• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simply Sweet Cookbook: Lemon Pucker Cake

In summary, the Lemon Pucker Cake recipe calls for yellow cake mix, lemon pudding mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil, lemon juice, and powdered sugar for the glaze. It takes approximately 35-40 minutes to bake in a 9x13 inch pan. The recipe can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free cake and pudding mixes, and it can also be made with fresh lemons instead of lemon juice. The cake can be frozen by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and storing it in a freezer-safe container.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm making the Lemon Pucker Cake from the Simply Sweet Cookbook tomorrow. The first step says to use dry bread crumbs to line the pan. Is there a good substitute if I don't have bread crumbs? I have 100% whole wheat bread I could put in the food processor if I need to but wanted to check.

It also call for 2/3 cup of blanched almonds which you grind up to make almond flour. I already have almond flour, does anyone know how much almond flour I should use for this?

TIA!

First, if you have almond flour, I would use that to line the pan.

Second...Do you have a kitchen scale and some almonds? If you do, what I would do is weigh the 2/3 cup of almonds, and then use that same weight in almond flour.

(I use LOTS of almond flour at my house!)

Ooh, I like that idea better than lining with with bread crumbs. I don't have a kitchen scale though, sold my in earlier this year. I'll just do from whole almonds and not worry about it.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Lemon Pucker Cake?

The ingredients for the Lemon Pucker Cake include: yellow cake mix, lemon pudding mix, eggs, water, vegetable oil, lemon juice, and powdered sugar for the glaze.

2. How long does it take to bake the Lemon Pucker Cake?

The Lemon Pucker Cake will take approximately 35-40 minutes to bake in a 9x13 inch pan.

3. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using a gluten-free yellow cake mix and pudding mix. Make sure to double check all ingredients for any hidden sources of gluten.

4. Can I use fresh lemons instead of lemon juice?

Yes, you can use fresh lemons instead of lemon juice. Simply squeeze the juice from the fresh lemons and use the same amount as indicated in the recipe.

5. Can I freeze the Lemon Pucker Cake?

Yes, you can freeze the Lemon Pucker Cake. Make sure to let it cool completely before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and placing it in a freezer-safe container. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • Oracle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • kam