• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Generation Ii Cookware

In summary, the new Generation II cookware is a good deal compared to the Executive cookware that we currently sell. Some people like the newer Generation II cookware better than the older Gen II cookware, but others prefer the older Gen II cookware. The new Generation II cookware has a 2-year warranty, while the older Gen II cookware does not. The newer Generation II cookware is not as non-stick as the older Gen II cookware, but is still a good product.
winklermom
I noticed that there are a couple of items in the Outlet that are Generation II cookware. How are these products in comparison to the Executive cookware that we currently sell? I need a couple of pots but they aren't available in open stock so these would be a great addition to my kitchen collection, or at least, I believe they will. Does anyone have any Gen II and would you suggest getting some of these or would I be better off waiting until I can get an Executive set (not sure when that will be)?

I still use my smaller dutch oven/stock pot all the time. I do put mine in the DW, and think they're a good product even after all these years.

They had a 2-year warranty when we carried them. I have some customers who still use theirs and it has held up. For others, it has not held up. If I recall, the sizes are a little bit different than the Exec. The Exec is better quality.

My son is still using some of my old Gen II. It was good stuff. Though, I like the new stuff better (the rolled edge, sturdier non-stick inside and out, etc.), the Gen II on the outlet would be a great deal.

I gave as Christmas/graduation presents a set of Generation II to both my son & daughter in Dec 2000. Both are still being used today. They grew up with 'Lifetime' Stainless steel pots & pans in my kitchen and they love the Generation II set. Used by many of their new to cooking type friends during college days and still holding up.
I added to their inventory from the outlet from time to time but now that they have actual homes/kitchens of their own, I am slowing replacing with Exec line.... the old sets will be taken to the cottage because they are still usable.

I would say pots -- yes. Skillets -- no. I've had some Genteration II for over 10 years, but I like our Exec SO much better. The skillets have become not non-stick over the years. I always hand wash. Most of my Generation II is in my daughter's kitchen now.

Sandi

I have our Stainless but when I need/want non-stick, after 13 years I'm still reaching for my Gen2 pots and pans. LOVE them! The larger dutch oven is perfect for stews and chilis or fruit for canning.

The 6 qt. open stock pot looks like it could be considered a Dutch oven. Is it one and the same? My biggest concern is that is lists the pot only and no lid. ): The Petite Saucepan does state that it comes with the lid.

What is the difference between generation II cookware and previous Pampered Chef cookware?

Generation II cookware is made with a new and improved non-stick surface, making it easier to clean and more durable. It also has a thicker base for better heat distribution and can be used on both gas and electric stovetops. Previous Pampered Chef cookware may not have these features.

Is generation II cookware safe to use in the oven?

Yes, generation II cookware is oven-safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it perfect for recipes that require both stovetop and oven cooking.

Can I use metal utensils with generation II cookware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with generation II cookware as it can scratch the non-stick surface. It is best to use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils to preserve the non-stick coating.

Is generation II cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, generation II cookware is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing with warm, soapy water is recommended to prolong the life of the non-stick coating.

What is the warranty for generation II cookware?

Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty for generation II cookware. This covers any defects in materials or workmanship under normal household use. If there are any issues, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmelody
  • mcqueenx6
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Dawn
  • bearydutch