1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mini Carrot cakes become pumpkin cakes!

1. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I just made the mini carrot cakes as the directions said and swapped out solid pack pumpkin for the carrots- fabulous! Made the frosting as written as well...To die for- you don't have to grate the carrots so it saves some time too :)

Oct 14, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

great idea! *and I like pumpkin better than carrot!*

Oct 14, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

YUM! :chef:

I'm going to make these!

Oct 14, 2009
  4. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I love pumpkin... especially in the fall- kids love them too. I think they were more moist than the carrot ones- those were very dense.

Oct 14, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Pumpkin anything is loved at our house! DH and DS would LOVE these, I'm sure!

Oct 14, 2009
  6. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

Sounds delish, we love all things pumpkin as well "Solid pack pumpkin" is that the same thing as a can of pumpkin?

7. Luv 2 Cook

Luv 2 Cook Member

Exactly how much pumpkin did you use, I'm also wondering if you could use pumpkin pie spice in palce of the nutmeg??

Oct 14, 2009
  8. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I used 3/4 cup of pumpking...yes that's canned pumkin- I clarified because they sell pumpkin pie filling...this was just plain pumpkin. I didn't have allspice, so I subbed cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger... a pinch of each (larger pinch of the cinnamon). So I think pumpkin pie spice would be fine!

Oct 15, 2009
Have something to add?