• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Recipe: Puffy Pancake in Square Baker

In summary, the recipe for the Square Baker in the Rachel Ray magazine is to bake a puffy pancake with a nutty banana butterscotch sauce. You need 1/2 stick of unsalted butter to melt in the oven, 5 large eggs, 1/3 cup milk, 3/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, and a pinch of salt. The batter is then poured into a prepared baking dish and baked until the pancake begins to rise, 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons of water over medium heat, stirring until bubbling. Stir in the remaining 1/2 stick butter, the sour cream
JAE
Found a recipe for the Square Baker in the Rachel Ray magazine:

Puffy Pancake w/ Nutty Banana Butterscotch
1 stick unsalted butter
5 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
pinch salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add 1/2 stick butter to baker and melt in the oven, about 5 minutes.
2. In large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and sugar, then whisk in the egg-milk mixture.
Pour batter into the prepared baking dish; bake until the pancake begins to rise, 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons of water over medium heat, stirring until bubbling, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/2 stick butter, the sour cream and bananas and heat through.
4. Drizzle the pancake with half of the butterscotch sauce and sprinkle with walnuts. Slice and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.

I think I'll try this in the morning to use up the eggs and bananas before we leave for vacation. Sounds really yummy, and I usually just use my square baker for brownies. It will be fun to try something different in this baker.

Okay - if I can get over the fact that ONE STICK OF BUTTER is the first ingredient, this sounds absolutely fabulous - and I know my guys would love it!

I'm not actually planning on eating much of this, and my kids are skin and bones. They could use some fattening up. I wonder if I could just spray the pan with oil.

Oh no... You NEED the butter! Don't use that spray, the butter is the best part!

Really, I call these Dutch Pancakes and you really do need the butter.

JAE said:
I'm not actually planning on eating much of this, and my kids are skin and bones. They could use some fattening up. I wonder if I could just spray the pan with oil.

Yeah - mine is skinny too - and DH isn't chubby by any stretch of the imagination.

Yuck Yuck Yuck to the spray though!:yuck: Butter adds FLAVOR! That is why everyone loves the biscuit bites!

What ingredients do I need for the Puffy Pancake in Square Baker?

You will need 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of milk, 4 eggs, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.

Do I need to preheat the Square Baker before pouring in the batter?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Square Baker in the oven at 425°F for 10 minutes before pouring in the batter.

How long does the Puffy Pancake need to bake in the Square Baker?

The Puffy Pancake needs to bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated Square Baker.

Can I add toppings to the Puffy Pancake before baking?

Yes, you can add your desired toppings such as sliced fruit, chocolate chips, or nuts before baking. Just make sure to evenly distribute them on top of the batter.

Can I use a different type of milk for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer, such as almond milk or soy milk. Just make sure to use the same amount as the recipe calls for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC