• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Molded Pizza Stone: Investigating Unusual Customer Report

In summary, the customer's pizza stone may have mold on it, and it's unknown if the mold is causing the customer's issues.
lisabrown_pc
I have a customer that says her pizza stone has molded. I have not seen it. Has anyone ever heard of the stoneware doing this?

Um, that shouldn't happen at all. Was she scraping it clean?

Like as in moldy? Eww ... never heard of that either! I wonder if she has been cleaning it really hard after every use? I'd give her the 880# to call & discuss with HO.

yeah, make sure it is actually moldy and not "seasoned" like it should be. Doesn't harbor bacteria of any kind so find that hard to believe unless I saw it.

smspamperedchef said:
yeah, make sure it is actually moldy and not "seasoned" like it should be. Doesn't harbor bacteria of any kind so find that hard to believe unless I saw it.

Heck I never thought about that :blushing:
I agree, you need to ask her that.

smspamperedchef said:

I have had some weird seasoning patterns before, this would have been my first guess.

smspamperedchef said:

The only reason I could think of is if the customer thought "no soap" meant "no washing" and left food particles on the stone.

I was thinking the same as Noora maybe it's food that is caked on there and that is what's moldy.

it happens...I left a small potted plant sitting in one of my bar pans while we went on vacation...came back to a little bit of mold. Nothing will take care of it, so I don't use it for baking anymore...good thing I have spares :)

1. How do I clean the Molded Pizza Stone?

The Molded Pizza Stone can be easily cleaned with warm water and mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stone. It is also recommended to hand wash the stone and avoid putting it in the dishwasher.

2. Can the Molded Pizza Stone be used on a grill?

Yes, the Molded Pizza Stone is safe to use on a grill. However, make sure to place it on a heat-resistant surface and allow it to preheat with the grill before placing the pizza on it.

3. Is the Molded Pizza Stone oven-safe?

Yes, the Molded Pizza Stone is oven-safe and can withstand high temperatures. It is recommended to preheat the stone in the oven before placing the pizza on it for best results.

4. What is the best way to prevent sticking when using the Molded Pizza Stone?

To prevent sticking, it is best to lightly coat the stone with cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray before placing the pizza on it. This will also help with easy release of the pizza once it is cooked.

5. Can I use the Molded Pizza Stone for other foods besides pizza?

Yes, the Molded Pizza Stone can be used for baking other foods such as bread, cookies, and even roasted vegetables. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Natashya Giardina
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • loreo