• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Tips for Doing the Lemon Cakes or Aloha Pizza at a Show?

In summary, for those who have made lemon cakes before, do you have any tips for making them at a show? The suggestion was to bake a batch at home and bring them to the show, then microwave them before serving to have a total of 12 cakes. For the aloha pizza, it was recommended to follow the directions and do the green onion curls first in ice water, and to use one tube of Pillsbury pizza dough for the demo. It was also suggested to show how to cut pineapple and let someone try it with the Santoku. Some hosts have bought double ingredients and made two pizzas, one on the bar pan and one on a metal pan, and spin the canned pineapple dry with a salad and berry spinner. There are
Michelle817
Silver Member
I've made both of those things at home (several times), but this weekend will be my first time making them at a show. For any of you who have made them, do you have any tips for me? We're expecting 8+ guests, so I was thinking about baking a batch of the lemon cakes at home (but not glaze them), taking them to the show, and microwaving them briefly to warm them before serving. That way we'll end up with 12 total. Does this sound fine? Thanks!

That sounds like a good idea for the lemon cakes - they'll keep.

I love the aloha pizza and I think I need to add it back to my selection. It's SO easy to do for a demo, and I'd love to try it as an interactive show. Definitely follow the directions and do the green onion curls first in ice water. If you can show how to cut the pineapple, and even let someone try it, that is a GREAT part of the demo. Most people think they need some fancy pineapple corer, but they just need our Santoku! ;)

I also only use one Pizza Dough tube - from Pillsbury, they come in "30% more" packages. You only need one tube of that, and can roll it out well. The recipe instructions are perfect for a demo, esp. the drizzling of the bbq sauce at the end with the baggie & twixit.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

cathyskitchen said:
That sounds like a good idea for the lemon cakes - they'll keep. I love the aloha pizza and I think I need to add it back to my selection. It's SO easy to do for a demo, and I'd love to try it as an interactive show. Definitely follow the directions and do the green onion curls first in ice water. If you can show how to cut the pineapple, and even let someone try it, that is a GREAT part of the demo. Most people think they need some fancy pineapple corer, but they just need our Santoku! ;)I also only use one Pizza Dough tube - from Pillsbury, they come in "30% more" packages. You only need one tube of that, and can roll it out well. The recipe instructions are perfect for a demo, esp. the drizzling of the bbq sauce at the end with the baggie & twixit.Good luck and let us know how it goes!
I did the Aloha Pizza as an interactive demo - and it worked out great! The host bought double ingredients, and so we did 2 - one on the bar pan, and one on her metal pan. Put them side by side in the oven, and set the timer. The one on the metal pan burned on the bottom.....I sold 4 bar pans that night - I think most of the other guests already had one, or I would have sold more!:D

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
I did the Aloha Pizza as an interactive demo - and it worked out great! The host bought double ingredients, and so we did 2 - one on the bar pan, and one on her metal pan. Put them side by side in the oven, and set the timer. The one on the bar pan burned on the bottom.....I sold 4 bar pans that night - I think most of the other guests already had one, or I would have sold more!:D

huh? tee hee ;)

If someone can tell me how to attach, I'll post my interactive-style Aloha Pizza.

I did Aloha Pizza at a show ... we used the canned pineapple and I wish I'd had a salad and berry spinner to spin it dry!

I used canned pineapple too, I am not good with real pineapples, no patience.
I love the recipe and it is a great demo :)

Di_Can_Cook said:
I did Aloha Pizza at a show ... we used the canned pineapple and I wish I'd had a salad and berry spinner to spin it dry!

Excellent idea, Di!!! I love it!

There was directions for cutting the pineapple with the Santoku in the Season's Best from S/S 2007 - you may want to see if anyone has one that you can look up. It explains it SO easily and I'll never worry about cutting a pineapple again!

ChefBeckyD - FAB idea with cooking 2 pizzas (1 on LBP and 1 on metal pan)

I like this demo idea - it is a great twist on pizza but SO easy! It uses TONS of tools.......

I just did the lemon cakes today and it was super easy for a show. We actually made one batch before the show and one batch during the show. I had the host prepare the cake part of the recipe while the guests helped with the other part (they were actually wanting to help!). It was really easy and super quick!

What is the secret to making the best lemon cakes at a Pampered Chef show?

The key to making delicious lemon cakes is to use fresh, high-quality ingredients. Make sure to use fresh lemon juice and zest for a bright, tangy flavor. You can also add a touch of vanilla extract for a more complex taste. And don't forget to use a good quality non-stick pan for easy removal of the cakes.

Can I make the lemon cakes ahead of time for my Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can make the lemon cakes ahead of time and store them in an airtight container. They will keep well for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw them completely before serving.

What is the best way to serve the Aloha Pizza at a Pampered Chef show?

The best way to serve the Aloha Pizza is to let it cool for a few minutes after taking it out of the oven. Then, slice it into wedges and serve it on a platter. You can also top it with some fresh chopped herbs or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for an extra pop of flavor.

Can I use store-bought pizza dough for the Aloha Pizza?

Yes, you can use store-bought pizza dough for the Aloha Pizza. However, for the best flavor and texture, we recommend making your own dough using our Pampered Chef pizza dough recipe. It's quick and easy to make and will give your pizza a delicious homemade touch.

What is the best way to clean the Pampered Chef stoneware used for the Aloha Pizza?

The best way to clean the Pampered Chef stoneware used for the Aloha Pizza is to let it cool completely after use. Then, scrape off any food residue with a plastic scraper or nylon brush. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the stoneware. To remove any stubborn stains, soak the stoneware in hot water and baking soda before washing it with warm water and a mild dish soap.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg