• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Find Substitutions for Goat Cheese and Cake Flour in Recipes

In summary, cream cheese can be used as a substitute for goat cheese in most recipes, but the taste and texture may be slightly different. All-purpose flour can also be used as a substitute for cake flour, but the measurements will need to be adjusted. For dairy-free options, cashew cheese, almond cheese, or tofu-based cheese can be used, but they may alter the taste and texture of the dish. Almond flour is not a suitable substitute for cake flour. Feta cheese can be used as a substitute for goat cheese, but it has a stronger flavor that may change the taste of the dish.
pcjulie
I could not find goat cheese at my grocery store for the onion tart recipe. Do you think I could substitute cream cheese?

Also, I want to try the flatbread recipe and could not find cake flour (and the bakery was closed for the night). Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

You CAN sub cream cheese for goat cheese...it is not a sharp tasting but it will work. We used that in the whatchamacalit recipe last spring...someone help me...the canape breads with various toppings - why can't I think of the word?

The cake flour is located near the regular flour, but it is in a box. Most average sized grocery stores carry it.

Yeah my cake flour is made by Swan's and the box is red...

dannyzmom said:
You CAN sub cream cheese for goat cheese...it is not a sharp tasting but it will work. We used that in the whatchamacalit recipe last spring...someone help me...the canape breads with various toppings - why can't I think of the word?

Tapas!! I will never forget these. When she made the announcement about them at Leadership conference a few of us thought she was saying, "Tempting Topless". :p We were cracking up!! Everyone was like, "you don't want to see me topless chopping NOTHING!"

Ahhhhh....good times, good times!

Thank you! I will keep looking for the cake flour!

Wal-mart, Giant and Weis all carry it. It is usually on the top shelf and I believe it is in a red box.

1. Can I substitute cream cheese for goat cheese in a recipe?

Yes, cream cheese can be used as a substitute for goat cheese in most recipes. However, keep in mind that the taste and texture will be slightly different.

2. Can I use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour?

Yes, all-purpose flour can be used as a substitute for cake flour. However, for every cup of cake flour, you will need to use 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.

3. Is there a dairy-free alternative for goat cheese?

Yes, there are several dairy-free alternatives for goat cheese such as cashew cheese, almond cheese, or tofu-based cheese. These substitutes may alter the taste and texture of the dish slightly.

4. Can I use almond flour instead of cake flour?

No, almond flour is not a suitable substitute for cake flour as it has a different texture and may not provide the same results in baked goods.

5. Can I use feta cheese as a substitute for goat cheese?

Yes, feta cheese can be used as a substitute for goat cheese in some recipes. However, it has a stronger flavor so it may alter the taste of the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • momoftwins
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies