• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Solution for Self-Rising Pizza Not Cooking in Stoneware?

In summary, the customer is having trouble with her self-rising pizzas and does not know what to do. The pizzas cook less in the middle than regular pizzas, and the customer says she has no trouble with regular pizzas just the self-rising. The customer's stones are almost black from being seasoned, and the oven might be the problem, not heating through evenly.
Deb
Silver Member
Customer called and asked if I was aware of a problem with self-rising pizza. She said everytime she tries to fix a DiGiorgno Self-Rising Pizza on the round stone the middle never cooks. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, is there a solution? Thanks!!

I've had my stones for going on 13 years and have never had any problem with any type of pizzas including DiGiorgno Self Rising. Not sure what the problem could be.

Bethany - I don't use the self-rising pizzas so have no idea if you do anything different when cooking them. Are the instructions different than the regular pizzas? She told me she has no problem with the regular pizzas just the self-rising. I'm at a loss as to what to tell her.

Thanks!

I cook them just like the instructions on the package. It's been a little while since I've done one but I don't ever remember having any problems with mine. Could it be that her stones are newer? Mine are almost black from being seasoned. I'm at a loss, too.

Is she putting her oven rack in the bottom third of the oven?

Those pizzas cook less in the middle, I've noticed it too, but I have never used my stones to cook a frozen pizza (I put them directly on the rack.) So it's not the stone, it's the pizza. Just cook it a few minutes longer. It's delicious.

I use my pizza stones for the DiGiorno Self Rising all the time. I often put the stone with pizza on in the oven before it is preheated (why not?), and have no problems. Perhaps she just needs to leave it in for a minute or two more, or maybe her oven is the problem, not heating through evenly.

U&C doesn't say anything, but I thought I heard something a long time ago that the stones don't work well with self-rising pizzas, but I have never had any problem. I never preheat my oven and just add 5 minutes to the cooking time to accomodate for a cold oven.

The only time I have had trouble is when I try to turn the temperature up 25 degrees from whatthe directions say. (Thought my oven was not reaching the correct temps which is why I was trying to adjust.) The top cooks well, but the bottom doesn't cook properly then.

Related to Is There a Solution for Self-Rising Pizza Not Cooking in Stoneware?

What is stoneware and how does it differ from other pizza cooking methods?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic cookware that is made from natural clay and heated at high temperatures to create a durable and non-porous surface. It is known for its ability to evenly distribute heat and retain it for a longer period of time compared to traditional metal pans. This results in a crispier crust and more evenly cooked pizza.

What is self-rising pizza dough and why is it commonly used for stoneware pizza?

Self-rising pizza dough is a type of dough that has leavening agents, such as baking powder, already incorporated into it. This allows the dough to rise and create a fluffy and airy crust without the need for additional yeast or rising time. This type of dough is commonly used for stoneware pizza because it helps the pizza to rise and cook evenly in the stoneware dish.

How do I properly care for my stoneware pizza pan?

To properly care for your stoneware pizza pan, it is important to avoid using soap or harsh chemicals when cleaning it. Instead, use a scraper or brush to remove any food residue and then rinse with hot water. It is also recommended to season the stoneware by rubbing it with oil before the first use and periodically afterwards to maintain its non-stick surface.

Can I use any type of pizza sauce and toppings for stoneware pizza?

Yes, you can use any type of pizza sauce and toppings for stoneware pizza. Just make sure to evenly spread the sauce and toppings on the dough to ensure even cooking. It is also recommended to preheat the stoneware in the oven before adding the pizza to ensure a crispy crust.

What are some tips for achieving the best results when using stoneware for pizza?

Some tips for achieving the best results when using stoneware for pizza include preheating the stoneware in the oven before adding the pizza, using self-rising pizza dough for a fluffy crust, and avoiding overloading the pizza with too many toppings. It is also important to monitor the pizza while it is cooking and adjust the temperature or cooking time as needed to prevent burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pamperedberry
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • loreo