• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dump Cake Confusion: Is Cake Mix Required?

In summary, a dump cake is a type of dessert where various ingredients are dumped into a baking dish and then baked. It usually consists of a base layer of fruit, followed by cake mix and toppings. While most recipes call for cake mix, it is possible to make a dump cake without it. Different types of fruit can also be used, and the prep and baking time for a dump cake is typically around 10 minutes and 30-45 minutes, respectively. It can also be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
Chef Shari
I have a recipe for a dump cake. I'm using Spice and Apple Filling. The recipe says to put 1/2 the cake mix in the DCB. I just want to be sure that "cake MIX" means you are not making the batter as the box says and then putting it in the DCB.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Shari

Cake mix in every other recipe I've found means just the powder. It would say in the directions "Make according to package directions"... like it does for Rice or other components of a larger recipe. I'm not familiar with this particular recipe, but I would say to an almost absolute certainty that they mean the powder with no additional ingredients (other than the rest of the recipe).

That's right, do not mix up the ingredient that the box says--just use the recipe.

Thank you!!

And do you need to use the DC for the Dump Cake recipe or can you use other pieces of stoneware?

1. What is a dump cake?

A dump cake is a type of dessert that involves dumping various ingredients into a baking dish and then baking it. It typically includes a base layer of fruit, followed by a cake mix, and then topped with butter or other toppings.

2. Do I need to use cake mix for a dump cake?

No, cake mix is not required for a dump cake. While most recipes do call for cake mix, it is possible to make a dump cake without it by using a homemade cake batter or a different type of mix, such as brownie mix.

3. Can I use a different type of fruit for a dump cake?

Yes, you can use a variety of fruits for a dump cake. Some popular options include canned pie filling, fresh berries, or sliced apples. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar and other ingredients accordingly.

4. How long does it take to make a dump cake?

The prep time for a dump cake is usually around 10 minutes, and the baking time can vary depending on the recipe. Typically, it takes 30-45 minutes to bake a dump cake, but it's always best to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center.

5. Can I make a dump cake in advance?

Yes, you can make a dump cake in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Just make sure to thaw it before reheating in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brendaziz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • PCAnna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • frozenchef