• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Need Urgent Help//Party Tomorrow!!!!

I think I will make it in the oven with the square baker then.The oven would probably be the best option. You said that your cake always comes out soggy, so maybe you could try using a different cake mix?
amorris
:eek:I asked my host to pick one from a few covered baker recipes and I have promised her that I will showcase it for her. She emailed me today with the recipe for VERY BERRY KUCHEN. I looked it up tonight and it is NOT a baker recipe or a microwave recipe. Does anyone know if the following recipe can be done in the baker/in the microwave?????

Very Berry Kuchen
Ingredients:
13/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
2 cups (any combination) berries such as raspberries, blueberries or blackberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray Square Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour and brown sugar in large bowl. Cut in butter using Pastry Blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add baking powder, cinnamon and salt to remaining flour mixture. In small bowl, whisk egg and milk; add to flour mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.

2. Pour batter into baker; sprinkle with berries and reserved flour mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; serve warm.

I would tell her to pick one you sent. Or at the very least, make this yourself lickety split! :) Going in blind could be a disaster! Or what about suggesting our Apple Cherry Crisp?? :) Sounds similar.View attachment apple cherry crisp.pdf

I am going to refer to the first sentence of your post which said "I asked my host to pick one from a few covered baker recipes" which she obviously didn't do. Have you tried to find something similar in the DCB recipes to offer up to her that you know work? I don't know if I can help you here, but I have heard that you can bake a cake from scratch in the micro and it still tastes delicious but I would hate to experiment at my show. Hopefully someone else can help you further. I personally would ask her to select a different recipe that I might find that is similar.

LOL Dottie and I were thinking the same thing she just writes fast than me!!!

I forgot to add the most important part. This host has had several seizures and is a bit cognitively delayed. Telling her to change the recipe this quickly could send her into a panic. It took her two weeks to find this recipe (I still dont know how she found it). I may just need to run out in the morning, pick up the supplies and try to do it at home in the microwave. If that does not work....I can just make it in the oven (with the DCB instead of the square baker)????? Right.

I think you should try the baker in the microwave following the recipe for the Apple Cherry Crisp. :)

the apple crisp in All The Best is SOOOOO easy! Made it today at a show and YUMMY!!!!!

Since truly the microwave abilities is a huge selling point ie saving time and not heating the kitchen also-I would change the recipe. Just explain that it wasn't one of the recipes you had tried yet so you wanted to do one that you knew how it would turn out-but as close to her desired recipe as possible.

Maybe find a way to make it more "dump cake" like....like using box yellow cake mix, and still using the berries she wants? I had a party for my mom and she doesn't like cherries - so we actually used crushed pineapple and canned blueberries w/ the cake mix! It turned out delicious and I sold 6 DCB's at her party!

I'm curious to know what you ended up doing! :)Abigail - how did you do the cake? My DCB dump cakes always come out soggy! And they look gross - taste MUCH better!

cookingwithdot said:
My DCB dump cakes always come out soggy! And they look gross - taste MUCH better!

Ditto. However, soggy might be an improvement. Mine always end up gummy!

gummy might be a better word! and then it was overcooked, because I kept it in longer, so it wouldn't be "wet". Are we supposed to leave the lid on???

cookingwithdot said:
Are we supposed to leave the lid on???

I'm not sure but since I'm never going to attempt that fiasco again, I'm not going to sweat it.

Oh wow! really? I have had it with pineapples and cherries at the first party I went to, and then mom and I made it w/ canned apples and blueberries.....
okay lets see: we dumped the apple in....then dumped the canned blueberries on top....then sprinkled the yellow cake mix over the top.
Then cut the butter into little squares and spread across the entire top (freeze it for a few minutes and it will be easier to cut!)
Then we put the lid on and microwaved it! Set the microwave for 15 minutes and checked it at 11...ended up heating it for 14 total. then pulled it out and took the lid off. Maybe taking the lid off right away will keep it from gumming up? Everyone loved it...the edges did turn out a little harder than the middle, but I thought it tasted great!

RMDave said:
I'm not sure but since I'm never going to attempt that fiasco again, I'm not going to sweat it.

DON'T leave the lid on!!!! If your talking about the Molton Lava cake, I had a hostess who did that and said the cake exploded all over her microwave! Mine always turn out great, 10 min to cook, 10-15 min to sit and then serve. If your talking about a different cake, then never mind! :cool:

Careyann said:
DON'T leave the lid on!!!! If your talking about the Molton Lava cake, I had a hostess who did that and said the cake exploded all over her microwave! Mine always turn out great, 10 min to cook, 10-15 min to sit and then serve. If your talking about a different cake, then never mind! :cool:

Thanks, CareyAnn but was talking about a dump cake, not the so-called Molton Lava Cake (which by the way we affectionately call Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake (since it has nothing to do with a real Molten Chocolate Cake).

I don't put the lid on for the dump cake when I make it and it always comes out perfect and I see lots of DCB when I use it for this recipe.

1. Can I still place an order for my party tomorrow?

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee delivery in such a short time frame. We recommend placing your order at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure timely delivery.

2. What are some quick and easy recipe ideas for my party tomorrow?

We have a variety of delicious and simple recipes on our website that are perfect for a last-minute party. You can also check out our "30-minute meals" cookbook for even more ideas.

3. Help! I need to cancel my party tomorrow. What should I do?

Please contact your consultant as soon as possible to cancel your party. They will be able to assist you and make any necessary changes.

4. Can I still earn host rewards for my party tomorrow?

Unfortunately, host rewards are only available for parties with a minimum of $200 in sales. If you are unable to reach this amount, your consultant can help you reschedule your party for a later date.

5. I need some tips for setting up and hosting my party tomorrow.

We have a host guide available on our website that includes helpful tips and suggestions for hosting a successful party. Additionally, your consultant can provide you with personalized advice and support to make your party a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies