• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Carrot Cake cups--EAD question

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Now that I finally own the East Accent Decorator, I'm trying to find ways to use it. Is the Mini Carrot Cake cups an example of a recipe that would be suitable to use it--for the cream topping part?

Also, has anyone made these cups before? Can I make them completely today and keep them in the fridge and have them be okay for lunch time tomorrow? Or should I just bake the cake part today and wait to make the filling tomorrow?

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
When I've made the mini-carrot cakes (or mini-pumpkin cakes, which I think tasted better!), I did refrigerate them (icing and all) and they were just fine the next day....in fact, I thought they tasted better..but that's just my humble opinion.

:D

cookingwithdot

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2009
Yes, you can use the easy accent decorator to fill them & yes you can bake them before & refrigerate. Check the cake box size you are using. If you use the whole box, it's usually twice the amount of cake mix you need .... eithrer cut it in half or be prepared to have a DRY mix. It does work, I've done it both ways! One of my fav recipes! The filling is soooo yummy!!!

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
You know Dottie, I used the 9oz pkg of cake mix and still found them to be dry. I used the Jiffy mix because it is the only one I know for sure that is 9oz. I was planning on making them again with a Betty Crocker mix and just double everything else. I LOVED the icing though. YUM!

loreo

Banned
Nov 24, 2008
FYI- you can also use canned cream cheese frosting in the EAD. Works great then sprinkle with caramel sprinkles.

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
You can also use the EAD when making deviled eggs. It makes filling the eggs a snap, and they look so fancy!

Years ago, (before becoming a consultant) I bought the EAD soley for the purpose of making deviled eggs! No wasted filling and they look beautiful. For me, it was worth owning for that purpose only! (Of course, now, I use it for other things!).

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Thanks everyone. My first experience with the EAD didn't go so great, so I wanted a recipe that I knew people had success with. I'm glad the EAD worked well for this. It turned out really nice. I hate using plastic baggies because I've had the seams bust on me before. The recipe for the Mini Carrot Cake cups was perfect. It was just the right amount to fill the EAD one time, and that was even more than enough to fill all the cups. They looked really nice. I think the first time I tried the EAD, I had it filled with too thick of an icing and so it just didn't work well. Now I know better what type of consistency works.

Now I want to try other things with the EAD. Unfortunately, I hate deviled eggs, so I'll have to do other recipes.