1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fat free cream cheese in mini carrot cakes?

1. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

When DH went grocery shopping for me :)love:), I included the ingredients for the mini carrot cakes. I said he could pick up light cream cheese, so he came home with fat free cream cheese. Before I make them with it, I wondered had anyone tried it with FF cream cheese. Will it hold up okay? Should I just go to the store and get some light cream cheese or regular instead?

Aug 10, 2009
  2. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

It should be fine, since you are mixing it with other things....

Aug 10, 2009
  3. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

Be careful not to overmix...sometimes the FF cream cheese will seperate and be really lumpy if you overmix.

Aug 10, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

On its own, FF cream cheese is pretty nasty. But I think it'll be OK in frosting, since you're combining it with sugar and butter. Which defeats the purpose of having FF. ;)

Aug 10, 2009
  5. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

LOL! Good point! :D

My theory is that it'll cut down on some of the additional fat and calories. I've lost all my baby weight from baby #2...now on to losing all my baby weight from baby #1. 22 pounds down...23 more to go! :rolleyes:

Aug 10, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted