• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay, so I Had a Huge Party This Weekend (Surprise Party for My

decorations. I have a lot of sliced Italian bread left over from the Oil Dipping things. They didn't go over real well. I know that I've heard people talking about making homemade croutons and bread crumbs... I need directions for this as I've never done it and I know it might seem simple but I need recipes for everything with directions. Also, how long do they last? Can you freeze the croutons or what, how do you store them to keep them for longer? And same with the bread crumbs. I know that I have the store bought bread crumbs in the little round can thing that sit in my cupboard until I need them, but not sure if
ChefPaulaB
Okay, so I had a huge party this weekend (surprise party for my sister) and I have a lot of sliced Italian bread left over from the Oil Dipping things, they didn't go over real well. I know that I've heard people talking about making homemade croutons and bread crumbs... I need directions for this as I've never done it and I know it might seem simple but I need recipes for everything with directions. Also, how long do they last? Can you freeze the croutons or what, how do you store them to keep them for longer? And same with the bread crumbs. I know that I have the store bought bread crumbs in the little round can thing that sit in my cupboard until I need them, but not sure if real bread crumbs would last that long...
Also, I have a ton of lemons and limes (I used them for decorations) and would love to use them up rather than let them rot. Any ideas or suggestions for that. TIA!!!

Re: LeftoversWith the bread, I would make a refrigerator french toast. You can make it up and bake it in the morning. If you want directions, let me know.

With the lemons, you can juice them and freeze the juice.

Re: Leftovers
BlessedWifeMommy said:
With the bread, I would make a refrigerator french toast. You can make it up and bake it in the morning. If you want directions, let me know.

With the lemons, you can juice them and freeze the juice.

would love the recipe, thanks. Can you freeze lime juice too?

Re: Leftoverspictures??? was she surprisedI only make homemade croutons
dump the cubes in a gallon baggie, drizzle with olive oil (I don't measure you can also use melted butter) shake seasonings over the cubes shake and bake at 375 until crunchyfor seasonings i usually use a little garlic salt, some onion powder & Italian seasoning
You can also add parmesan or ranch dressing mix
use your imaginationDo you have a food saver? they should keep well for at least 2 weeks lemons.... make a pie or lemon cake or lemon barsyou could also make bread pudding or stuffing

Re: LeftoversYes you can freeze lime juice. Bpth lemon and lime juice is sticky and I usually store it in plastic storage containers instead of say sandwich bags.

Here is how I make the French Toast.

Cube the bread into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes. Divide the cubes, pack approx. 2/3 of them into a Rectangle Baker so they are approx 1/2 way up the side and covering the bottom. At this point you can add dollops of cream cheese if you like. Mix 6-8 eggs (depending on the size) and a cup of milk in a large batter bowl, mix in 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon Plus blend. Add add the reserved cubes into the egg mixture and pour over the bottom layer (this step makes sure the top layer gets some egg mixture). At this point you can bake it, or refrigerate it and cook it in the morning.

Note, I'm the kind of cook that doesn't measure, so I go by look. If it doesn't look full enough, I've beat a few more eggs and milk up to add to the top.

Bake in a 350 degree oven and it is done after it puffs up and looks set. At least 20 minutes (okay I can't remember how long it took last time) but check it after 20 minutes.

Re: LeftoversI freeze my lemon and lime juice in ice cube trays. When they are frozen, pop them out and put them in labeled freezer bags. If you use a regular sized ice cube tray, each cube will be about 2 Tbls. Then, when you need lemon or lime juice, you just pull out as many cubes as you need!

I also freeze bread crumbs and croutons in labeled freezer bags.

Re: Leftovers
Teresa Lynn said:
pictures??? was she surprised

I only make homemade croutons
dump the cubes in a gallon baggie, drizzle with olive oil (I don't measure you can also use melted butter) shake seasonings over the cubes shake and bake at 375 until crunchy

for seasonings i usually use a little garlic salt, some onion powder & Italian seasoning
You can also add parmesan or ranch dressing mix
use your imagination

Do you have a food saver? they should keep well for at least 2 weeks

lemons.... make a pie or lemon cake or lemon bars

you could also make bread pudding or stuffing

The party was awesome! She was very surprised, she almost hyperventilated! It was a huge success! The house looked awesome, I didn't get a chance to go around and take pictures before everyone came, the first guest showed up an hour and half early and the next 2 (that I had never even met before) showed up shortly after that, I hadn't even changed my clothes or did my hair and make up yet. Needless to say, I was a little frazzled... There are lots of pictures of people and one of the cake and the sign that I made, but none of the decorations... but it looked awesome, I was very happy with how everything turned out.

Re: LeftoversTwo words fer ya:

Bread Pudding

Yep, cube up some of the bread, toss it on a lg bar pan, toast it in the oven till dry but not browned, and then mix up some egg/milkspices and pour it over the dried bread cubes. Cook as usual.

Delish.

I absolutely love the PC version of bread puddingm which I think is in "All the Best". It uses dried bagels, but you can substitute french/italian bread cubes for the bagels. It's amazing. trust me. :blimpo:

1. Can you tell me more about the Pampered Chef Surprise Party?

The Pampered Chef Surprise Party is a great way to celebrate a special occasion with friends and family. It is a cooking party where you can learn new recipes, try out Pampered Chef products, and have a fun time with loved ones.

2. How do I host a Pampered Chef Surprise Party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef Surprise Party is easy and fun! Simply invite your guests, choose a date and time, and our consultant will take care of the rest. You can also choose a theme for the party, such as a holiday or special occasion, to make it even more memorable.

3. What products will be featured at the Pampered Chef Surprise Party?

Our consultant will bring a variety of Pampered Chef products to the party, including our top-selling cookware, kitchen tools, and pantry items. You and your guests will have the opportunity to see, touch, and try out these products and learn how they can make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

4. Is there a cost to attend the Pampered Chef Surprise Party?

No, there is no cost to attend the Pampered Chef Surprise Party. Our consultant will provide a fun and interactive cooking experience for you and your guests free of charge. However, if you and your guests choose to purchase any Pampered Chef products, our consultant will be available to assist with placing orders.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef Surprise Party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef Surprise Party comes with many benefits! Not only will you have a great time with your friends and family, but as the host, you can earn free and discounted products. You will also have the opportunity to learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and our consultant will provide tips and tricks for using Pampered Chef products in your everyday cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • babywings76