• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moist and Delicious Mexican Chocolate Cake Recipe | Easy and Crowd-Pleasing

R
RachelNguyen
I brought this to a friend's last night and it was a big hit! However, I had heard from a clustermate of mine that the cake was very dry, so I added a quarter cup of oil to the recipe and it came out GREAT! Moist and delicious. No problem unmolding from the fluted pan. I will add that from now on.

Also, the recipe calls for microwaving the cool whip and chocolate chips to make the glaze. I did it in my small sauce pan and that is how I would do it at a show so I could demo the cookware. It worked fine.

Thanks for the tip. I am planning on demoing this at my meeting on Monday.

Thanks for the tip on the oil. I thought it came out dry in the microwave also. Maybe the stone sucks in more moisture.

I did make a yellow cake using the same formula with the sour cream & eggs, but I put it in my Prof 12" skillet and baked it. First I put some raspberries & bluberries in the skillet with the cake batter over it. I threw a little cinnamon plus in the batter also.

I saw something that looked like that at the checkout stand the other day & improvised. I served it with cool whip & it was YUMMY! Very moist.

Both of these cakes sound delicious. I am planning on making the mexican choc cake for my dad's birthday on Mon. Thanks for the tip about the oil.

Another idea...more healthy too...
RachelNguyen said:
I brought this to a friend's last night and it was a big hit! However, I had heard from a clustermate of mine that the cake was very dry, so I added a quarter cup of oil to the recipe and it came out GREAT! Moist and delicious. No problem unmolding from the fluted pan. I will add that from now on.

Also, the recipe calls for microwaving the cool whip and chocolate chips to make the glaze. I did it in my small sauce pan and that is how I would do it at a show so I could demo the cookware. It worked fine.

Use applesauce in place of oil, less applesauce makes it moist and very good.

I wish I could remember the ratio: but I use the little premade cinnamon applesauce cup. I know if you search you'd find the correct ratio. It makes it moist and less oil and works great!!! can't taste it either.

hth:

Liz

1. What ingredients are needed to make this Moist and Delicious Mexican Chocolate Cake?

The main ingredients for this cake include flour, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, oil, milk, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, and Mexican chocolate. You will also need cool whip and chocolate chips for the glaze.

2. Can I make any substitutions in this recipe?

Yes, you can make a few substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. Instead of oil, you can use melted butter or coconut oil. If you don't have Mexican chocolate, you can use regular chocolate and add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to get the same flavor. You can also use almond milk instead of regular milk for a dairy-free option.

3. How do I prevent the cake from being dry?

This recipe has been tested and perfected to ensure a moist and delicious cake. However, if you find that your cake is dry, you can add a quarter cup of oil to the batter before baking. This will help keep the cake moist and prevent it from drying out.

4. Can I use a different pan instead of a fluted pan?

Yes, you can use a regular round or square cake pan if you don't have a fluted pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly. A fluted pan may give the cake a prettier presentation, but it will still taste just as delicious in any other pan.

5. Can I make the glaze on the stovetop instead of the microwave?

Yes, you can make the glaze on the stovetop if you prefer. Simply heat the cool whip and chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until the chocolate is melted and smooth. This method may be more convenient if you want to demonstrate the recipe using cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jilleysue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JaniD
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies