• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

9Oz Cake Mix Idea: Lemon Cake/Carrot Cups

In summary, the Jiffy Mixes in the product locator can be found at most grocery stores. The chocolate cake mix is only available in some stores and the yellow cake mix is available in most stores.
kam
Staff member
I am not sure if this has been mentioned on the many threads about using the 9 oz cake mix for the Mock Lemon Mer Cake...

I don't have my SB with me, but I am thinking the Carrot Cups used a 9 oz box too. If this is so, then I am going to split the 18 oz box and use half for the Mock Lemon Cake and half for the Carrot Cups! Can anyone verify that they both use a 9oz box of yellow cake mix?

(Originally, I was planning on just doubling the recipe so I could use the 18 oz box and make the 2nd torte and just freeze it for later. But, I don't have room right now in the freezer. )

See, this is what I sit and think about at work!! ;)

Yes, they do both call for the 9 oz cake mix... Great idea to make both! I'll be the carrot cakes would freeze well and not take up too much room.... not sure about the filling though, might want to put them on just before serving rather than freeze it...

The Gooey Chocolate Mini Cakes in the SBRC also call for a Jiffy-size cake mix, but a chocolate one.

Hmmm, there's an interesting side-job idea!

I could buy Jiffy cake mixes by the case, and re-sell them!:D:D:D

JUST KIDDING!

But - I guess if a cluster wanted to go in on a case, I could look into buying a case at Meijers and shipping it to someone. (for cost - not for profit!)

Meijer has online shopping. A cluster could easily order a case online. Amazon even has online groceries.http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gro_0_11?url=search-alias%3Dgrocery&field-keywords=jiffy+cake+mix&sprefix=jiffy+cake+'s the Amazon page with Jiffy mixes.
And, shoot. Meijer doesn't have Jiffy mixes online.
Jiffy Mix itself does have a http://productlocator.infores.com/productlocator/resources/9/KEGP/keg.pli?client=CHML, though One can search for nearby stores that carry a specific product.

The filling for the carrot cakes gets too thick to work with if you make it ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze it. The cakes would be fine to freeze I think.

chefann said:
Jiffy Mix itself does have a http://productlocator.infores.com/productlocator/resources/9/KEGP/keg.pli?client=CHML, though One can search for nearby stores that carry a specific product.

Darn it. 215 miles to the closest store (NC)that carries the chocolate cake mix. White cake mix I'd have to go to Cincinnati for (360 miles). The local Publix appears to carry the yellow cake mix though.

NooraK said:
Darn it. 215 miles to the closest store (NC)that carries the chocolate cake mix. White cake mix I'd have to go to Cincinnati for (360 miles). The local Publix appears to carry the yellow cake mix though.

You might consider ordering a case of the chocolate from Amazon with your clustermates. If you plan to make the cakes at all your shows in a given month, then that's 4-6 used right there. :) And then if all your customers request that the local groceries stock them, the stores just might start!

:chef: ChefAnn, Thank you for sharing these tools! I just found the Jiffy mixes at a SuperK near me. I never would have found it with the Jiffy product locator! :D Thank you Thank you Thank you

Sometimes I think you can also find them at dollar stores.

chefann said:
You might consider ordering a case of the chocolate from Amazon with your clustermates. If you plan to make the cakes at all your shows in a given month, then that's 4-6 used right there. :) And then if all your customers request that the local groceries stock them, the stores just might start!
Also - if you have a local store that carries one type of Jiffy Mix - even if it's just Jiffy Baking Mix, then they most likely have access to ordering the other mixes. I know that most grocery stores in my area, if asked, will do special orders if you order a case.

1. What are the ingredients needed for the lemon cake/carrot cups using the 9oz cake mix?

The ingredients needed for the lemon cake are 9oz cake mix (lemon flavor), 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup water. For the carrot cups, you will need 9oz cake mix (carrot flavor), 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup water, and 1 cup grated carrots.

2. Can I use a different type of oil for the lemon cake/carrot cups?

Yes, you can use any type of oil you prefer. However, vegetable oil is recommended for the best results.

3. How many servings does the 9oz cake mix make?

The 9oz cake mix typically makes 12 servings. This may vary depending on the size of the cupcakes or muffins.

4. Can I add additional ingredients to the lemon cake/carrot cups?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients such as nuts, raisins, or coconut flakes for added flavor and texture.

5. How long does it take to bake the lemon cake/carrot cups using the 9oz cake mix?

The baking time may vary depending on your oven, but typically it takes around 20-25 minutes at 350°F (175°C) for the cupcakes or muffins to be fully cooked. It is best to check with a toothpick inserted in the center to see if it comes out clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• phun2cook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pckellyd
  • esavvymom