• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

9 Oz. Devils Food Cake Mix -- Can't Find?

In summary, the recipe calls for one and a half cups of a cake mix from an 18.25-pkg, and another recipe calls for the same amount of mix if you can't find the jiffy mix.
BeckyC5830
Just wanted to share with you that we can use 1-1/2 c. of Devil's Food Cake mix from an 18.25 pkg. I've been searching all over this week looking for a Jiffy mix and gave up and started searching for a new recipe. Then I looked at the new f/w S/B recipe for Mini-Chocolate Tiramisu Cakes and in the Cook's Tips it says we can use the above measurement in place of the 9 oz mix. I just hope I help someone else save some time from running all over looking for those Jiffy cake mixes!

Duncan Hines has one now too - they call it cupcake mix.

I'm fortunate that the Jiffy factory is very close to me - we can find Jiffy everywhere!

use to be able to find jiffy easier but all they have now is corn bread. I just took a regular mix and measured out half.

someone told me the 99cent stores have smaller mixes too, so maybe try there also... but i love the above suggestions cause I am not a searching shopper! lol

Cooks tips at bottom of recipe says to use 1 2/3 cups from reg cake mix if you can't find the jiffy

BeckyC5830 said:
Just wanted to share with you that we can use 1-1/2 c. of Devil's Food Cake mix from an 18.25 pkg. I've been searching all over this week looking for a Jiffy mix and gave up and started searching for a new recipe. Then I looked at the new f/w S/B recipe for Mini-Chocolate Tiramisu Cakes and in the Cook's Tips it says we can use the above measurement in place of the 9 oz mix. I just hope I help someone else save some time from running all over looking for those Jiffy cake mixes!

I've been able to find the yellow cake mix and have added cocoa to it and I've used 1/2 of a regular cake mix box before but thanks for pointing out that it's on the cooks tips - I'm glad it's there for our customers too. :thumbup:

just take a regular box of cake mix & divide it in half. Also there are 2 new recipes that call for it, as is the same for the yellow. Either save the other half for another time or make 2 different recipes....HTH

BeckyC5830 said:
pamperedlinda said:
Cooks tips at bottom of recipe says to use 1 2/3 cups from reg cake mix if you can't find the jiffy
So which measurement should I go by? I'm making a recipe that I don't want to double right now.

Made the tiramisu brownies this weekend, I just made double the recipe...did not catch the alternative....They were a hit and all were eaten!

I decided to double it. I really didn't want to, because I don't want to be tempted to eat 2 dozen cupcakes. ;) I also don't have enough of the Reese's Whips candy bars. Last time I tried to double them, I substituted the candy bar for another type and was disappointed. I LOVED them with the Reese's Whips, but the others not so much. For today's doubling, I decided to try Snickers Bars. We'll see how they turn out. At least one batch will be the way I like. :DETA: I'm making the Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes.

I have been focusing on the cooks tips at my shows. I point out that PC is aware you may not have our great spices, so they give you alternatives. Ex. the Bacon Artichoke Bites you can use pressed garlic and pepper instead. People like these kind of tips.

I just saw the Duncan Hines 9 oz cupcake box at CVS for $1.

I found the 9oz duncan hines devil food cake at my dollar store and walmart I also heard big lots sells them if you have one of those

I had no problem finding the Duncan Hines ones at any of my grocery stores here. They are just labeled Dozen cupcake mix or something odd like that. lol!

1. What ingredients are needed to make the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix?

The ingredients needed to make the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix are 1 egg, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.

2. Can I use milk instead of water when making the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix?

Yes, you can substitute milk for water when making the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix. This may result in a richer and creamier texture.

3. How long does it take to bake the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix?

The baking time for the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix may vary depending on your oven, but on average it takes about 25-30 minutes at 350°F.

4. Can I add additional ingredients to the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or even fruit to the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix to customize and enhance the flavor.

5. Can I use a different pan size for the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix?

Yes, you can use a different pan size for the 9 oz. Devils Food Cake Mix, but make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly. A larger pan may require a shorter baking time, while a smaller pan may require a longer baking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pckellyd
  • DebPC