• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused? 9Oz Cake Mix for Mini Carrot Cups?

I'm trying to find a 9oz cake mix to make mini carrot cups for a party and I can't find one! :confused:The Jiffy mixes are 9oz. The are the only ones I've seen that are 9 oz.Depending on the area you live at, there might be different things available. By me, Duncan Hines has a 9oz mix that is labeled as Cupcake Mix. I found it in Walmart and it was either at the end cap near other holiday baking stuff or also on the shelves near the other cake mixes, but closer to the cupcake products.Here's a picture of them:
phun2cook
I have not yet tried the mini carrot cups recipe. Plan on doing so for a personal party i am having. the recipe calls for a 9oz cake mix. What???? I can't find one. They only come in 19oz. Is this a typo or am i clueless about something?
Please Help me:confused:

The Jiffy mixes are 9oz. The are the only ones I've seen that are 9 oz.

Depending on the area you live at, there might be different things available. By me, Duncan Hines has a 9oz mix that is labeled as Cupcake Mix. I found it in Walmart and it was either at the end cap near other holiday baking stuff or also on the shelves near the other cake mixes, but closer to the cupcake products.

Here's a picture of them:http://ozbo.com/Duncan-Hines-Cupcake-Mix-Moist-Deluxe-Premium-Classic-Yellow-74311-ozbo.html?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed

If you can't find one just divide a regular mix in half... either double the recipe or save it for next time. You could even go ahead and bake the other half and freeze them. Just make sure they are wrapped REALLY tight with plastic wrap, then you'll save a step next time you need a quick dessert. Wouldn't freeze the filling tho :)

thank you thank you to all of your comments. I already have a regular cake mix - so i guess i'm good to go. I had possible thoughts of doubling the recipe anyway - now i'm good to go! :D

I love this website! it's always been so helpful with my questions or searches for ideas.:love:

It also works with the full box (I have mistakenly done that!), the dough is just drier and I wouldn't recommend using the whisk to mix it ... it gets stuck inside! I actually like how the consistency is with the full box. I have also used 1/2 box and they are more "cakey". :)
Has anyone used the carrot cake cake mix??

What is the recommended cooking time for Confused? 9Oz Cake Mix for Mini Carrot Cups?

The recommended cooking time for Confused? 9Oz Cake Mix for Mini Carrot Cups is 15-18 minutes.

Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, the cooking time and measurements may vary.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 mini carrot cups.

Can I substitute the carrots with another vegetable?

While we recommend using carrots for the best flavor, you can substitute with another vegetable such as zucchini or pumpkin. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need any special equipment to make these mini carrot cups?

No, you do not need any special equipment. A regular muffin tin will work perfectly for this recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies