1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake Questions

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I made the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake last night. I have a couple of questions. I'm making it for a show. I'm planning on taking it baked and just making the topping and letting it sit while I do the main demo.

Here are my questions:
    I followed the instructions on the box (to use an electric mixer, I used my Kitchen Aid stand mixer) and when I put it in the Rectangular Baker it filled it completely. Has that been your experience?

When I got it out of the oven it was above the top of the Baker, so when I inverted it, to cool it left rack marks on the top.

What tool did you use to make the holes for the glaze? I tried to use the cake tester, but it didn't make big enough holes.

All in all I loved the taste, it just didn't look the best when I was done. I like how it shows the the Citrus Press well.

2. christinaspc

christinaspc Veteran Member Silver Member

I have made that many times and I used the round end of our red/white spreader set you can buy and it works just fine or I have even used a end of the quick paring knife. Hope that helps you.

Apr 15, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Thanks, I think I will put the holes in before the show. One question, do you find that the height comes up over the edge of the baker?

4. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

I just made this cake tonight in prep for my May shows. My daughter and I both loved the samples we had. But I need some advice on it too.

The top, which becomes the bottom of the cake was too well done and we really had to saw through it with our forks, did I cook it too long or should I put the rectangular baker on a lower oven rack? I put it on the center rack of my oven.

The inside of the cake is such a beautiful pink, does anyone saw off the edges to expose the pink before they glaze it? I did it on the ends, but the cake shrinks... But it is so much prettier that way.

BTW: I used my 'meat fork' to stab holes in the cake and it worked beautifully. If you have the Meat Lifters (which I don't) I'd try them, especially if I was going to demo this part of the cake at a show.

Yes, my cake was a good inch higher than the baker, but I inverted it on the Cooling Rack, and yes it squished down, but that was ok, it didn't hurt the texture or look of the cake at all.

Apr 25, 2009
  5. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I also use my meat fork
    If you like this recipe try the luscious lemon roll, made in the bar pan & rolled like a jelly roll

Apr 26, 2009
  6. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I just use a regular fork and poke holes all over and barely pull the cake apart with the fork while drizzling. I don't like huge holes in my cakes!

Apr 26, 2009
Have something to add?