• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Don't have a 9oz cake mix-what is the measurement?

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I'm in a rush this morning, so I'm trying to look this up, but thought I'd post here just in case someone sees it who knows and can save me! :D

I'm making the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake but don't have a 9 oz package, I just have a standard size one. I thought there was a "Cook's Tip" that offered the amount that you can use if you don't have a 9 oz pkg, but can't find it now. I do remember there are other recipes that call for it too, where they've given a measurement, but I thought I also remember different recipes having different amounts mentioned so it conflicted. I could be remembering wrong, though...

Anyway, anyone know the measurement of what a 9 oz. cake mix would be?

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
I'm in a rush this morning, so I'm trying to look this up, but thought I'd post here just in case someone sees it who knows and can save me! :D

I'm making the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake but don't have a 9 oz package, I just have a standard size one. I thought there was a "Cook's Tip" that offered the amount that you can use if you don't have a 9 oz pkg, but can't find it now. I do remember there are other recipes that call for it too, where they've given a measurement, but I thought I also remember different recipes having different amounts mentioned so it conflicted. I could be remembering wrong, though...

Anyway, anyone know the measurement of what a 9 oz. cake mix would be?

I've made the cake dozens of times. I just half the regular mix. I have an old WW scale, so I do it that way, but I'm sure just looking at it should be fine....HTH :D

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Thanks, Ginger! :)

I also found a couple other recipes for the 9oz cake mixes and they said 1 & 2/3 cups could be used instead.

SpiritdancerIA

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
Too late to help out this time, but ...

My mom likes the Mock Lemon Meringue Cake a LOT - she takes it to covered dish dinners all the time :) What she's been doing is to use a REGULAR cake mix, but makes TWO cakes at once (so, double the ingredients you add to the cake mix). She then wraps and freezes the second cake mix so she doesn't have to bake the next time, and can put it together faster. Her comment: "well, the torte pans come in a set of two, I might as well use them both!"

pckellyd

Gold Member
Jan 18, 2009
This is too late for this recipe BUT, I wanted to call your attention to the fact that Duncan Hines and BEtty Crocker have both changed the amount of mix in their standard flavors from 18 to 16 oz. I don't know how this will affect anything because DH and BC CLAIM that the cakes still bake up the same amt.