• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried an Onion Goat Cheese Tart?

In summary, Schel recommends using less fresh herbs and using a stronger cheese in the Savory Cheese Crostini recipe.
schel
Quick question...
Has anyone made the Three Onion Goat Cheese Tart?
How does it taste?
I am making it for a show tonight and tried a small bite of the goat cheese and I hope it tastes better in the whole recipe.
Any suggestions; comments?
Schel

I made it this weekend and I LOVE it!! My whole family loved it too. :)

I will eat darn near anything, but I do not like goat cheese! It has a strong taste to me. The Savory Cheese Crostini calls for half goat cheese and half cream cheese. After trying half and half the first time, I tried all cream cheese the second time and loved them!

I made it but used cream cheese instead of the goat. I found it too sweet though because cream cheese isn't very flavourful and it's kinda sweet. If I were to make it again with cream cheese, I'd add salt - like 1 teaspoon - to enhance the salty/sweet combination.

I like goat cheese, I just didn't have any on hand when I made it!

Well... I just can't serve it if I wont eat it either...so...
I had a small piece of it and YUM!

I didn't have fresh thyme, due to the grocery store was out of it so I used dry and think maybe it was a little too much, but next time maybe a little less or non.

Thats a good thought about the cream cheese. Maybe add a little egg yolk from the egg you need for the egg white part to the cream cheese to make the cream cheese firm up a little like a cream cheese won ton. You know?

Also a lot cheaper than goat cheese. I'll have to give it a try and let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks for such quick input, I knew I could rely on everyone here!
You all are great.

Schel

Herb tip:When a recipe calls for fresh herbs and you can get them. Dry is fine but use 1/2 the amount. Because of the drying process the flavor is enhanced to almost double that of fresh herbs.
As far as goat cheese goes, try it that way. I am not fond of it either but with the onions, bacon and the tyme, it was actually very good.

Yeah, that is a good point. The crostini recipe only had the cheeses plus, garlic and Italian seasoning. Not much to help cover up the flavor there!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make an Onion Goat Cheese Tart?

To make an Onion Goat Cheese Tart, you will need:

• 1 sheet of puff pastry
  • 2 large onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream

2. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of goat cheese?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese such as feta, brie, or even shredded mozzarella. However, the flavor and texture may differ from the original recipe.

3. How do I prevent the crust from getting soggy?

To prevent the crust from getting soggy, make sure to poke holes in the pastry with a fork before adding the filling. This will allow steam to escape and help the crust to stay crispy. You can also pre-bake the crust for a few minutes before adding the filling.

4. Can I make the Onion Goat Cheese Tart ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the tart ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. This is a great option for parties or gatherings as it saves time on the day of the event.

5. How do I store leftover Onion Goat Cheese Tart?

If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the tart in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dcypcar.chef
  • momoftwins
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
Admin Greg