• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Orange Cranberry Skillet Cake - Awesome Recipe!

In summary, a delicious non-chocolate skillet cake recipe was shared with great fall flavors. It is super easy to make and can also be made in a fluted or mini-fluted pan. The recipe includes a tasty cranberry-orange cake with a simple glaze that can be easily made in the microwave. It is suggested to use orange juice instead of water for added flavor. The recipe also includes tips for high altitude baking. Overall, this recipe is perfect for a quick and impressive skillet dish and has received positive reviews from those who have tried it.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Here’s a great non-chocolate skillet cake recipe, and I think it has great flavours for the fall. It’s super easy too! It's a betty crocker one that is supposed to be for a bundt pan, but I decided to do it in my BRAND NEW 12" SKILLET - WOOHOO. Anyway, it turned out really well in the skillet, and I think it would probably be great in the fluted or mini-fluted pans too.

I think it would be a great quick skillet recipe for a show, using the microplane and citrus press for the orange, and chopping the frozen cranberries with the food-chopper.

I brushed the skillet with melted butter, and baked it at 350°F for about 25-30mins. It is even better if you use OJ for half (or probably could do all) of the water in the cake. Also, I cut down the amount of butter in the sauce alot. When I made it with the whole 1/2 cup of butter, it seemed very greasy and buttery to me. I cooked mine for a while to thicken it. You could probably do the sauce/glaze in either a microcooker, measuring cup or small batter bowl in the microwave.

Cranberry-Orange Cake

Makes:16 servings

Cake
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® golden vanilla or yellow cake mix
1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup water - or half OJ/half water
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon grated orange peel - I used zest of whole orange
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped (do not thaw frozen cranberries)
Powdered sugar, if desired

Orange Sauce, if desired
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup butter

1. Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour, or spray with baking spray with flour, 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
2. In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, melted butter, orange peel and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in cranberries. Spread in pan.
3. Bake 57 to 63 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
4. In 1-quart saucepan, cook all sauce ingredients over medium heat about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve warm or cool sauce with cake.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 63 to 69 minutes. For Orange Butter Sauce, increase flour to 2 tablespoons. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted, then cook 4 minutes longer.

Nutrition Information:

1 Serving: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 360mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 20g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

That sounds fabulous! I LOVE cranberry-orange muffins - they're like dessert for breakfast :)

This sounds very good. I'll have to save this for something.

I have my 10 min presentation coming up in November for my networking group. I might have to make this for them!!

Mmmmm...THANKS! Just saved this under "cookware" and "fluted pan" recipes!

Thank you for sharing. That sounds great.

Hi there!

As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I just wanted to say that this recipe sounds absolutely delicious! I love the combination of orange and cranberry, and using the microplane and citrus press for the orange is such a great idea. And using our food chopper for the cranberries is such a time saver. I also love that you were able to adapt the recipe for a skillet - versatility is key when it comes to our cookware!

I will definitely be trying this recipe out soon, and I can't wait to share it with my customers at my next show. I also appreciate your tips on cutting down the butter in the sauce - I'm always looking for ways to make recipes a bit healthier without sacrificing flavor. Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe with us!

Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Orange Cranberry Skillet Cake?

To make Orange Cranberry Skillet Cake, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest, dried cranberries, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and butter. You will also need a cast iron skillet and some powdered sugar for dusting.

2. Can I use fresh cranberries instead of dried cranberries?

Yes, you can use fresh cranberries instead of dried cranberries. However, keep in mind that fresh cranberries may add a bit more tartness to the cake. You may want to increase the amount of sugar in the recipe if using fresh cranberries.

3. How long does it take to bake the Orange Cranberry Skillet Cake?

The cake will need to bake for about 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the exact time may vary depending on your oven, so it's best to keep an eye on the cake and use a toothpick to check for doneness.

4. Can I use a different type of pan instead of a cast iron skillet?

While a cast iron skillet is recommended for this recipe, you can use a different type of pan if needed. A 9-inch round cake pan or a 9x9 inch square baking dish will work as well. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

5. How do I store leftovers of the Orange Cranberry Skillet Cake?

To store leftovers, cover the skillet cake with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container. It can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months, but make sure to thaw it before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • chefshawna