• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Mini-Fluted or Fluted Recipe

In summary, the recipe calls for greasing and flouring 6 individual baking molds, making an orange syrup, making the chocolate ganache, and adding it to the cakes after they have been taken out of the molds. The recipe also calls for using anise extract in place of the vanilla.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
I came across this recipe the other day, and I think it would work well for the mini-fluted pan - it says it makes 6 servings in "individual baking molds" or in 7oz ramekins. I also read a review that says it can be done in a 10-cup bundt -type pan. Does anyone know if our fluted pan is 10 or 12 cups?

This is a Barefoot Contessa/Ina Garten recipe, and they are usually WONDERFUL! I just made an amazing (and really easy) chocolate cake - will try to post that recipe next!

If anyone does try this (in the either pan), please let me/us know how it turns out. I'm not sure when I will be able to do it myself as I have a mountain of chocolate cake to eat! Poor me... LOL!

Barefoot Contessa's Mini Orange Chocolate Chunk Cake

Ingredients
1/4 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1/8 cup gratedorange zest (2 large oranges)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
3 ounces buttermilk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup good semi-sweet chocolate chunks

For the syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh orange juice

For the ganache
4 ounces good semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 6 individual serving baking molds, such as the flexible non stick 100 percent silicone molds.

Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for about 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, then the orange zest. Sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately in thirds to the creamed butter, beginning and ending with the flour. Toss the chocolate chunks with 1 tablespoon flour and add to the batter. Pour into the pans, smooth the tops, and bake for 30 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cakes cool in the molds on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, make the syrup. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook the sugar with the orange juice until the sugar dissolves. Remove the cake from the pans, put them on a rack over a tray, and spoon the orange syrup over the cakes. Allow the cakes to cool completely.

For the ganache, melt the chocolate, heavy cream, and coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over the top of the cakes.

YUMMY! This sounds really good! I just picked up a few of the mini fluted stones on the Outlet (only $7!!!) ~ so I'll be trying this out! Thanks :)

(they have 6 per stone)

I love orange cakes!! I'll be trying this out for sure... maybe for Easter - that would be pretty!

According to the catalog our fluted pan is 11 cups.

Forgot to say "thanks" for the recipe--sounds wonderful!

Thanks Harriet! 11 cups is a strange size! I've only ever heard of 10 or 12 cups. Oh well, it sounds as though it wold work for this recipe. I'm dying to try it, I LOVE orange and chocolate :)

I am trying this one too! Chocolate and orange is so classic! I think I will use anise extract instead of the vanilla... very French. ooo laa laaa.

thank you!thanks for the recipe. i will try it when i no longer care that i am on weight watchers LOL

Glad you found it Susan! And good luck with WW.

1. What is the difference between a mini-fluted and fluted recipe?

Mini-fluted recipes are designed to be made in individual-sized fluted pans, while fluted recipes are intended for larger, standard-sized fluted pans. Mini-fluted recipes are also typically smaller in portion size and may have slightly different ingredient ratios to accommodate the smaller pan size.

2. Can I use a regular cake pan instead of a fluted pan for these recipes?

While you can certainly use a regular cake pan for these recipes, the fluted pan is specifically designed to give the dish a unique and visually appealing presentation. If you do not have a fluted pan, you can try using a bundt pan or a plain round cake pan, but the end result may not look the same.

3. Are the mini-fluted and fluted pans oven-safe?

Yes, all of our mini-fluted and fluted pans are oven-safe. However, it is important to always check the specific instructions for your pan and to never exceed the recommended oven temperature.

4. Are there any special instructions for greasing the pans?

For best results, we recommend greasing the pans with a non-stick cooking spray or butter before adding the batter. This will help ensure easy removal of the finished dish from the pan. If using a non-stick pan, you may not need to grease it at all.

5. Can these pans be used for savory dishes as well?

Absolutely! While mini-fluted and fluted pans are commonly used for sweet desserts, they can also be used for savory dishes such as quiches, tarts, and savory breads. Just be sure to adjust the ingredients and cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC