• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake Questions

In summary, the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake was made for a show and the baker was filled completely when using an electric mixer. The cake may rise above the top of the baker when taken out of the oven and may leave rack marks when inverted. A round end of a spreader set or quick paring knife can be used to make holes for the glaze. Some advice is to put the holes in before the show and to use a lower oven rack. The inside of the cake has a beautiful pink color and it is recommended to saw off the edges before glazing. A meat fork or regular fork can be used to make holes for the glaze."
BlessedWifeMommy
I made the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake last night. I have a couple of questions. I'm making it for a show. I'm planning on taking it baked and just making the topping and letting it sit while I do the main demo.

Here are my questions:
I followed the instructions on the box (to use an electric mixer, I used my Kitchen Aid stand mixer) and when I put it in the Rectangular Baker it filled it completely. Has that been your experience?

When I got it out of the oven it was above the top of the Baker, so when I inverted it, to cool it left rack marks on the top.

What tool did you use to make the holes for the glaze? I tried to use the cake tester, but it didn't make big enough holes.

All in all I loved the taste, it just didn't look the best when I was done. I like how it shows the the Citrus Press well.

I have made that many times and I used the round end of our red/white spreader set you can buy and it works just fine or I have even used a end of the quick paring knife. Hope that helps you.

christinaspc said:
I have made that many times and I used the round end of our red/white spreader set you can buy and it works just fine or I have even used a end of the quick paring knife. Hope that helps you.

Thanks, I think I will put the holes in before the show. One question, do you find that the height comes up over the edge of the baker?

I just made this cake tonight in prep for my May shows. My daughter and I both loved the samples we had. But I need some advice on it too.

The top, which becomes the bottom of the cake was too well done and we really had to saw through it with our forks, did I cook it too long or should I put the rectangular baker on a lower oven rack? I put it on the center rack of my oven.

The inside of the cake is such a beautiful pink, does anyone saw off the edges to expose the pink before they glaze it? I did it on the ends, but the cake shrinks... But it is so much prettier that way.

BTW: I used my 'meat fork' to stab holes in the cake and it worked beautifully. If you have the Meat Lifters (which I don't) I'd try them, especially if I was going to demo this part of the cake at a show.

Yes, my cake was a good inch higher than the baker, but I inverted it on the Cooling Rack, and yes it squished down, but that was ok, it didn't hurt the texture or look of the cake at all.

I also use my meat fork
If you like this recipe try the luscious lemon roll, made in the bar pan & rolled like a jelly roll

I just use a regular fork and poke holes all over and barely pull the cake apart with the fork while drizzling. I don't like huge holes in my cakes!

1. What makes the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake different from other angel food cakes?

The Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake is made with a combination of lemon zest and juice, giving it a refreshing and tangy flavor that sets it apart from traditional angel food cakes.

2. Can I use a regular angel food cake pan for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a regular angel food cake pan for the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake. However, we recommend using a non-stick pan or greasing the pan well to prevent sticking.

3. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake ahead of time. It can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, it can be frozen for up to 3 months.

4. Can I substitute the lemon for another citrus flavor?

Yes, you can substitute the lemon for another citrus flavor such as lime or orange. However, keep in mind that the flavor may differ slightly from the original recipe.

5. Can I use a boxed angel food cake mix for this recipe?

No, we do not recommend using a boxed angel food cake mix for the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake. The lemon zest and juice are essential for the unique flavor of this cake, and a boxed mix may not provide the same result.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pamperedva
  • wadesgirl