• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Experiencing Issues with the Round Stone Pizza Pan?

In summary, eight people have contacted MereYes about stones breaking in the oven. The stones all broke in the same way--they heard a loud pop. All of the people who contacted MereYes said that the stone was in the oven and they thought it might have been the oven that caused the break. MereYes has not heard back from the company yet, and they are concerned that the stones may not have been properly tested. There is a possibility that the stone might be too cold if it is placed in the oven too quickly.
merego
I have had 8, yes 8 people contact me about the large round stone with handles breaking. Anyone else had this problem? Is it possible there was a bad batch of stones? They all said the same thing, the stone was in the oven and they heard a loud pop. Most people were nice, I had one woman totally ream me, like I made the stones myself. I had one woman want me to guarantee her that her next stone would not break, which of course I couldn't.
I e-mailed the colution center but have not heard back yet. I requested reference numbers for all of these so the guests can then return them for a new one.
Just wondering if anyone is running into this issue?
Mere

Yes, of all the stones I do adjustments on for them breaking in the oven this one is the most common.

I just thought it was odd that it was the same exact stone and there were 8 all sold in November.

I know I have sent 1 back if not 2 but not in November.

I have sent two back from November so far...

Isn't there a date on the back of all of the stones? Cold you have them check the date to see if it is the same on all of them... I assume the date would be equivalent to a batch number??

the very first one I sold last year broke- as well as two from earlier in the year.

(one lady said she had a frozen pizza on it)

I emailed HO with my concern that they were not properly tested and never heard back.

Yup all mine have been sent back :(

I bought one last year when they came out and we use it all the time. It's not broken yet. I've also baked on it and carried it to places so it has been fine. Could it be they are putting it in too hot an oven and the stone is really cold? We have little cabinet space so all our stones and the metal sheet pan are all in the oven. We do take them all out to preheat. Could that be it?

I also heard, maybe it was on here or at a cluster meeting, that you need to make sure the handles don't touch the sides of the oven. Not sure if that's a common thing that people do though, so not sure if that's a possible reason they are breaking.

I have had 6 returned in about 8 months. I do ask my customers/hosts how they were using it, what they had on it etc. and I think may 1 case was "inappropriate" IMO, but I have a host who has tons of stoneware, a LRS for like 10 years, and she had her LRS w/H break, got her replacement and it also broke. HO sent her the next one with free shipping, but I think she went with the regular LRS insead as she was disgusted with the quality!

pcchefjane said:
I bought one last year when they came out and we use it all the time. It's not broken yet. I've also baked on it and carried it to places so it has been fine. Could it be they are putting it in too hot an oven and the stone is really cold? We have little cabinet space so all our stones and the metal sheet pan are all in the oven. We do take them all out to preheat. Could that be it?

These are people that all have other stones and never had problems, so they are all ticked off, but nothing is perfect or guaranteed. Just odd that they were all from November. I know one of mine broke when the stone touched the side of the oven a few years back.

I had one round stone with handles break so far.

Bluiydangl said:
the very first one I sold last year broke- as well as two from earlier in the year.

(one lady said she had a frozen pizza on it)

I emailed HO with my concern that they were not properly tested and never heard back.

That happened to me too!!! It is the SECOND large round stone w/ handles for this hostess!! I am surprised she keeps getting it replaced.

I had two November stones break.

when they first came out when we got them in out new products kit.... mine broke....... i sent it back and the one that i have now hasn't broken yet!!

I have returned about 10 of the large round stones since they came out ... including twice for the SAME customer. It's very frustrating.

This is so discouraging to see that is the only style pizza pan we will now offer. I sure hope they get the kinks/cracks? worked out.

1. What is "Broken Stones From November"?

Broken Stones From November is a collection of durable, high-quality cooking stones designed for use in the kitchen. These stones are made from natural materials and are perfect for baking, cooking, and serving a variety of dishes.

2. How do I use "Broken Stones From November" in my cooking?

Broken Stones From November can be used for a variety of cooking methods, such as baking, grilling, and roasting. These stones can also be used for serving dishes, such as cheese or charcuterie boards. Simply preheat the stone in the oven or on the grill, and then place your food on top to cook.

3. Are "Broken Stones From November" safe to use?

Yes, Broken Stones From November are completely safe to use in the kitchen. They are made from natural materials and do not contain any harmful chemicals or additives. However, it is important to handle the stones with care, as they can become hot during use.

4. How do I clean "Broken Stones From November"?

Cleaning Broken Stones From November is simple and easy. After each use, allow the stone to cool completely, and then wash it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as this can damage the stone. Do not soak the stone in water, as this can cause it to crack.

5. Can I use "Broken Stones From November" in the dishwasher?

No, Broken Stones From November are not dishwasher safe. The high heat and harsh detergents used in dishwashers can damage the stones. It is best to clean them by hand with warm, soapy water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • TinaOuellette