• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Carrot Cakes Become Pumpkin Cakes!

In summary, the mini carrot cakes were fantastic, and the frosting was equally as delicious. The only modification needed was to swap out the solid pack pumpkin for the carrots, and everyone in the household would love them!
jnsr96
I just made the mini carrot cakes as the directions said and swapped out solid pack pumpkin for the carrots- fabulous! Made the frosting as written as well...To die for- you don't have to grate the carrots so it saves some time too :)

great idea! *and I like pumpkin better than carrot!*

jnsr96 said:
I just made the mini carrot cakes as the directions said and swapped out solid pack pumpkin for the carrots- fabulous! Made the frosting as written as well...To die for- you don't have to grate the carrots so it saves some time too :)

YUM! :chef:

I'm going to make these!

I love pumpkin... especially in the fall- kids love them too. I think they were more moist than the carrot ones- those were very dense.

jnsr96 said:
I love pumpkin... especially in the fall- kids love them too. I think they were more moist than the carrot ones- those were very dense.

Pumpkin anything is loved at our house! DH and DS would LOVE these, I'm sure!

jnsr96 said:

Sounds delish, we love all things pumpkin as well "Solid pack pumpkin" is that the same thing as a can of pumpkin?

Exactly how much pumpkin did you use, I'm also wondering if you could use pumpkin pie spice in palce of the nutmeg??

I used 3/4 cup of pumpking...yes that's canned pumkin- I clarified because they sell pumpkin pie filling...this was just plain pumpkin. I didn't have allspice, so I subbed cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground ginger... a pinch of each (larger pinch of the cinnamon). So I think pumpkin pie spice would be fine!

1. Can I substitute the pumpkin puree with canned pumpkin pie mix?

Yes, you can substitute the pumpkin puree with canned pumpkin pie mix. However, keep in mind that the mix already contains added sugar and spices, so you may need to adjust the amount of sugar and spices in the recipe accordingly.

2. Can I use a different type of oil instead of vegetable oil?

Yes, you can use a different type of oil such as canola or coconut oil. Just make sure the oil is liquid at room temperature to ensure the proper texture of the cakes.

3. Do I have to use a mini cake pan for this recipe?

No, you can use a regular cake pan and adjust the baking time accordingly. Just keep in mind that the baking time may vary and you may need to do a toothpick test to check for doneness.

4. Can I make these cakes ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, you can make these cakes ahead of time and freeze them. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw them in the fridge before serving.

5. Can I add nuts or raisins to the batter?

Yes, you can add nuts or raisins to the batter for added texture and flavor. Just make sure to chop the nuts into small pieces and soak the raisins in warm water before adding them to the batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefJoyJ