• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fat Free Cream Cheese in Mini Carrot Cakes?

In summary, fat free cream cheese can be used in mini carrot cakes without affecting the taste or texture of the dessert. It may slightly alter the texture but can still result in a moist and fluffy cake when used in correct proportions. Other types of cream cheese can also be substituted, but adjustments may need to be made. There may be a slight difference in taste between fat free and regular cream cheese, but with proper mixing, it should be similar. Mini carrot cakes made with fat free cream cheese should be stored in the refrigerator and can last up to 3-4 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
ChefJoyJ
When DH went grocery shopping for me :)love:), I included the ingredients for the mini carrot cakes. I said he could pick up light cream cheese, so he came home with fat free cream cheese. Before I make them with it, I wondered had anyone tried it with FF cream cheese. Will it hold up okay? Should I just go to the store and get some light cream cheese or regular instead?

ChefJoyJ said:
When DH went grocery shopping for me :)love:), I included the ingredients for the mini carrot cakes. I said he could pick up light cream cheese, so he came home with fat free cream cheese. Before I make them with it, I wondered had anyone tried it with FF cream cheese. Will it hold up okay? Should I just go to the store and get some light cream cheese or regular instead?

It should be fine, since you are mixing it with other things....

Be careful not to overmix...sometimes the FF cream cheese will seperate and be really lumpy if you overmix.

On its own, FF cream cheese is pretty nasty. But I think it'll be OK in frosting, since you're combining it with sugar and butter. Which defeats the purpose of having FF. ;)

chefann said:
On its own, FF cream cheese is pretty nasty. But I think it'll be OK in frosting, since you're combining it with sugar and butter. Which defeats the purpose of having FF. ;)

LOL! Good point! :D

My theory is that it'll cut down on some of the additional fat and calories. I've lost all my baby weight from baby #2...now on to losing all my baby weight from baby #1. 22 pounds down...23 more to go! :rolleyes:

1. Can I use fat free cream cheese in my mini carrot cakes recipe?

Yes, fat free cream cheese can be used in mini carrot cakes without compromising the taste or texture of the dessert. It is a healthier alternative to regular cream cheese and can still provide the same creamy and tangy flavor.

2. How does fat free cream cheese affect the overall texture of the mini carrot cakes?

Fat free cream cheese may slightly alter the texture of the mini carrot cakes, as it has less fat content compared to regular cream cheese. However, it should still result in a moist and fluffy cake as long as it is used in the correct proportions and mixed well with the other ingredients.

3. Can I substitute fat free cream cheese with another type of cream cheese?

Yes, you can substitute fat free cream cheese with reduced fat or full-fat cream cheese in your mini carrot cakes recipe. However, keep in mind that the fat content and texture may differ, so adjust the amount accordingly.

4. Is there a significant difference in taste between fat free and regular cream cheese in mini carrot cakes?

There may be a slight difference in taste between fat free and regular cream cheese in mini carrot cakes, as the fat content can affect the richness and tanginess of the cream cheese. However, with the right balance of other ingredients and proper mixing, the taste should be similar.

5. How should I store mini carrot cakes made with fat free cream cheese?

Mini carrot cakes made with fat free cream cheese should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last for 3-4 days when properly stored. If you are planning to freeze them, wrap each cake individually in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bakinwithbacon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies