• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Debbie's Delicious Sacher Torte Cake - Get the Recipe!

In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gently fold the whites into the batter just until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake for about 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan before unmolding.To make the icing, melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler over hot water. Remove from heat and let cool.
DebbieSAChef
Ok ladies I got a Sacher Torte cake for my birthday. My hubby took me last month to pick it out at my favorite bakery in town (Nadler's).

It is OH SO GOOD!!! :love:

Chocolate cake made in a torte pan, it has a delicious rasberry filling, chocolate buttercream frosting and topped off with delicious chocolate ganache!! It's beautiful and delicious!!

It's my favorite cake! Does anyone have a recipe??? I would love to make my own at home! My hubby would love that too. LOL

Plus I might do this at special shows, like a chocoholics show and just use all my PC products (torte pan, cooling rack, spreader, etc)!!

Thanks for any help ladies!!

Debbie :D

This is what's on All Recipes:

Sachertorte

INGREDIENTS
5 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
5 eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter, softened
4 (1 ounce) squares chopped semisweet chocolate
6 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup apricot preserves

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Have all ingredients at room temperature.
  2. Melt the 5 ounces of the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Remove from heat and let cool.
  3. Separate the eggs. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat the egg yolks in gradually until light in color. Add the melted, cooled chocolate and beat it in. Gradually add the sifted flour to the batter.
  4. Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold them into the mixture. Pour batter into one ungreased 9 inch springform pan.
  5. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely before removing from pan and icing. Once cool remove from pan and slice cake horizontally. Set top half aside and spread filling of pureed jam between the layers. Cover top and sides with warm Sachertorte icing.
  6. To Make Sachertorte Icing: Melt 1 tablespoon butter and 4 ounces chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Add the coffee and beat well. Sift and add the confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread the warm icing on the top and sides of the torte

I Googled the name & here goes.....

Sacher Torte
Recipe from: Chocolate Cake
by MICHELE URVATER
Cookbook Heaven at Recipelink.com

There are many stories and myths about the origins of this famous cake. The version I know was told to me by Jurgen David, one of my pastry teachers at the French Culinary Institute. He is Austrian and worked for a few years at the Sacher Hotel, making countless numbers of Sacher tortes, and he swears this is the only authentic recipe for Sacher torte.

Sometime in the 1830s, Emperor Franz Josef, of the Austro-Hungarian empire, asked his pastry chef, Eduard Sacher, to create a less filling cake than the whipped cream-filled ones then in vogue. At the time, Mr. Sacher was working at Demers pastry shop in Vienna, where he created for the emperor the jam-filled cake we know today as Sacher torte. However, after he left Demel’s pastry shop and established his own establishment--the Sacher Hotel--he continued to bake his cake. This is how a dispute arose between Demers and the Sacher Hotel about which was the authentic cake. Eventually the dispute was settled and laws were put into place about which ingredients are allowed in an authentic Sacher torte and how it must be prepared. Today, only Demel's and the Sacher Hotel in Vienna are allowed, by law, to inscribe the name Sacher on their cakes. The only change I have made is to substitute unsweetened chocolate (which Europeans do not use) for the bittersweet chocolate so that the glaze is less cloying.

Makes one 9-inch, 2-layer cake; Serves 12

CAKE

7 tablespoons (3.5 ounces) unsalted butter, softened

Scant 1/2 cup (2 ounces) confectioners' sugar, sifted

6 large eggs, separated

3.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled

Pinch of salt

7 tablespoons (3.5 ounces) superfine sugar

3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon (3.5 ounces) cake flour

FILLING

1/4 cup granulated sugar

3 tablespoons dark rum

1 cup (12-ounce jar) apricot preserves

SACHER GLAZE

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8.75 ounces) granulated sugar

7 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped

TO MAKE THE CAKE

Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 2.5-inch springform pan and line the bottom with a parchment or greased waxed paper circle.

With an electric mixer on low speed (or with a stationary mixer fitted with the paddle attachment), beat the butter for 1 minute, or until light. Add the confectioners' sugar and beat for 2 minutes longer.

Add the egg yolks two at a time, beating for 10 seconds between additions, or until absorbed by the butter. Scrape down the beaters and sides of the bowl and beat for 1 minute longer, or until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and mix until combined.

Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form soft peaks. With the machine running, add the superfine sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, and beat until the egg whites are stiff and glossy. With a rubber spatula, fold 1/2 the egg whites into the batter. Transfer the flour to a strainer and sift it over the batter as you fold it in along with the remaining beaten egg whites.

Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan, smooth the top, and set the pan on a larger baking sheet (to catch the drips). Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out dry.

Cool the cake to room temperature in the pan on a wire rack. Run a knife around the cake to loosen it from the sides, then unlock the springform and lift the cake out of the ring.

TO MAKE THE FILLING

Turn the cooled cake upside down onto a cardboard round cut slightly smaller than the diameter of the cake. Remove the metal base and peel off the paper. With a serrated knife, split the cake horizontally in two and set aside the top layer.

In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil, stirring. Remove from the heat and add 2 tablespoons of the rum.

Puree the apricot preserves in a blender with 1 tablespoon of water and strain out the chunks by passing the puree through a small sieve. Transfer the preserves to a small saucepan and bring them to a boil over low heat, stirring. Boil for 2 minutes, or until thickened, then remove from the heat and add the remaining tablespoon of rum.

With a pastry brush, soak the cake layer on the cardboard with IA the sugar syrup (be generous or the cake will be dry). Spread 1/3 of the warm apricot preserves over the syrup and top it with the second cake layer. Brush the second layer with the remaining sugar syrup and brush the top and sides with the remaining apricot preserves. Set the cake on a cooling rack or an icing grid set over waxed paper to catch the drips.

TO GLAZE

Bring the sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan and cook until a candy thermometer registers 220 degrees F. Add the chocolate, stir, and cook until a candy thermometer registers 230 degrees F (the "thread" stage). Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir until smooth.

Pour the hot glaze back and forth over the top and sides of the cake. Be generous as you pour so that the sides get covered, because the glaze can't be moved once it is on the cake. If there are any unglazed patches on the sides of the cake, use a small offset spatula to patch the nude spots with more glaze. Let the cake stand for I hour before transferring it to a plate or platter.

Storage:
Keep at room temperature, under a cake dome or an inverted large mixing bowl. Refrigerate only after a couple of days, but bring the cake back to room temperature before serving.

Note: If you are so inclined, write the name Sacher on top of the cake with piping chocolate. Or cover the top with crystallized flowers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More From This Book:

How to Melt Chocolate

White and Black Chocolate Cheesecake

Michele's German Chocolate Cake

Sacher Torte
Find a Recipe

All Recipes
Recipes Tried

ENJOY!!!!:cool:

I LOVE the Sacher torte at La Madeline!! I don't they have coffee in their recipe. Sometimes a restaurant will give out the recipe. Usually not, but sometimes.

Hi Debbie,I am so glad you enjoyed your Sacher Torte cake from Nadler's bakery! It sounds absolutely divine with the raspberry filling and chocolate ganache. I can see why it's your favorite cake.I don't have a specific recipe for Sacher Torte, but I do have some tips for making it at home using your Pampered Chef products. First, you can use the Large Round Stone to bake the cake in the torte pan. The stone will distribute heat evenly and help prevent the cake from over-browning on the bottom. For the raspberry filling, you can use the Small Batter Bowl to mix and store it in, and the Small Scoop to help evenly distribute the filling on the cake layers.For the chocolate buttercream frosting, you can use the Classic Batter Bowl to mix it in and the Small Spreader to evenly spread it on the cake. And for the final touch, you can use the Small Micro-Cooker to melt the chocolate for the ganache and the Small Mix 'N Scraper to stir it until smooth. Then, use the Small Spreader again to spread the ganache over the top of the cake.I hope these tips help and that you and your husband have fun making your own Sacher Torte at home. It would definitely be a hit at any special show, especially a chocoholics one! Happy baking!Best,

1. What is the recipe for Debbie's Delicious Sacher Torte Cake?

The recipe for Debbie's Delicious Sacher Torte Cake can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the Pampered Chef recipe book. It includes ingredients such as flour, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, and apricot jam.

2. How long does it take to make Debbie's Delicious Sacher Torte Cake?

The total time to make Debbie's Delicious Sacher Torte Cake is about 2-3 hours, including prep and baking time. However, the actual hands-on time is only about 30 minutes.

3. Can I make any substitutions for the ingredients in Debbie's Delicious Sacher Torte Cake?

Yes, you can make some substitutions to cater to dietary restrictions or personal preferences. For example, you can use gluten-free flour instead of regular flour, or raspberry jam instead of apricot jam.

4. How should I store Debbie's Delicious Sacher Torte Cake?

Debbie's Delicious Sacher Torte Cake should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months, but make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing.

5. Can I use a different pan size for Debbie's Delicious Sacher Torte Cake?

Yes, you can use a different pan size, but keep in mind that it may affect the baking time and the overall texture of the cake. It is recommended to use a 9-inch springform pan for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
TeresaG
  • lilscrapmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
luvs2cook