• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Orleans King Cake on Large Stone

In summary, the recipe calls for rolling, tucking and pressing Crescent Roll Cakes together to form an oval shape, then decorating with colored sugar.
thefoodking
Gold Member
Ingredients:
2 pkgs refrigerated Crescent Rolls
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese (softened)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla or Almond extract
1 cup (or more to taste) pie filling of your choice in a can

GLAZE:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk

Colored sugar (purple green and gold for Mardi Gras, or pastel colors for spring, red and green for Christmas, Black and Gold for the Superbowl Champion New Orleans Saints!!!, etc)

Using large Pampered Chef Bar Pan, arrange crescent rolls (points outward) slightly overlapping each other. Crescent rolls should form an oval shape in the middle of the Bar Pan, with the long pointed ends hanging off of the Bar pan by about 2 or 3 inches. Sprinkle lightly with flour or powdeed sugar using the Pampered Chef Flour/Sugar Shaker. Seal overlapped crescent rolls using PC Baker's Roller.

Prepare softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla or almond extract in Classic Batter Bowl, and mix until smooth using the Stainless Whisk. Spread mixture onto center of crescent rollls using the Classic Scraper. Generously spread pie filling on top of cream cheese mixture using the Small Scoop.

Fold over the long pointed ends toward the middle, tucking the point under about 1/2 inch and press the pointed end into the center of the crescent roll. Once you have all of the long pointed ends folded over, you should have an oval cake. You may or may not see the filling between the long pointed ends you folded over (depending on how much space you left the individual crescent rolls when you first put them on the Bar Pan).

Sprinke colored sugar on top of the cake, alternating colors as you desire (i.e. Black, Gold, Black, Gold) Bake at 350 until golden brown (approximately 20 or 25 minutes). Remove from oven and show everyone at the party. Not only will it smell simply wonderful, it will look great too! Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes.

Drizzle glaze over cake and serve.

Colored sugar for people like me who had no idea how to color sugar.

1 cup sugar in a zip lock bag. Add a few drops of your favorite color food coloring, mixing as you see fit to make whatever color you want. Seal the zip lock bag and begin squeezing and mixing the sugar. The food coloring will not clump the sugar, but will turn it to whatever color you want.

I LOOOOOOVE king cake and never thought about doing it with crescent rolls! The recipe I have requires rising and waiting and rolling and punching, LOL!! I'll definitely give this one a try! Thanks for sharing!

This sounds great, I'm going to try it on my family next weekend. Thanks!

Hey Foodking...Who is your director?

Hi there!

I love this recipe, it's perfect for any occasion and so easy to make using our Pampered Chef products. I especially love the tip for coloring sugar, I had no idea it was that simple! I can't wait to try this out for my next party, I know it will be a hit with my guests.

I also love that you can switch up the flavors of the pie filling to make it perfect for any season or holiday. I think I'll try it with apple pie filling for Thanksgiving, and maybe cherry for Valentine's Day. The possibilities are endless!

Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe and all the helpful tips. I'll definitely be making this soon! Happy cooking!

1. What is a New Orleans King Cake?

A New Orleans King Cake is a traditional dessert that is typically served during Mardi Gras season in New Orleans, Louisiana. It is a circular-shaped cake made from a sweet dough and filled with a cinnamon sugar mixture. It is then topped with a glaze and decorated with purple, green, and gold sprinkles.

2. How is the Large Stone used to make the King Cake?

The Large Stone from Pampered Chef is the perfect tool for making a New Orleans King Cake. It is a large, stoneware baking sheet that helps evenly distribute heat for a perfectly baked cake. It also has a non-stick surface, making it easy to remove the cake from the pan without it sticking.

3. Can the Large Stone be used to make other desserts besides King Cake?

Yes, the Large Stone is a versatile baking tool that can be used for a variety of desserts, including cookies, brownies, and even pizzas. Its non-stick surface and even heat distribution make it a great choice for any baked good.

4. How long does it take to bake a New Orleans King Cake on the Large Stone?

The baking time for a King Cake on the Large Stone will vary depending on your oven and the size of the cake. However, on average, it takes about 25-30 minutes to bake a King Cake on the Large Stone. It is important to check the cake periodically and adjust the baking time as needed.

5. Do I need to season the Large Stone before using it for the first time?

No, the Large Stone does not need to be seasoned before use. However, it is recommended to wash it with warm, soapy water before using it for the first time. This will remove any residue from the manufacturing process and ensure a clean baking surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies