments that may be helpful to my decision making.

Thank you!

May 14, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I only have the SS 8" saute pan, and then I have the 7 pc Executive set + the 12" family size executive and the grill pan and the 8" executive... I use all of my Executive (love the 12" and 10" covered pieces)... I never use my SS saute pan, I take it to shows to show as an example... I would get that one (it's the cheapest) and then get a piece from the Executive line that you would use... I've really been looking at the 10" saute pan but in the Executive... but that's just me... not a Stainless kind of cook. If I had to choose between the 2 that you mentioned, I would probably go with the covered skillet, just because I think that would be more versatile... you can mostly do whatever you'd do in the saute in that, but you can't do what you do in the covered in the saute, KWIM? Sorry, probably wasn't much help.

May 15, 2009
  3. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I do use my 12" SS Skillet quite a bit more than my SS sautes - so I am thinking I would recommend the 10" covered Skillet.

Plus, you can make the bread pudding from the fall SB in the SS 10". I make a half batch of the Pork/Chicken Asian Noodle skillet all the time and I would be able to use the 10" for that.

Plus if you are going to brown meat and use the the fond (browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan) and then make a sauce - you could still do that in the 10" Skillet.

May 15, 2009
  4. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

...what she said goes for me as well. Since I'm not a SS cook, I decided to just get the 8" to use as an example. (I did, however, spring for another SS grill basket so now I have 2 of those and am loving that flexibility.)

May 15, 2009
Have something to add?