• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes - Question

In summary, the recipe called for microwaving 4-5 minutes, mine were more than done in 2. Any helpful hints are appreciated.
trisigma730
Good morning. I attempted the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes last night for the first time and they were ok. They tasted good, but a little dry. I suspected that maybe I hadn't added enough sour cream ... any suggestions on how the consistency of the batter should be? Also, the recipe called for microwaving 4-5 minutes, mine were more than done in 2. Any helpful hints are appreciated. I wanted to demo these for a show this weekend, but don't feel confident doing so at this rate!!! Thanks!!!

I haven't made them so I can't really answer but I was wondering if you had made 6 at once or if you had only put a couple in the microwave at a time or if you have a higher wattage microwave.

I have made other cakes in the prep bowls and 2 bowls are done in 1 minute.

The batter is pretty thick when done. Did you use the correct cake mix? It calls for a 9 oz., which is a Jiffy-type mix, not a standard cake mix.

I made them according to recipe, followed the printed times and they were moist at the end -- and very, very good. -- Even though I am not a "lemon" person, I LOVED these and want to have the ingredients always on hand.

I used a regular box of cake mix, and I microwaved 2 at a time (since I only have 2 prep bowls). I am guess the amount of cake mix was the problem. I must have used too much. They were still good, just a little dry and 'rubbery.' Think I may try them again tonight. Thanks!

Yes, try them again with the 9 oz cake mix! You can order a full set of prep bowls on a supply order at a discount! They are great to have.

trisigma730 said:
I used a regular box of cake mix, and I microwaved 2 at a time (since I only have 2 prep bowls). I am guess the amount of cake mix was the problem. I must have used too much. They were still good, just a little dry and 'rubbery.' Think I may try them again tonight. Thanks!

Since you are only doing two at a time I suggest just one minute to start. I doubt that it would take more than 1 1/2 minutes for two! That is surely your problem (well, combined with using too much cake mix).

I added more sour cream to the mix when it looked a little thick. I thought that might fix the problem. I just wasn't sure of the consistency. My father-in-law loved them nonetheless!! I suppose he isn't a very good guinea pig since he loves anything sweet. I am def. going to invest in the entire prep bowl set. I love them! I was planning on doing the lemon cakes for my first cooking show Saturday, but now I am a bit discouraged. Any other suggestions for a first cooking show? I have looked at all of the receipes in the SB and on CC, but none really appeal to my host. I want something that is simple, quick, and showcases a lot of tools. Easy enough, eh? lol

I did Chocolate Chip Sensation, Club House Chicken Squares and Brownie Split Pizza for my first shows. Great, simple recipes that use some good products. I wouldn't do the lemon cakes at a show with only 2 prep bowls, I would wait until you get all 6. Do you have a director or another consultant you could borrow the bowls from?

1. How many mini glazed lemon cakes does the recipe make?

The recipe for mini glazed lemon cakes makes 12 individual cakes.

2. Can I use regular lemons instead of Meyer lemons?

Yes, you can use regular lemons for this recipe. However, Meyer lemons have a sweeter and less acidic flavor which may result in a slightly different taste.

3. Can I use a different type of glaze for the mini lemon cakes?

Yes, you can use a different type of glaze for the mini lemon cakes. Some popular options include a simple powdered sugar glaze, a cream cheese glaze, or a lemon curd glaze.

4. How long do the mini glazed lemon cakes stay fresh?

The mini glazed lemon cakes can stay fresh for up to 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze the cakes for up to 3 months.

5. Can I make these mini glazed lemon cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the mini glazed lemon cakes ahead of time. You can bake the cakes and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days before glazing and serving. Alternatively, you can freeze the cakes and glaze them when ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • CyndiWilliams
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • chefshawna