• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Sprinkle on Pineapple Cake?

In summary, the conversation is about making a dump cake using a combination of crushed pineapple, white cake mix, and butter in a Deep Covered Baker (DCB) tonight. The person making the cake wants to top it with a sprinkle and suggests using caramel, but asks for other suggestions. Someone suggests using lemon sprinkles, but another person feels it may be too citrusy. Others chime in with their opinion and suggest using cinnamon sprinkles or the new mocha one. The conversation then shifts to clarifying the recipe for a dump cake and sharing variations of the recipe involving different cake mixes, pie fillings, and sprinkles. Finally, different recipes for other types of cakes, such as cobbler cake and chocolate peanut butter dump
brendaziz
Hi! Making a dump cake (cake mix/fruit cake) in the dcb tonite. Crushed pineapple, white cake and butter (duh) and then i wanted to top it with a sprinkle.
I'm thinking Caramel works good? But does anyone else have a suggestion ? :)

I'd use the new lemon sprinkles if it was me. :chef:

hmmmm, i didn't even think of the lemon.
I dont know why, id feel like it was too much citrus.
Anyone else have an opinion?

Lemon was my first thought too. :)

brendaziz said:
Hi! Making a dump cake (cake mix/fruit cake) in the dcb tonite.

Recipe? I searched for "dump" and got nothing. (No comments from the Peanut Gallery)

I usually pair brown sugar with pineapple, so the Cinnamon sprinkle seems closest to that to me, or the Caramel as you mentioned. But I think the Cinnamon has a slightly stronger taste to it.

Oh Sorry! I don't remember what people on here call it but i've always called it dump cake cuz you just dump stuff in :)
It's some pie filling or fruit (i usually do cherry pie but i used crushed pineapple today) a box of cake mix (yellow is usually best!) and then a stick or stick and a half of butter pats on top.

I sprinkled the mocha one on a lava cake. You could not see it by the time it got to its destination.

brendaziz said:
Oh Sorry! I don't remember what people on here call it but i've always called it dump cake cuz you just dump stuff in :)
It's some pie filling or fruit (i usually do cherry pie but i used crushed pineapple today) a box of cake mix (yellow is usually best!) and then a stick or stick and a half of butter pats on top.

HELP FOLKS! I'll need just a bit better recipe for this one. Thanks Brenda, but I'm the type of who needs to digest a recipe so I don't have to make it 15 times to fine tune.

Can anybody else help?

Here you go Dave, the few I have :)

13-Minute Cobbler Cake
1 box Classic Yellow Cake Mix – Don’t use a BUTTER RECIPE variety of mix
1 Can Favorite Pie Filling – Peach, Apple, Blueberry, Strawberry, Cherry or Blackberry
1 ½ Sticks of Butter
4 Tbsp of Caramel Sprinkles

Optional Variations – Devils Food Cake used with Cherry Pie Filling and Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkle. Apples used with Cinnamon Sprinkle

In Deep Covered Baker, place DRY cake mix ingredients. Add filling and spread over cake mix. Slice butter and place pats on top. Place lid on baker and microwave for 10 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir. Mix well. Add sprinkles and replace cover. Microwave an additional 3 minutes.

Microwave Cake with Fruit Filling
1 yellow cake mix (not the butter recipe kind)
Peach pie filling
1 sticks of butter (in pats)
Sweet Caramel Sprinkles

Pour the can of pie filling in the bottom of the DCB, then cover with the cake mix. Put the pats of butter over the cake mix and cook with the lid on for 10 minutes. Stir (if desired) and then cover with lots of caramel sweet sprinkles and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!!!

Cobbler Cake
1 cake mix (any flavor)
1 can pie filling (to complement the cake mix)
1 ½ sticks butter

Layer in Baker, cake mix, pie filing, pats of butter. Cover, microwave for 10 minutes. Take out and stir mixture. Microwave an additional 2-3 minutes until set.

Cobbler Cake—another option
2 cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup, drain most of the syrup out
Put the peaches in the bottom of the DCB and cut them up with the Salad Choppers (or cut them up w/ knife on cutting board before putting them in the DCB.
Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the peaches
Add 1 T White Karo syrup to make it just a little thicker
Mix cake mix with 1/2 c. oats to make it more cobbler-like
Sprinkle the cake/oat mixture over the top of the peaches. Top with 1 stick of butter and microwave uncovered for 10 min. Take it out of the microwave and add chopped walnuts, return to microwave for 4 min. longer. It's to die for.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake
Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (or other chocolate variety)
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Jif Crunchy Peanut Butter (or creamy if you don’t like crunchy)

Prepare cake mix according to directions on box. Pour into DCB. Use a medium scoop and scoop a can of chocolate frosting all over top of batter. Then take one cup of peanut butter and put scoops of it in the empty spots. Microwave 11-12 minutes uncovered

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
One box of chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make the chocolate cake (from the back of the box)
One can of chocolate frosting

Empty cake mix and cake mix ingredients into baker and mix together.
Add ½ the can of frosting with Small Scoop.
Microwave for about 8-10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Microwave time may vary.

