• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone heard of a Earthquake Cake ?

Mar 10, 2012
Hi ! I bake for the American Legion in my town and I bake a wonderful chocolate cake called " Chocolate Earthquake Cake". I also do a strawberry one. It's a chocolate cake with a nut and coconut base, cream cheeese filling and a moist chocolate at the botoom and top of the 9x 13 stone. The strawberry one I put fresh strawberries in the cream cheese filling with a white cake mix substituted for the chocolate cake and only coconut at the bottom of the cake. I just got my DCB and I'm going to experiment with this recipe in the microwave. If I can do it in the microwave I'll let you know. this cake is so good baked in the 9x13 stone, tastes like a homemade cake!:chef:

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Oh please let us know how it turns out. Either way, would you be willing to post the recipe? :D

RossDeb2

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2006
Ohhhhhh. Please post the recipes...especially the Strawberry one (allergic to chocolate). It sounds so good.Yum!!! Though, maybe i can sub white chocolate in for the regular chocolate???

Mar 10, 2012
I'll dig the cookbook and post both of these recipes. Now with the strawberry one I use Duncan Hines and I use milk instead of water and the whole eggs. It's more like a homemade cake instead of a box. That's what I do when I did wedding cakes.

Mar 10, 2012
Happy Easter! Here's the recipe! Please try and let me know how you all like it !

Chocolate Earthquake Cake 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts 2 cups coconut 1 18 0z. chocolate cake mix 1 8oz. soft cream cheese 1 stick melted butter 4 cups powdered sugar Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 by 13 well. Spread pecans on bottom of 9x 13 baking stone. Sprinkle the coconut on top. Prepare chocolate cake mix according to directions and set aside. Beat together cream cheese, butter, and powered sugar, add a little vanilla. Pour 1/2 of cake mix on top of nut mixture. Pour all of cream cheese mixture on top, don't put too close to edge. Pour rest of cake mix on top. Can add chocolate chips on top also. Bake for 1 hour check middle. Strawberry Earthquake Cake Make white cake mix but I substitute milk for water and add whole eggs instead of white and add the oil if the box calls for it. Also a little almond extract and vanilla I add. Set aside. Strawberry Filling: Mix together 1 cup crushed strawberries, 1 1/4 cup powered sugar, 1 8 oz. cream cheese soft`. Grease 9 by 13 b. stone . Sprinkle with 1 cup coconut. Pour 1/2 of cake mix over it. Pour strawberry filling on top, keeping the mixture away from edges a little. pour rest of white batter over it. Bake 1 hour. Cool. When I serve this I top with some fresh crushed strawberries on top and a dallop of whipped cream. Variation of Chocolate Earthquake is with almond cake, white chips and macadamia nuts. I've never tryed this. The strawberry version looks like a fancy version of strawberry shortcake and is delicious! GEt ready for a ton of compliments. Enjoy!

RossDeb2

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2006
Sounds delish! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Thanks so much for sharing it! It sounds so good, I can't wait to try it! :)

Mar 10, 2012
Your welcome! I hope it turns out good for you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views