1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mini Carrot Cake cups--EAD question

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Now that I finally own the East Accent Decorator, I'm trying to find ways to use it. Is the Mini Carrot Cake cups an example of a recipe that would be suitable to use it--for the cream topping part?

Also, has anyone made these cups before? Can I make them completely today and keep them in the fridge and have them be okay for lunch time tomorrow? Or should I just bake the cake part today and wait to make the filling tomorrow?

Dec 14, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

When I've made the mini-carrot cakes (or mini-pumpkin cakes, which I think tasted better!), I did refrigerate them (icing and all) and they were just fine the next day....in fact, I thought they tasted better..but that's just my humble opinion.

:D

Dec 14, 2009
  3. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

Yes, you can use the easy accent decorator to fill them & yes you can bake them before & refrigerate. Check the cake box size you are using. If you use the whole box, it's usually twice the amount of cake mix you need .... eithrer cut it in half or be prepared to have a DRY mix. It does work, I've done it both ways! One of my fav recipes! The filling is soooo yummy!!!

4. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

You know Dottie, I used the 9oz pkg of cake mix and still found them to be dry. I used the Jiffy mix because it is the only one I know for sure that is 9oz. I was planning on making them again with a Betty Crocker mix and just double everything else. I LOVED the icing though. YUM!

Dec 14, 2009
  5. loreo

loreo Banned

FYI- you can also use canned cream cheese frosting in the EAD. Works great then sprinkle with caramel sprinkles.

Dec 14, 2009
  6. lovecookn

lovecookn Member Gold Member

How do you do it w/ pumpkin???

Dec 14, 2009
  7. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

That sounds easier, I've got to try it!

Dec 14, 2009
  8. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

You can also use the EAD when making deviled eggs. It makes filling the eggs a snap, and they look so fancy!

9. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Years ago, (before becoming a consultant) I bought the EAD soley for the purpose of making deviled eggs! No wasted filling and they look beautiful. For me, it was worth owning for that purpose only! (Of course, now, I use it for other things!).

Dec 16, 2009
  10. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks everyone. My first experience with the EAD didn't go so great, so I wanted a recipe that I knew people had success with. I'm glad the EAD worked well for this. It turned out really nice. I hate using plastic baggies because I've had the seams bust on me before. The recipe for the Mini Carrot Cake cups was perfect. It was just the right amount to fill the EAD one time, and that was even more than enough to fill all the cups. They looked really nice. I think the first time I tried the EAD, I had it filled with too thick of an icing and so it just didn't work well. Now I know better what type of consistency works.

Now I want to try other things with the EAD. Unfortunately, I hate deviled eggs, so I'll have to do other recipes.

Dec 16, 2009
Have something to add?