• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes Question

In summary, the problem with the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes was that the recipe called for way too much cake mix, which changed the consistency & made the cakes excessively gummy.
CyndiWilliams
Hi All,

I have a question about the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes.

I made them last night for the first time, and they turned out very gummy on the outside "crust". (even before I added the glaze) The inside was beautiful, though.

Is this how they are supposed to be? And if not, does anyone have any idea what made mine excessively gummy? (or at least, what I thought was excessive. :p)

Thanks,
Cyndi

DId you use the tiny 9oz Jiffy size cake mix, or one whole big cake mix?

Good question.... I just looked at the box, and think I might have the answer.I used a large, regular box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake mix. I bet whatever they use for "super moist" is what made it gummy.Thanks,
Cyndi

Actually, the problem probably wasn't the type of cake mix, but the quantity. The regular boxes are WAY more than the 9oz needed for this recipe, and too much ckae mix completey changes the consistency. Definately try it again, it is a great recipe. (The Jiffy cake mixes are cheap and just the right size!)

oh boy! I didn't even notice that it called for a smaller amount of cake mix. And when I watched the video demo, I didn't notice either. Sheesh I feel dumb.I did notice that the batter was REAL thick. Now I know why. :DThanks Annabel!

No problem - I would probably have made the same mistake myself, but I saw other people's posts here first (just like yours - so you're not the first person to do it :)) and also read the replies from all the helpful cheffers to check the cake quantity! I didn't even know jiffy made cake mixes until I read all of these posts, and I certainly wouldn't have checked the size - a cake mix is a cake mix, right??! :)

I'm glad I just read this. I have a party on Monday and I'm doing this recipe for the first time. I'll have to double check the quantity of what the host buys.

If your host cant get a Jiffy cake mix, just get a regular cake mix & use only half...

I'm glad I read this too! I'm making them for my Monday show too:)!

I did the same thing!! and I thought it was the recipe!!!!!!

I made these w/ a regular mix and it was terrible!!
Now it all makes sense.

1. How many servings does one Mini Glazed Lemon Cake make?

One Mini Glazed Lemon Cake makes one serving.

2. Can I use a different type of glaze on the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of glaze you prefer on the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes.

3. How long does it take to bake the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes?

The baking time for Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes is approximately 20-25 minutes.

4. Can I freeze the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes?

Yes, you can freeze the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes for up to 1 month. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap before freezing.

5. Do I need any special equipment to make the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes. A regular muffin tin and mixing bowls will suffice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefloretta
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yankeeinontario
  • kam