• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes Recipe from SB S/S '08 - Correct Cake Size?

In summary, the Jiffy mixes that are called for in the Season's Best recipes are the smaller box. They can be found at Wegmans, Breens, and Dollar Tree.
Chef Shari
I'm getting ready to make the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes (p.24) of the above Season's Best and was wondering if the 1 pkg (9 oz.) yellow cake was correct? I have a yellow cake mix on hand but it's an 18 oz. mix. Do they make 9 oz.? Obviously I can use half of what I have on hand, but it seems odd to me. Can anyone verify?

Thanks!

Yes, that is correct. A lot of the recipes call for the smaller box (which, for me, is hard to find). They are usually the Jiffy Brand. I always just split the regular size box or make a double batch.

I see you are in Fairport (I used to live in Henrietta & Palmyra years ago) - does Wegmans carry the Jiffy mixes?

How neat to see someone on here, who knows where my home town is. Yes, I have seen the Jiffy mixes at Wegmans and Breens.

Sometimes Dollar Tree carries them also. By the way these are my husband's favorite dessert!

Grandmarita said:
How neat to see someone on here, who knows where my home town is. Yes, I have seen the Jiffy mixes at Wegmans and Breens.

Didn't realize you were from Palmyra! I lived there for maybe 2 years in the early 90's. My husband grew up there. I met him when we both worked at Mobil (now Huntsman - or maybe something else now) in Macedon.

So good to see others that know where Fairport is and know about Wegmans. :) One of my favorite places. I've not ever heard of Breens... is that in Palmyra? At my show this afternoon the guests told me about Jiffy having yellow cake mix. I didn't realize that they made more than corn bread mix! That's one thing I love about doing shows... I learn tips too! The lemon cake recipe was delicious! I'll definitely do that again. I sold a lot of prep bowl sets today.

If you double it, you can do it in the fluted stone. I don't have 6 prep bowls, so I use this option. Not sure of the time frame, but it should be the same as the other microwave cakes in this piece of stoneware.

Intrepid_Chef said:
If you double it, you can do it in the fluted stone. I don't have 6 prep bowls, so I use this option. Not sure of the time frame, but it should be the same as the other microwave cakes in this piece of stoneware.

Great idea! I was even thinking that maybe it could be done in the Classic Batter Bowl and do a ring of lemon slices on the bottom of the CBB.

1. What ingredients do I need for this recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe are listed in the recipe card or on our website. To access the recipe online, simply search for "Recipe from Sb S/S '08" on our website and the ingredients will be listed under the instructions.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. However, we recommend using the listed ingredients for the best results.

3. How long does it take to prepare this recipe?

The preparation time for this recipe may vary depending on your cooking skills and the equipment you have available. On average, it takes about 30 minutes to prepare.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, this recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. We recommend following the storage and reheating instructions listed in the recipe to ensure the best taste and texture.

5. Are there any special tools or equipment needed for this recipe?

This recipe can be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, if you have specific Pampered Chef products, they can be used to make the recipe even easier and more efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kkimpinski
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • esavvymom