• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Microwave Cake is Best? Tips for Making Delicious Cakes

apple spice cake. Three eggs mixed with apple pie filling. Then add in a spice cake mix. Microwave and let set. Top with cream cheese frosting. So good!
emmabelle47
I am doing a microwave cake for my show this weekend and was thinking about the new Chocolate Velvet with Strawberries, but also came across the Mexican Cake and Turtle Fudge Cake. What is everyone's opinion- whats the best microwave cake you've made? I heard some of these tend to turn out a little dry so if anyone has any tips, please let me know! Thanks!

The Triple Chocolate Fudge cake is STILL the best in my opinion!! I've been doing it for 3 years now and it's always a "WOW" item at my shows and it's completely moist, warm and oh-so delicious!!!!

I made an apple spice cake. Three eggs mixed with apple pie filling. Then add in a spice cake mix. Microwave and let set. Top with cream cheese frosting. So good!

emmabelle, I honestly think the secret to keeping the microwave cakes moist is the glaze. Do not forget the glaze or it can tend to taste like rubber! The first Mexican chocolate cake I did, the glaze made it not only look awesome, but taste awesome. The second one I did, I got distracted and forgot about the glaze. I put the cool whip out (which you use in the glaze), but it didn't dawn on me until much later, that, d'oh!, I forgot the glaze! I didn't have complaints, but no one but me knew any better. I found that to be the same with the lemon cakes. I haven't yet tried the other 2 you mentioned, though.

HTH

Tammy

c00p said:
The Triple Chocolate Fudge cake is STILL the best in my opinion!! I've been doing it for 3 years now and it's always a "WOW" item at my shows and it's completely moist, warm and oh-so delicious!!!!

Can you post the recipe for using the microwave? All I have is the oven directions.

Kahlua Cake is the one for me!

emmabelle47 said:
Can you post the recipe for using the microwave? All I have is the oven directions.

Here are the few that I have saved on my computer.

Attachments

• MICROWAVE CAKE RECIPES.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 687
  • Microwave recipes.doc
    28 KB · Views: 468
  • MICROWAVECAKERECIPES[2].doc
    38 KB · Views: 363
  • 321 CAKE.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 525
c00p said:

Would you post the recipe for this one? Sounds delish.

jenf said:
Would you post the recipe for this one? Sounds delish.

With the directions for making it in the microwave! Thanks!

If you don't have the fluted pan... what do you use?

I just made the mexican chocolate cake for the first time today and it was super yummy. Haven't made any other ones yet though...just got my fluted stone a few days ago.

bumping for answer!

for most of the micrwave cakes you can also use the rice cooker. The fluted pan is pretty unique so I do not know what you could substitute. Maybee the batter bowl?

My favorite on is to put a canister of coconut pecan frosting in the bottom of the fluted pan; mix either a german chocolate or french vanilla cake mix per box directions; pour batter over frosting and bake in microwave for 10 min or until cake releases from side of pan. You have to use judgement on the time with each microwave you encounter because of the differences in wattage. Having a host tell you her microwave is very new does not ensure a high wattage. I LOVE making these at shows. I flip them onto the SA round tray and they look and taste marvelous!

I did the Chocolate Velvet w/Strawberries and it was a great hit. It's a great recipe for the new interactive shows too. Very easy for the guest too.

gosh, I'll have to try some of these recipes! What I love about microwave cakes is that they are fast and easy!! I still love the mexican chocolate cakes, but the warm hazelnut one, made in the rice cooker is my family's favorite! I really like the sunshine cake for brunch shoes! Because of the fresh squeezed orange juice that you brush on top! Plus you can add candied orange peel to the top! It's yummy and it tastes light and refreshing for first thing in the morning! I think that you could make these cakes in the batter bowls but of course you'd need to increase the time!

Velvet is the best according to my husband

My director always swore by the Sunshine Cake - we made it at a meeting once and it was FAB. I prefer the German Choc. Cake but just b/c it's super easy. HTH - here are the recipes:

Attachments

• Sunshine Cake & German Chocolate Cake (Fluted Pan).doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 417
My choc. strawberry cake bubbled over in the microwave. Be careful!

wadesgirl said:
I made an apple spice cake. Three eggs mixed with apple pie filling. Then add in a spice cake mix. Microwave and let set. Top with cream cheese frosting. So good!

I love this one too. It's a great 2nd recipe for a brunch show. Even without the frosting.

The Mocha Cappuccino Cake from the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook is fab. I love this one!! It's made in the Deep Dish Baker the recipe is for baking in the oven but I do it in the microwave instead :)

I did the peanut butter swirl cake in the microwave and wish I'd done it in the oven. It was rather dry. Could that be because the recipe called for no oil, though the cake mix had it in there?It does taste good with ice cream on it, though!

So here's what I've tried last night and today:
1. Killer Kahlua Cake- I didn't think it was too bad. My brother ate half the cake himself- he loved it. My sister said it didn't have too much flavor, but I was being lazy and didn't put any glaze over it. My dad liked it and he doesn't normally like chocolate cake. (Used the family for "offical" test testers)
2. Turtle Fudge Cake- I changed the recipe just a tad, but it was awesome- even though the microwave I used was old and a section of it just didn't seem to want to bake. I did this one at a party and everyone loved it and couldn't believe I had cooked it in the microwave. Didn't sell that piece of stoneware though......Both of my recipes used oil, and they both turned out very moist. I could see them hardening quicker than a normal cake if left out. Overall, these may be a staple in my house.

warm hazelnut using the rice cooker plus is wonderful!:)

I did the micro cake with a dark chocolate cake and the coconut caramel pecan icing. It was awesome! Only thing is that the center didn't seem to want to bake. didn't want to overcook it so I finally took it out.Does anybody know why so many PC micro cakes use sour cream and leave out the oil? To me, the oil made a huge difference in this cake!

ditto
chefsuzn said:
warm hazelnut using the rice cooker plus is wonderful!:)

ditto!!

Debbie :D

1. What is the best microwave cake recipe for beginners?

One of the best and easiest microwave cake recipes for beginners is the classic vanilla mug cake. It only requires a few simple ingredients and can be ready in under 5 minutes. Plus, it's a great base recipe that can be customized with different mix-ins and toppings.

2. How can I make my microwave cake more moist?

To make your microwave cake more moist, try adding a tablespoon of sour cream, yogurt, or applesauce to the batter. You can also try using a touch of oil or melted butter instead of milk for a richer texture. Just be careful not to add too much, as it can make the cake dense and heavy.

3. Can I use a regular cake mix for a microwave cake?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix for a microwave cake. However, you will need to adjust the ingredients and cooking time. Most microwave cake recipes call for less liquid and a shorter cooking time compared to traditional oven-baked cakes.

4. What are some tips for preventing my microwave cake from getting dry or overcooked?

To prevent your microwave cake from getting dry or overcooked, make sure to check it frequently while it's cooking. You can also cover it with a damp paper towel or plastic wrap to trap the moisture and prevent it from drying out. Another tip is to use a lower power setting on your microwave and increase the cooking time to ensure the cake cooks evenly.

5. Can I make a microwave cake without eggs?

Yes, you can make a microwave cake without eggs. There are many egg substitutes that can be used, such as applesauce, mashed banana, or flaxseed meal. You can also try using a store-bought egg replacer. Just keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different from a traditional egg-based cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • jenbaez
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies