• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lemon Cookies From Busy Mom's Cookbook

you're not supposed to preheat the stoneware. You could preheat the stone, but you're not supposed to put the dough on it. You're supposed to put it on a baking sheet. I preheat my stones in the oven before I bake my cookies.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I think there was a cookbook a long time ago with a recipe for
Lemon Cookes that used a Lemon cake mix, lemon zest etc.
Does anyone have that recipe and if so, could you post it here?
TIA

Sorry, I just checked and there is nothing like that in Busy Mom's or Food, Family and Friends - there is a lemon sugar cookie but it is just a sugar cookie with lemon added.

On the side of some of the lemon cake mixes, Duncan Hines I believe, there is a recipe that I've used for sometime. When I get home tomorrow I will post it.

Carol

I've made a similar recipe to this one...
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Lemon-Cake-Cookies-with-Icing/Detail.aspx

Thanks everyone! I appreciate this! My kids love lemon anything and it's always a refreshing taste. Thanks!

I'm out of Lemon Cake Mixes but it is on the side of the Pillsbury mixes. It's easy to make and very good.

Powdered Sunshine Kisses
Ingredients:
1 package (18-19 ounces) lemon cake mix
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil

2 tablespoons water
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
Powdered sugar
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine cake mix, egg, oil, and water in Classic Batter Bowl; stir with Mix 'N Scraper® until thoroughly combined. Mixture will be slightly dry.
2. Chop nuts with Food Chopper. Transfer nuts to Batter Bowl using Handy Scraper; mix well. Using Small Scoop drop level scoops of dough 2 inches apart onto flat Baking Stone.
3. Bake 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes on Baking Stone; remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Cool completely. Fill Flour/Sugar Shaker with powdered sugar. Sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar.
Yield: 3 dozen

I've never baked cookies on my single Large Bar Pan ... so tell me, after baking the initial batch, letting them cool on the rack for 3-5 minutes, then letting the bar pan cool down completely (to room temp), is the cookie dough still fresh enough to give the cookies a lift in the oven? Seems like baking multiple batches on a single bar pan is time intensive and wonder if the last batch baked is as successful as the first batch?

RMDave said:
I've never baked cookies on my single Large Bar Pan ... so tell me, after baking the initial batch, letting them cool on the rack for 3-5 minutes, then letting the bar pan cool down completely (to room temp), is the cookie dough still fresh enough to give the cookies a lift in the oven? Seems like baking multiple batches on a single bar pan is time intensive and wonder if the last batch baked is as successful as the first batch?

I use a couple sheets of parchment paper - when I take one batch out of the oven, I slide them off the bar pan, and onto a rack, then slide the next batch (already on the parchment) onto the bar pan, and pop it back in the oven. The first batch, you have to bake a couple minutes longer, but with the next batches, because the stone is already heated, you bake for the set amount of time on the recipe.

Not sure why you think you have to let it cool back to room temp?

I don't think the recipe refers to cooling the LBP before the next batch. I think it refers to cooling the cookies completely before sprinkling them with powdered sugar. I never cool my stone between batches of cookies. The only difference is that the subsequent batches will be done a minute or two faster than the first (since the stone is already hot).

I thought we weren't supposed to ever preheat any of the stoneware. I'll give it a try and if the barpan cracks, I'll tell the nice people at the Solution Center to talk with you folks <g>

Have you made the Lemon Drop cookies from the new dessert cookbook?? :) The daughter calls them "a little taste of heaven". :) SOOOO YUMMY!!! I can post the recipe if you need it. And they are pretty easy to make.

cookingwithdot said:
Have you made the Lemon Drop cookies from the new dessert cookbook?? :) The daughter calls them "a little taste of heaven". :) SOOOO YUMMY!!! I can post the recipe if you need it. And they are pretty easy to make.

Post away. Thanks so much, Dot!

rinakay said:
Using Small Scoop drop level scoops of dough 2 inches apart onto flat Baking Stone.

Drat, I only have the baking stones with the large humps in the middle. And here I wanted to make these cookies in the morning.

:(

RMDave said:
I thought we weren't supposed to ever preheat any of the stoneware. I'll give it a try and if the barpan cracks, I'll tell the nice people at the Solution Center to talk with you folks <g>

There isn't anything that says we're not supposed to pre-heat the stones. It's just not necessary to do so for them to work properly. What you have to watch out for is extreme temperature changes. That's why you don't want to put something frozen directly in the oven (except pre-cooked items like nuggets and fries). Putting room temperature cookie dough on a stone that's been in the oven isn't going to be a drastic enough temperature change (especially if you cover the stone evenly) to cause thermal shock.

Thanks Noora for straightening me out.(Not in that way) :)

RMDave said:
Thanks Noora for straightening me out.

(Not in that way) :)

I wouldn't expect to be able to ;)

Well as long as you don't have false expectations, all will be well LOL

1. How many cookies does the recipe yield?

The recipe for Lemon Cookies from Busy Mom's Cookbook yields approximately 2 dozen cookies.

2. Can I use fresh lemon juice instead of bottled lemon juice?

Yes, you can use fresh lemon juice instead of bottled lemon juice for a more fresh and tangy flavor.

3. Are these cookies suitable for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, these cookies are suitable for people with dietary restrictions as they are vegan and can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free flour.

4. How long do these cookies stay fresh?

If stored in an airtight container, these cookies can stay fresh for up to 5 days at room temperature.

5. Can I freeze the cookie dough for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for later use. Just make sure to thaw it in the fridge before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sushimommy
  • cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • wadesgirl