• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Made the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes?

In summary, my host next week wants to have the mini glazed lemon cakes, but she doesn't have a microwave. I understand they can be baked in the oven. And I guess we will melt the butter as well as prepare the glaze on the stove top. Just like before we all had microwaves. My question is, she may have 20 guests, do I make one cake per person or cut them and share??
chefloretta
Silver Member
My host next week wants to have the mini glazed lemon cakes, but she doesn't have a microwave, I understand they can be baked in the oven. And I guess we will melt the butter as well as prepare the glaze on the stove top. Just like before we all had microwaves. My question is, she may have 20 guests, do I make one cake per person or cut them and share??:confused:

I would make 12 and cut them - there will be people who don't want a whole one anyway. If you don't have 2 sets of prep bowls borrow some from your director ar a cluster-mate.

I would do them in the oven and I would put them on one of our metal sheet pans if you have one. Use it as a booking tool. Tell them that they are currently unavailable but will be released for sale on July 1 so who wants to book their July show and get theirs free?

To serve such a large group--I'd bet everyone wants a slice. Perhaps bring the cake already baked in the fluted pan, if you have it. Decorated with fresh lemon slices...and then glaze at the party.Then make the minis for comparison, with Jiffy mix. Everyone who wants a taste can sample those.

CookingwithMary said:
To serve such a large group--I'd bet everyone wants a slice.

Perhaps bring the cake already baked in the fluted pan, if you have it. Decorated with fresh lemon slices...and then glaze at the party.

Then make the minis for comparison, with Jiffy mix. Everyone who wants a taste can sample those.
I love this idea! And so simple!

I made these last night to practice for my first show and they were WONDERFUL. I made mine in the oven and they did fine...quick easy and delicious!

Make a batch in the silicone floral cupcake pan. I read about it on this site or PC's. Sorry I don't remember which one at the moment. It might be in the video.

thank you all so much for your wonderful ideas. I think I may make them ahead and glaze them there, I am also making the Chicken, Avocado, Grapefruit salad.:)
Looking forward to National Conference phase I, my first time! WOO HOO!!!

I would make them in advance if you are going to do another recipe. Keep it simple and short! I made these for a show on Sunday, and get this, left the egg out. :eek: I was definitely off my game!

1. Can the mini glazed lemon cakes be baked in the oven instead of microwaved?

Yes, the mini glazed lemon cakes can be baked in the oven instead of microwaved. Simply follow the instructions for the oven temperature and baking time provided in the recipe.

2. How should I melt the butter and prepare the glaze if there is no microwave available?

You can melt the butter and prepare the glaze on the stovetop. Simply place the butter in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until melted. For the glaze, mix together the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until well combined and smooth.

3. Should I make one cake per person or cut them and share for a party of 20 guests?

It is recommended to make one cake per person for a party of 20 guests. This will ensure that everyone gets a fair portion and avoids any potential issues with cutting and sharing the cakes.

4. Can the mini glazed lemon cakes be made ahead of time?

Yes, the mini glazed lemon cakes can be made ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, bring them to room temperature or warm them up in the oven before glazing.

5. Can the recipe be doubled or tripled for a larger crowd?

Yes, the recipe can be doubled or tripled for a larger crowd. Just be sure to adjust the oven temperature and baking time accordingly and use separate baking pans if necessary. It is also recommended to make the glaze in smaller batches to ensure it stays fresh and doesn't harden before all the cakes are glazed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefshawna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DeeDee616
  • CyndiWilliams