Black Forest Microwave Cake
8 ounce crushed pineapple
21 ounce cherry pie filling
1 cup pecans
1 ½ stick melted butter
Devil’s Food Cake Mix

Drain pineapple, reserve liquid. Spread pineapple on bottom of baker. Add pie filling. Spread gently. Sprinkle dry cake mix over filling. Top with chopped pecans. Combine melted butter and pineapple juice and pour on top. Microwave on high 12 minutes. Cool and serve with whipped topping.

RMDave said:
HELP FOLKS! I'll need just a bit better recipe for this one. Thanks Brenda, but I'm the type of who needs to digest a recipe so I don't have to make it 15 times to fine tune.

Can anybody else help?

Yumm...these are recipes that are easy to "digest" over and over again! I love the term dump cake, but it turns people off so I use Chocolate Fudge Molton Lava Cake. Also, make sure you digest this one with some vanilla ice cream. You will have them all looking twice at that DCB!!!

cathyskitchen said:
I usually pair brown sugar with pineapple, so the Cinnamon sprinkle seems closest to that to me, or the Caramel as you mentioned. But I think the Cinnamon has a slightly stronger taste to it.

I'd also use the Cinnamon, after it is done microwaving

kcjodih said:
Here you go Dave, the few I have :)
Black Forest Microwave Cake
8 ounce crushed pineapple
21 ounce cherry pie filling
1 cup pecans
1 ½ stick melted butter
Devil’s Food Cake MixDrain pineapple, reserve liquid. Spread pineapple on bottom of baker. Add pie filling. Spread gently. Sprinkle dry cake mix over filling. Top with chopped pecans. Combine melted butter and pineapple juice and pour on top. Microwave on high 12 minutes. Cool and serve with whipped topping.
I just wanted to add something to this recipe (I was the one who posted it originally :blushing:). I found that it's better with a larger can of crushed pineapple. I need to make it again (like Dave feared...having to experiment a few times w/ a recipe to get it perfected to share ;) ), so I can fine tune the measurements. But the first time I made this, it was dry on the bottom. The next time I made it, I used a little more pineapple on the bottom and used a little more juices (from when I drained them). Then half way through cooking, I took it out of the microwave and stirred it a little--gently. I didn't scrape the bottom, so I could try to keep most of the pineapple and cherries in tact. When I made these changes, it turned out REALLY good! So yummy served warm and topped w/ Cool Whip (or ice cream or real whipped cream, if you don't like CW.) :D

Yes thanks to Amanda for being one of the ones to save me when I lost all my recipes. Sorry I can't remember now what I got from whom. Thanks also for the info, I'll make the changes to my recipe copy.

MMMMMM Got me thinking of a new sprinkle they need to come out with...toasted coconut!!

In case you're looking to make these 'dump cakes' slightly lower fat... someone had said that they use a can of Sprite or 7-Up instead of the butter. (So you'd have your pie filling on the bottom, cake mix on top, then dump a can of Sprite on top of everything, and finish recipe as you do the other). I was a a little worried that it wouldn't work, but I took the plunge at home once, and it's awesome! Since it's all liquid, it mixes really thoroughly (unlike using the pats of butter), so it's maybe more smooth when it comes out. My husband likes it best with some nuts (pecans) sprinkled on top to give it some more texture.

What about the vanilla sprinkle from the Help Whip Cancer items?

1. What type of sprinkle should I use on my pineapple cake?

For a tropical twist, we recommend using coconut shreds or flakes as a sprinkle on your pineapple cake. This will add texture and enhance the flavor of the pineapple.

2. Can I use any type of sprinkle on my pineapple cake?

Yes, you can use any type of sprinkle that you prefer on your pineapple cake. However, we suggest using sprinkles that complement the flavor of the pineapple, such as coconut, cinnamon, or toasted almonds.

3. How much sprinkle should I use on my pineapple cake?

The amount of sprinkle you use on your pineapple cake is a personal preference. Some people prefer a light dusting while others like a more generous amount. We recommend starting with a light sprinkling and adding more as desired.

4. Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned for my pineapple cake?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned for your pineapple cake. However, make sure to drain any excess juice from the pineapple before adding it to the cake. You may also want to sprinkle some extra sugar on the fresh pineapple to enhance its sweetness.

5. Should I sprinkle my pineapple cake before or after baking?

It is best to sprinkle your pineapple cake before baking. This will allow the sprinkle to adhere to the cake and add flavor as it bakes. If you prefer, you can also sprinkle some extra on top of the cake after it has finished baking for added decoration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • ajnewchef