• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Speedy Upside Down Pineapple Cake

In summary, you can use canned pineapple instead of fresh for this recipe, substitute vegetable oil with canola or sunflower oil, bake the cake for 30-35 minutes at 350°F, make it ahead of time and store it for up to 2 days, and use a Bundt pan for the best results.
SPAMSTIME
Speedy Upside Down Pineapple Cake

1 3/4 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 15oz cans of pineapple tidbits
1 box yellow cake mix (plus eggs for cake)

1. Place brown sugar in bottom of Deep Covered Baker.

2. Melt the butter in microwave – I recommend using the small micro-cooker for this task. Set aside portion of the melted butter to use in place of oil in the cake mix (check cake mix box for amount). Place remaining melted butter in baker with brown sugar. Mix together then microwave 4-5 minutes or until bubbly.

3. Drain juice out of both cans of pineapple into measuring cup; set aside. Then pour crushed pineapple on top of caramelized brown sugar.

4. Prepare cake mix as directed on box except use melted butter that was set aside in place of oil and reserved pineapple juice in place of water. Add additional water to pineapple juice to reach measurement if needed. Whisk cake until mixed thoroughly.

5. Pour cake mix on top of pineapple in baker.

6. Microwave 15-17 minutes or until cake in middle is fully cooked. WITHOUT the lid!

7. Let cake stand for 10 minutes then flip onto a platter.

Pam Bocook
740-852-8992

This sounds divine! I will have to give it a try sometime during the holiday season!

It is very good,easy and doesn't cost alot lol

1. Can I use canned pineapple instead of fresh pineapple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use canned pineapple for this recipe. Just make sure to drain the pineapple well before using it in the cake.

2. Can I substitute the vegetable oil with another type of oil?

Yes, you can use any neutral flavored oil such as canola or sunflower oil as a substitute for vegetable oil in this recipe.

3. How long does the Speedy Upside Down Pineapple Cake take to bake?

The cake takes approximately 30-35 minutes to bake in a preheated 350°F oven. However, it is always best to check the cake with a toothpick to ensure it is fully cooked before removing it from the oven.

4. Can I make this cake ahead of time and store it?

Yes, this cake can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Just make sure to let it cool completely before storing it.

5. Do I have to use a Bundt pan for this recipe?

No, you can use any 9-inch round cake pan for this recipe. However, using a Bundt pan will give the cake its signature shape and make it easier to flip over onto a serving plate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • ajnewchef