• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lg Stone With Handles Cracking Question

In summary, a large stone with handles can crack due to improper use and care, such as not preheating it properly, using metal utensils, or exposing it to drastic temperature changes. Small hairline cracks are normal and do not affect the stone's performance, but larger cracks or broken pieces should not be used. To prevent cracking, follow the care instructions provided by Pampered Chef. The stone should not be used on a stovetop, as it is designed for oven or microwave use only. The large stone with handles comes with a three-year warranty against defects, and Pampered Chef will replace it for free if it cracks or breaks during this time.
kam
Staff member
I know this has been an issue with many... but I now have a customer who has returned 2 of them. The Large Round Stone with Handles has been cracking on her 2nd time using it.

I am going to email test kitchens, but thought I'd check if anyone knows the answer to my host's question:

Question to ask Pampered Chef about this stone: I have a wall stove which is smaller than a normal oven. This particular stone I have to sit it in the oven at an angle. I can not sit this stone straight in because the handles touch the sides of the oven. Since both stones broke on the second time using them - could it be that the stone is actually to large for my oven - that there is not enough space around the stone to heat the stone equally which causes the stone to crack straight in the middle with a handle on each side?

Thanks!!

It's touching the sides of the oven? Then yes, it is too large. She needs the smaller one. It could very well be why it cracked.

I think it is interesting that both stones broke on the second time using them. Why wouldn't they have broke the first time? Let us know what HO says.

1. Why is my large stone with handles cracking?

The most common reason for a large stone with handles cracking is improper use and care. It is important to properly preheat the stone before use and never place it in a hot oven. Additionally, avoid drastic temperature changes and never use metal utensils on the stone. It is also important to regularly clean and maintain the stone.

2. Can I still use my stone if it has cracks?

Small hairline cracks are normal and will not affect the performance of the stone. However, if the cracks are large or the stone is broken into pieces, it is not safe to use and should be replaced.

3. How can I prevent my stone from cracking?

To prevent your stone from cracking, follow the care instructions provided by Pampered Chef. Always preheat the stone before use, avoid drastic temperature changes, and use proper utensils. It is also important to avoid placing cold or frozen foods directly on the hot stone.

4. Can I use my stone on the stovetop?

No, the large stone with handles is not safe to use on the stovetop. It is designed to be used in the oven or microwave only.

5. What is the warranty on the large stone with handles?

The large stone with handles comes with a three-year guarantee against defects in materials or workmanship under normal household use and care. If your stone cracks or breaks during this time, Pampered Chef will replace it for free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TinaOuellette
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
time2cook
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • newtopamperedchef