• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes With Yogurt?

Not being lactose intolerant myself, I am not up on all these things!I use butter all the time in cooking and baking and it seems to be fine for DH - I remember reading sometime that it's harder to process the lower fat stuff when you are lactose intolerant, so if DH ever has regular ice cream he has the real, full fat stuff.
kam
Staff member
I want to make the Mini-Glazed Lemon Cakes with dinner tomorrow night - but my mom is lactose-intolerant. I am thinking that I could substitute yogurt for the sour cream.

Has anyone done this - and how did they turn out?

Also, if anyone has subbed yogurt for sour cream in cakes before, what kind of yogurt should I buy? (I have to admit I have never bought yogurt in my life).
Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks!

I sub yogurt all the time for sour cream.I usually buy an organic brand. Stoneyfield Farms, or Cascade Fresh.I also LOVE :love: Fage's Greek Yogurt (a little taste of Heaven on earth!) but it is pricey.Oh - and this is for plain yogurt. You could use lemon, I guess, but those little cakes are already pretty lemony!

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I just wasn't sure!

My other alternative for dessert was the red white & blueberry trifle - but DH hates strawberries - so I would much rather make the lemon cakes if I could keep them lactose free!

I can't wait!

kam said:
Thanks so much! I just wasn't sure!

My other alternative for dessert was the red white & blueberry trifle - but DH hates strawberries - so I would much rather make the lemon cakes if I could keep them lactose free!

I can't wait!

My DH is lactose intolerant too, and we really don't notice the difference using yogurt vs. sour cream.....and there are better health benefits using it too!

Becky,
Now I am looking at the recipe closer and the glaze has butter - which my mom says she can't have. What do you sub for the butter - of does it do okay without butter?

Thanks!

Smart Balance Spread - which now comes in sticks too!

EXCELLENT! Thanks.

Not being lactose intolerant myself, I am not up on all these things!

I use butter all the time in cooking and baking and it seems to be fine for DH - I remember reading sometime that it's harder to process the lower fat stuff when you are lactose intolerant, so if DH ever has regular ice cream he has the real, full fat stuff.

1. How do I make the lemon cakes moist?

The key to making moist lemon cakes is to not overmix the batter and to use yogurt as a substitute for some of the butter or oil in the recipe. Yogurt adds moisture and helps keep the cakes from drying out.

2. Can I use any type of yogurt for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of plain yogurt for this recipe. Greek yogurt, regular yogurt, or even dairy-free yogurt can all be used to make these mini lemon cakes.

3. Can I substitute the lemon glaze with a different flavor?

While the lemon glaze is what gives these cakes their signature flavor, you can definitely substitute it with a different glaze if desired. Some popular alternatives include orange, lime, or even a vanilla glaze.

4. How long do these mini lemon cakes with yogurt stay fresh?

These lemon cakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you prefer to keep them longer, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.

5. Can I make these cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these mini lemon cakes with yogurt ahead of time. Simply bake and glaze the cakes, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, bring them to room temperature and enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • trisigma730
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefshawna