• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Round Stone With Handles: Customer Returns and Breakage Issues

In summary, some customers have had their round handled stones break. It is possible that these stones may have had microscopic imperfections that caused them to break. Some customers have also had their stones break while baking pizza.
JaimeQ
I have a customer who has had to return her stone cause it broke in half!! She got is replaced and now this one broke!! Anyone else having issues with the round handled stone??

I haven't had any returned thus far, but I think there is a thread somewhere addressing this very issue. I actually hesitated to get it for myself or others because I think several others have had the same thing happen to them.
Jessica

I have sold a couple and I hae one, no problems here. Any chance she is doing something wrong? Sudden heat change, broiling it, etc.

This time around she said it broke in the oven when she was cooking a pizza. I don't remember about the first one.

My first one was in my bag before a show and my bag tipped over and the stone busted right in half. There was nothing heavy in the bag. I've never had any stones break like this. Now I have been very cautious.

One of my hostesses just contacted me that hers has a crack and she has done nothing that would have made it crack.

It happens now and then that there's a batch of stones with problems, usually because of air bubbles or other imperfections in the clay. That's why they come with a warranty.

Mine broke in half, in the oven, at a show.

A customer of mine had 2 broken (original and replacement) she requested her $$ back. I can't say I blame her. Mine has been fine.

Mine is fine but I just finished doing a product adjustment for a woman whose stone broke while baking a pizza. It happens though. Thank you PC for giving us the 3 year warranty!!

Ok so the guest called and took care of her stone (she has done both actually) but when she calls it shows up as the consultant doing it.... It's in my adjustments.. is that normal. The first time she called and got it replaced it even came to my home (that is where the show was shipped). Is that normally how it happens?

MY first one broke in the oven during a show. I was so embarassed.

THen I quickly said, Well if they're going to break they'll usually break within the first 5 times, so hurry up and use them during the first 30 days.

Lisa

Stones are a kilned product so microscopic imperfections will be possible. That may mean that totally normal use will result in a break. Like other posts said, that is why we have a terrific 3 year warranty!

I try to ask any customer with a broken stone WHAT they were cooking and HOW if they call to say they have a breakage. Yes, I will do the exchange if it is in the warranty period but more than that, I feel I can do major customer service by educating the customer if they are doing something wrong.

I've had customers tell me that they have a) used on the stove top; b) broiled with the stone; c) taken from fridge to oven.

Obviously these are reasons a stone would break. The key here is that if a customer doesn't know they are doing anything wrong, they will blame the stone and think the product is bad.

So...as a consultant, each of us should understand the do's and don'ts of stones. If you don't know enough to feel comfortable with this subject, then take the time to learn! There are good resources on the files section of this site. You can also reference the product information guide at CC related to stones.

For the record, I have been doing PC for almost 5 years..but it was 2 full years into my biz before I understood stones. When I DID I began to sell more stones and have fewer returns from my own customers since I know that those who listened would not be doing the things that are complete no-no's.

So...long story short? Don't think that a few stones breaking means there is a problem with the product line. Yes, there can be a bad batch...but often you have users who are making classic mistakes.

Just had another guest call about her round stone breaking... she was baking a pizza on it:(

I had one customer from a November show (shipped late November around the same time as mentioned before) who told me her stone cracked in half last week.

Not made as well??I borrowed my director's round stone with and it broke after one of my shows. I had it in the stoneware tote and as I was loading up my car, it tipped over and that was it. I felt awful, but she got it replaced under warranty. I recently had 2 stones break from the same show. It didn't sound like they did anything that would cause them to break. Both stones were made in June 2007, so I thought it could have been a bad batch. I don't know if it's my imagination or what, but when I first saw the new round stone with handles, my first impression was that it seemed thinner than the regular one. Does anyone else think the same? I also think it would be harder to store so I don't think I will be getting one for myself.

Yup I had one too. It was from a November show, but was given as a x-mas gift to the husband. So the first time they used it and made a pizza it broke in half. Ugh! What are they putting in those pizzas nowadays. :)

Do you think it could be because of the shipping conditions in winter. They probably get so cold when they are shipped and then when they are heated up for the first few times are more susceptible to cracking or breaking. I have no idea really, just a theory.

I had a host in October get one and it broke in the oven as well. IDK, they do seem a bit thinner to me but mine has been fine.

What is the Round Stone With Handles made of?

The Round Stone With Handles is made of stoneware, a type of clay that is fired at high temperatures to make it durable and heat-resistant.

What is the purpose of the handles on the Round Stone With Handles?

The handles on the Round Stone With Handles are designed to make it easier to handle and transport the stone, especially when it is hot out of the oven.

Can the Round Stone With Handles be used in the microwave?

Yes, the Round Stone With Handles can be used in the microwave, but make sure to follow the instructions and guidelines provided by the manufacturer.

How do I clean the Round Stone With Handles?

The Round Stone With Handles is not dishwasher safe and should only be cleaned with hot water and a gentle scrub brush. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials as they can damage the stoneware.

What types of recipes can I make with the Round Stone With Handles?

The Round Stone With Handles is versatile and can be used for a variety of recipes such as pizzas, breads, casseroles, and even desserts. It is also great for reheating leftovers or keeping food warm during a meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • pampered1224
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Bren706