• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Sandwich W/ Torte Pan

In summary, a conversation was had about using chocolate cake mix and ice cream to create a delicious ice cream sandwich torte for a son's birthday. The idea was shared and a recipe was provided for the torte. Suggestions were also made for healthier alternatives using low-calorie ice cream bars and fat-free whipping cream.
lilscrapmama
For my son's birthday this weekend, i at the last minute, threw in some chocolate cake mix in the torte pans, baked them...after they cooled I scooped choc. chip mint icecream on one layer, put on the other cake layer and we had a huge icecream sandwich :) HE LOVED IT! just wanted to share...:)

That is a great idea! Thanks. I'm sorry I just hijacked your post.

My director said to increase interest in the June Host Special for the Chillzanne Rectangular server, make the Spring/Summer 2006 Ice Cream Sandwich Torte recipe on the freezable 13" by 9" tray. I thought that was a great idea.

Here's the recipe.

The Pampered Chef ®
Ice Cream Sandwich Torte Recipe

1 cup coarsely chopped creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 10 cookies)
1/2 cup milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
12 frozen rectangle ice cream sandwiches (3.75 ounces each), unwrapped, divided
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated or multi-colored sprinkles

Coarsely chop cookies using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; whisk using Stainless Whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Immediately fold in half of the whipped topping and cookies using Classic Scraper; set filling aside.

Working quickly, arrange six of the ice cream sandwiches side by side on Chillzanne Rectangular server tray (have the tray in the freezer before doing the recipe). Spread filling evenly over sandwiches using Small Spreader. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches, forming a rectangular-shaped torte; smooth sides. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of torte. Grate chocolate over torte using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Freeze at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: If freezing torte overnight, remove from freezer 30-45 minutes before serving for easier slicing.

Shopping List
10 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
1/2 cup milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
12 frozen ice cream sandwiches (3.75 ounces each)
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels or multi-colored sprinkles

Thanks for both tips - great ideas!!

I made that ice cream sandwich torte in the chillzanne a few weeks ago. It's VERY rich. Dh wants me to do it again but this time instead of 2 layers of sandwiches, to cut each sandwich in half, putting the filling inbetween the laeyrs of 1 sandwich. What do you think?

I thought it was great the way it was, but it was alot, kwim? I may do it his way for his bday in July. :D

That's really cool!
Saves a bundle from Baskin Robins!

I think WW does ice cream bars.... Woudln't it be cool to make this diet friendly??

4kids4me,
Using WW ice cream bars would be great for those who want to keep it low in calories. Plus, you could use low-fat or fat free whipping cream.

I never thought of a healthy revision of this recipe! Thanks.

1. How do I make an ice cream sandwich using the Torte Pan?

Making an ice cream sandwich with the Torte Pan is simple! Start by lining the pan with parchment paper and spreading your favorite flavor of softened ice cream evenly in the pan. Then, place another piece of parchment paper on top and use the lid of the pan to press down and create an even layer. Freeze for 1-2 hours, remove from the pan and cut into squares. Place your ice cream squares between two cookies and enjoy!

2. Can I use any type of cookie with the Torte Pan?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie with the Torte Pan! It works best with cookies that are about 2-3 inches in diameter and slightly soft. You can use homemade cookies or store-bought ones, just make sure they are evenly sized and not too hard.

3. How many ice cream sandwiches can I make with one Torte Pan?

The Torte Pan can make about 9-12 ice cream sandwiches, depending on the size of your cookies and how thick you spread your ice cream. You can always make multiple batches if you need to make more sandwiches.

4. Can I use the Torte Pan for other desserts besides ice cream sandwiches?

Yes, the Torte Pan can be used for a variety of desserts! You can make layered cakes, brownies, and even frozen desserts like ice cream cakes. The possibilities are endless!

5. How do I clean the Torte Pan?

The Torte Pan is dishwasher safe, but we recommend washing it by hand to prolong its lifespan. Use warm soapy water and a soft sponge to clean the pan. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils that could scratch the non-stick coating. Dry the pan thoroughly before storing it away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cheflydia
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies