• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Blt Mac & Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta ?

In summary, the BLT Mac & Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta includes whole wheat pasta, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, and seasonings. While it is a healthier option with the addition of vegetables, it still contains bacon and cheese which should be consumed in moderation. This recipe can be customized with different ingredients such as turkey bacon or additional veggies, and it takes about 25 minutes to make. It can also be made ahead of time and reheated, but the texture of the pasta may change slightly.
kam
Staff member
Has anyone made the BLT mac & cheese (from 29 Min to Dinner Cookbook) using whole wheat/grain pasta?

I have never made this and have just rec'd some leeks so I think I'd like to make this for dinner tonight, but I would really like to use whole wheat/grain pasta.

Since whole wheat pasta takes longer I was wondering if the recipe needed to be altered at all.

Thanks!

This is one of our favorite meals, but I've never made it with ww pasta. I don't think there would be a problem with it though. In step 4 where you cook 5-7 minutes after putting in the leeks, just cook until the pasta is done.Shari in TX

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the 29 Min to Dinner Cookbook, so I cannot give specific instructions for that recipe. However, in general, you can use whole wheat or grain pasta in place of regular pasta in most mac and cheese recipes without needing to make any adjustments to the recipe itself. The only difference may be in the cooking time - whole wheat pasta typically takes a few minutes longer to cook than regular pasta, so you may need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time listed in the recipe. Just keep an eye on the pasta and test it for doneness before adding it to the mac and cheese.

1. What ingredients are included in the BLT Mac & Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta?

The BLT Mac & Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta includes whole wheat pasta, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, and seasonings.

2. Is the BLT Mac & Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta a healthy option?

While the whole wheat pasta and added vegetables make this dish a healthier choice, it still contains bacon and cheese which should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.

3. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the BLT Mac & Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta?

Yes, you can customize this recipe to your preferences. You can use turkey bacon or omit it altogether for a vegetarian option. You can also use different types of cheese or add additional veggies, such as spinach or bell peppers.

4. How long does it take to make the BLT Mac & Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta?

The total time for this recipe is about 25 minutes, including preparation and cooking time. However, this may vary depending on individual cooking skills and equipment.

5. Can I make the BLT Mac & Cheese Whole Wheat Pasta ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or microwave. Keep in mind that the texture of the pasta may change slightly upon reheating, but it will still be delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies